Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

There's a legal cooling off period they've had to wait before announcing it.

One question, Abrasive:

HAS HE SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH LEICESTER CITY?..

:D

Can anyone explain to a stupid American attorney why this holds up a transfer? This appears to be a breach of contract claim between Nacho and First Eleven. What is it that holds up his transfer to LCFC? Neither MNC or LCFC are a party to the action, and whether Nacho comes to play for LCFC or MNC has no bearing on the value of his image rights (outside of a rather attenuated "he would be worth more on the bench at MNC than playing first team at LCFC," which is so speculative that I have trouble seeing it being taken seriously). I get it, there is clearly a reason here, I am just curious what it is so I can understand the reasoning.

From Pep's press conference today, still doesn't sound like it's sorted.. :dry:

Guardiola is also expecting 20-year-old Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho to leave the Etihad Stadium for Leicester City.

"I think Kelechi is going to leave, for Leicester. I think so, but I don't want to say something wrong. If it doesn't happen he will be part of the group," the Spaniard added.

6 hours ago, vanity said:

Can anyone explain to a stupid American attorney why this holds up a transfer? This appears to be a breach of contract claim between Nacho and First Eleven. What is it that holds up his transfer to LCFC? Neither MNC or LCFC are a party to the action, and whether Nacho comes to play for LCFC or MNC has no bearing on the value of his image rights (outside of a rather attenuated "he would be worth more on the bench at MNC than playing first team at LCFC," which is so speculative that I have trouble seeing it being taken seriously). I get it, there is clearly a reason here, I am just curious what it is so I can understand the reasoning.

I'm starting to wonder if these so called image rights are third party ownership in disguise.

6 hours ago, vanity said:

This case is probably subject to Nigerian Law and Jurisdiction. That should answer your question?...........

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This case is probably subject to Nigerian Law and Jurisdiction. That should answer your question?...........

Haha, I suspect that would be better than the truth, which it turns out is that Iheanacho is suing (among other defendants) a scummy American attorney, Robert Zanicky, who was charged in 2011 with corrupting the morals of two girls, who were 16 and 17 at the time. Zanicky met each girl, began a relationship with them consisting of phone calls and thousands of texts, plied them both with gifts and attention for months, and eventually rented a motel room and brought each of them there (separately) with the intent to have sexual contact with them. Or at least, Zanicky did not dispute the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania could have proven he had done that, if he hadn't pled no contest. He was 40 years old at the time he did this. Police alleged he had sex with one of the girls, and attempted sexual acts with the other. As a consequence, Zanicky was suspended from the practice of law for two years by the state of Pennsylvania, as well as DHS.

He was/is a scummy immigration attorney. He lost his livelihood from Sept. 2014-Sept. 2016, so this is a huge payday for him. And Iheanacho only filed this suit in December of 2016 -- he has asked a Pennsylvania court to dissolve his contract with First Eleven and all the parties involved, while also seeking punitive damages, attorneys’ fees and expenses -- and although I am barred in Pennsylvania, it seems unlikely this will be resolved prior to the season unless Nacho settles. Quite possibly not even next season. Whichever side loses will likely appeal, which could take years. 

Now I am rather curious what the pleadings say. Not enough to pay for them entirely by myself, but if anyone gets curious enough to do so, I am happy to provide free legal commentary. The pleadings can be found/ordered herehttps://www.searchiqs.com/paluz/SearchAdvancedMP.aspxthe case number is 201613166.

7 hours ago, vanity said:

I've been wondering the same for ages Vanity. As you say, why would that so greatly affect a potential transfer? I can't see why he couldn't play for LCFC while a potential image rights dispute was being resolved.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I'm starting to wonder if these so called image rights are third party ownership in disguise.

That's the conclusion I drew as well Sylo. The whole thing would kind of makes sense if the issue was 3rd party ownership and it stands to reason that no party involved would want that being made public, hence the wall of silence and the ridiculously protracted nature of the transfer.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/guardiola-nasri-set-leave-man-city-iheanacho-close-leicester

"I think Kelechi is going to leave, for Leicester. I think so, but I don't want to say something wrong. If it doesn't happen he will be part of the group," the Spaniard added.
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/guardiola-nasri-set-leave-man-city-iheanacho-close-leicester#zlcRZwxrh2xsk4tQ.99

Sounds like it'll happen but with each passing day everyone is losing out. He should be a settled part of the side with 2-3 games under his belt by now. Surely we should be putting a bit more pressure on any rascal third parties. 

It's done in principle and has been for ages, the only thing that scuppers this is if his former agents somehow veto it which I'm not sure can happen. Iheanacho ought to just sign and then sort this guff out at a later date, I swear this happened to Rooney when he went from Everton to Man Utd.

14 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

This and most of the transfer threads are a joke

Possibly because we always seem to get caught up in some bullshit where transfers drag on.

Them comments from Pep seem less certain than a week or so ago.

Not really news.

We all know hee'll be a Leicester player come the end of the transfer window, it's more a case of getting him in quickly so he can play a part in pre-season. Getting him up to match fitness and being a part of the group. As an industrious side who rely on team spirit and work ethic it's vital we get players in quicker so they can learn our style and bond with the squad.

To be fair though, it seems that this transfer has been out of our hands. Iborra and Maguire have come in quickly and are already up to speed. 

A day in the life...

Woke up, got out of bed
Checked the Iheanacho thread
Found my way downstairs, read a quote from Pep
And reading it he said it's running late
Found my phone and read more crap
Ten medicals in seconds flat
Found a settlement and contracts went up in smoke
Then Kelechi signed and I went into a dream

9 hours ago, vanity said:

Don't worry vanity got one of our eminent lawyers on the case.

hqdefault.jpg

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not really news.

We all know hee'll be a Leicester player come the end of the transfer window, it's more a case of getting him in quickly so he can play a part in pre-season. Getting him up to match fitness and being a part of the group. As an industrious side who rely on team spirit and work ethic it's vital we get players in quicker so they can learn our style and bond with the squad.

To be fair though, it seems that this transfer has been out of our hands. Iborra and Maguire have come in quickly and are already up to speed. 

Unfortunately we know no such thing.

The more this drags on it's looking less and less likely to happen IMO. :(

Archived