Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I've been wondering the same for ages Vanity. As you say, why would that so greatly affect a potential transfer? I can't see why he couldn't play for LCFC while a potential image rights dispute was being resolved.

That's the conclusion I drew as well Sylo. The whole thing would kind of makes sense if the issue was 3rd party ownership and it stands to reason that no party involved would want that being made public, hence the wall of silence and the ridiculously protracted nature of the transfer.

I imagine the contract relating to his image rights is qualified by references to his contractual employer being Manchester City. 

Whatever legal disputes he has, they clearly need to be resolved before his registration changes hands. The fact that first eleven seem to have questions about their respectability makes this even more difficult to sort out. As referenced earlier, this could be the guys only chance to make any money for the rest of his days. someone is going to have to dig deep. It may already have been done but the clubs and the player are going to have to pay this guy off and it won't come/have come cheap.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

That's the conclusion I drew as well Sylo. The whole thing would kind of makes sense if the issue was 3rd party ownership and it stands to reason that no party involved would want that being made public, hence the wall of silence and the ridiculously protracted nature of the transfer.

If it is we are safe its man c with the problem. If it is the case we should use it to our advantage. lollol 

27 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Possibly because we always seem to get caught up in some bullshit where transfers drag on.

Them comments from Pep seem less certain than a week or so ago.

I mean they are embarrassing and should be closed.

16 minutes ago, brookfox said:

A day in the life...

Woke up, got out of bed
Checked the Iheanacho thread
Found my way downstairs, read a quote from Pep
And reading it he said it's running late
Found my phone and read more crap
Ten medicals in seconds flat
Found a settlement and contracts went up in smoke
Then Kelechi signed and I went into a dream

I Read Foxes talk today O Boy 

Ten thousand reasons Nacho's not signing.. 

And though it mad be kind of sad.. 

I had to take a look 

It's like I've a read a book.. 

I'd love to turn it offfffff ffffff........ 

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If it is we are safe its man c with the problem. If it is the case we should use it to our advantage. lollol 

Pep's comment seems interesting in that it's either us or he stays there. To me, that says its feasible that they can't sell him in this window which isn't something that he was saying the previous week. He has been away from the country for a while now so may not be aware of the nuances of the situation or it could be that we have taken responsibility for the legal side resolution (Man City have reduced their fee to compensate us in this regard) so he cannot know how things are progesssing. 

The player and MNC have been aware of this problem since at least December 2016. Surely as they had not resolved this issue it would preclude any future transfer dealings. Kelechi has already lost lucrative sponsorship deals due this and  i would have thought he would be eager to put this to bed.

I suggest he pays up the £3m and gain the rights of which I am sure he could make up in a year due to signing on bonus and sponsorship. It is at least 7 months down the line and this matter has not been resolved or looks likely to in the near future.

It appears he has been badly informed and somewhat betrayed by his so called  "friend". I am not too sure what  Rudkins' input has been in this but the possibility of a renegotiated deal in order to expedite this transaction where both clubs contributed to the £3m  asking price would be good for all the parties involved.

We desperately need more fire power and a creative midfielder is a must, in order to supply the forwards. Judging by our lacklustre performances so far in pre-season the sooner Rudkin gets one in the better.

Can someone at Leicester just hurry up and put a leaked picture of him holding a shirt at the training ground?

I will only believe we are signing him when we are arguing over who is in the picture. It is Carl Cort, no Max Gradel is coming back, looks like Pascal Chimbinda to me!

FFS hurry up Rudkin.

Guest MattP

Most farcical transfer we have done this. Ridiculous a case in a courtroom can hold up a move and we miss vital time integrating a player into the squad that could cost us vital points early in the season.

Everything that is wrong with football. The FA and FIFA should be sorting out things like this before anything. 

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately we know no such thing.

The more this drags on it's looking less and less likely to happen IMO. :(

it will happen. That's just your own skepticism talking. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it will happen. That's just your own skepticism talking. 

You've been steadfastly sure on this all along and I hope your faith in this deal being completed is correct.

But with the legal problem(s) still seemingly unresolved there must be some doubt as to whether it will happen?

Strange we cannot officially sign and register him as a LCFC player, leaving this side show to fester separately.. This is harming is now,  as doubt he would be fit and I the right state of mind ti start playing for us the longer the pantomime drifts on..  That could cost us financially in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

You've been steadfastly sure on this all along and I hope your faith in this deal being completed is correct.

But with the legal problem(s) still seemingly unresolved there must be some doubt as to whether it will happen?

can see why you think there may be doubt but put it this way...

We wanted Iheanacho.

Man City gave us a value for him. 

We put a bid in for him and there were some reasonable negotiations had between both clubs.

The player is happy to come here and knows he'll get more games here.

Man City are happy to sell to us.

We've spoken to the player and terms have been agreed. 

The deal is done between us, Man City and the player/agent themselves.

The legal problems will get resolved. If that means paying off someone then so be it. My source said the other day it might be announced tomorrow and I'll stick by that until told otherwise. 

Like you I just want this deal completed for various reasons - 1) so he can get to join the team and how we play etc and 2) to stop other clubs coming in for him (note I don't think this will happen!!). 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

can see why you think there may be doubt but put it this way...

We wanted Iheanacho.

Man City gave us a value for him. 

We put a bid in for him and there were some reasonable negotiations had between both clubs.

The player is happy to come here and knows he'll get more games here.

Man City are happy to sell to us.

We've spoken to the player and terms have been agreed. 

The deal is done between us, Man City and the player/agent themselves.

The legal problems will get resolved. If that means paying off someone then so be it. My source said the other day it might be announced tomorrow and I'll stick by that until told otherwise. 

Like you I just want this deal completed for various reasons - 1) so he can get to join the team and how we play etc and 2) to stop other clubs coming in for him (note I don't think this will happen!!). 

I really want to trust you/your source on this. I just have this nagging doubt that the deal will collapse.

If it collapses then seems will be related to the players personal legal arrangements rather than anything to do with us and Man City. Whether it could be regenerated in January with first eleven compromising on their demands in the face of getting nothing if the player stays at city remains to be seen - if it isn't announced this week then seems to me that first eleven are playing a longish game and may only accept the offer on the table back end august as time ticks out on the window. 

If it isn't resolved as yet, you might see us being linked to a similar player this week in order to put 'the frightners' on first eleven. Pep has indicated that it's us or he could stay there. That comment could be part of that charade.

stans comments re his source indicates it is resolved but no announcement means it's possible that there is verbal agreement but no papers actually signed by everyone involved. As shakey said on Friday - we need to get it over the line before we can announce it. That's says it's pretty close too or he would have been far more vague.

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

FFS get this sorted like today, this is getting silly.

Pep says Nasri has no future, watching our midfield yesterday I would be all over that.

Nasri and Vardy might be a problem

Archived