Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I wish people would stop asking, 'what's going on?' 

We know what the issue is.  We've known for weeks and we also know that it's nothing to do with us.

I forgot......so what's going on?

What this image rights thing?? Sorry but how does a player/agent/football club get in this mess where they can't sell a player... how difficult must it be to sort out??

sorry for asking, I wasn't sure if I missed anything

11 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We know what the issue is.  We've known for weeks and we also know that it's nothing to do with us.

I think it's fair people getting a bit pissed off given we were told on Monday that the image rights issue was resolved.

15 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

But..... What's going on? We just wana know :) 

It is amazing how impatient some people are. There will be hundreds of transfers held up over the summer. Buying a player isn't straightforward these days. It will happen at some point. I suggest people leave the thread and come back when there is some official news - as opposed to relying on websites and social media that produce endless amounts of rubbish and guesswork.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's fair people getting a bit pissed off given we were told on Monday that the image rights issue was resolved.

Do you honestly believe every piece of internet gossip that you read? Do you not realise that websites make up drivel like this to get you clicking and browsing!

13 minutes ago, Micky said:

It is amazing how impatient some people are. There will be hundreds of transfers held up over the summer. Buying a player isn't straightforward these days. It will happen at some point. I suggest people leave the thread and come back when there is some official news - as opposed to relying on websites and social media that produce endless amounts of rubbish and guesswork.

It's not just that though is it.

For weeks it's been known a fee was agreed, and that the hold up was this agent contractual situation which we were told was resolved earlier in the week.

That being the case if things were as 'cut and dried' as has been made out, the medical would have followed.

It hasn't and we are less than two weeks from the beginning of the season. Even if he signs today, he's has had no preseason so won't be fit.

Thats far from ideal and I suspect is the reason behind much frustration. Add to that no contract has been signed, i.e the deal is not done, so anything can happen.

There are complicated issues on this one, so I'm not concerned that it's taking longer than usual.

What does concern me is that all of our eggs seem to be in this basket- we don't seem to be looking to do much more business, and I think there are real potential problem areas;

RB- unless we're playing wing backs, Simpson is our only option again

Winger- if we do sell Mahrez now, we will have no time to bring a replacement (one of the reasons I'm starting to think he will stay though) 

CB- Huth and Wes are getting on and picking up injuries, we may need another option. We definitely do if we want to play 3 at the back. 

CAM- we're still lacking that advanced playmaker to unlock defences 

I would like to see 3 more through the door before the window ends- a quality creative player approaching the peak of his powers, and a couple of younger players with bags of potential (Iheanacho would fit into this category)

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The contract being resolved was a quote from Top earlier in the week, so not sure why you think its drivel.

It wasn't according to stringer. There is no corroborated evidence, quotes etc etc that anything has been resolved. I think I prefer the story that's it's all done but we can't announce it until the yanks have signed off on their legal agreement.  Just a shame that the boy is missing out on playing for several weeks with his new team mates and learning their nuances without everyone worrying about tactical preps for the next game. 

I have just nicked this and changed it (no shame) but hopefully he signs just so we can sing this

"We've got Iheanacho

So much better than Defoe 

Kane, Rooney, Aguero

He's our Iheanacho 

He's a Nigerian striker

He's plays for Leicester 

Kelechi, kelechi

Oh kelechi, kelechi

He bangs them in (X3)

Iheanacho (x4)

And just in case you need the tune

Archived