Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City1884

Other teams signings so far

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Everton have made some great signings and Ramirez looks a steal at 5.75 million - however Lukaku was literally the only player who could win games for them. If I were an Everton fan, I'd be worried that they haven't signed a direct replacement for him. 

We welcome Ahmed Musa to Everton, for £40 milllion

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Swansea have signed Mesa as well who is a quality player.

All in all though given all the money PL clubs has got, transfers have been relatively slow coming which is because we're all being held to ransom. Hopefully there'll be an influx as the window draws to a close, with several of our shit (Ulloa, King, Musa etc) leaving.

Calling King shit is in my opinion out of order. More than decent player who has contributed massively to our cause over many seasons. Hopefully we'll be moving on to greater things and newer better players.. but shit? Not in my book.

Calling any player shit that is wearing a Leicester shirt is a little out of order.

They may not be up to the standard we expect now.

But there again I live in a world where I remember the good things

Musa 2 against Everton when we really were poor, 2 against Barcelona before it all went sour

Ulloa, our first season back in the Premier when he managed to get 12 goal in a team that were relegation fodder

And who can forget that penalty, and the Norwich goal in the season we won the league......

King, he don't half get some crap on here but everytime he called upon he gives us all the talent he has.

I go back to last season until March, have a look at the post match threads...........Nobody came out smelling of roses

If any of them go, they will go with my best wishes and a thankyou for what they have done      :geek:     :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Calling any player shit that is wearing a Leicester shirt is a little out of order.

They may not be up to the standard we expect now.

But there again I live in a world where I remember the good things

Musa 2 against Everton when we really were poor, 2 against Barcelona before it all went sour

Ulloa, our first season back in the Premier when he managed to get 12 goal in a team that were relegation fodder

And who can forget that penalty, and the Norwich goal in the season we won the league......

King, he don't half get some crap on here but everytime he called upon he gives us all the talent he has.

I go back to last season until March, have a look at the post match threads...........Nobody came out smelling of roses

If any of them go, they will go with my best wishes and a thankyou for what they have done      :geek:     :thumbup:

Very well said.

It's the nature of the game that players come & go but there is no need to slag them when they go. 

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Surely Everton aren't going to rely on Fat Rooney up front all season?

Who else do they have?

Didn't they sign a striker called Ramirez?

On 04/08/2017 at 08:22, City1884 said:

So I know there is still a fair bit of time left in the window, but I've just been reviewing the signings that the other premier league clubs have made.

Apart from the top 7, I'm very underwhelmed by everyone else's signings.

I can list a maximum of about 10 players who stand out to me as decent signings for the other clubs, and it's giving me a bit more confidence for this season.

I can see a lot of teams struggling, with IMO only Bournemouth & West Ham doing decent business.

What does everyone else think?

Here's the few I would class as decent signings:

Bournemouth - Begovic, Defoe, Ake

Newcastle - Atsu

Swansea - Abraham

Watford - Chalobah

West Brom - Rodriguez

West Ham - Hart, Arnautovic, Hernandez, Zabaleta

There will obviously be a couple of decent signings that appear from nowhere for other clubs this season, like every season, but the rest don't strike me as impressive at all thus far...............

With the exception of West Ham, I think this confirms how hard it is to get deals over the line, even with the money at PL clubs disposal. Something worth remembering when people comment on our dealings.

We've signed a highly rated centre half early in the window. A player who has had incredible success in Europe and a highly sought after striker from one of the richest clubs in the world for £25m, which is great value in this market. We certainly need to add one or two more, but compared to teams we are competing against, our business is certainly in the top 2 or 3.

I don't even think Everton's signings have been as good as people think, I think they'll struggle and nowhere near top 6.

Keane- decent but in all honestly average 

Klassen- on paper he has a good record but I think even Ajax fans thought he was 'over-rated'

Ramirez- up and coming so who knows

Pickford- highly rated but again what happens when he loses confidence like Hart / Carson / Robinson all did

Rooney- Pahahahhahahahhaa

Martina- average

I don't look at any of there signings and think 'I wish we'd have signed him' 

They may have spend money but doesn't make them any better than average 

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I was really shocked that a club the size of Everton wanted to sign Rooney. I wouldn't want him here.

I'd have Rooney here. Realistically, imagine him playing behind Vardy... that's Wayne Rooney... for Leicester City....come on!

I think the media overvalues Everton's transfer window. Yes, they brought in a number of players that were mild to moderate upgrades, but losing Lukaku makes the net impact of their transfer window a negative. Unless they bring in a solid #9 to replace Lukaku, their current options are not going to be able to make up the 31 goals he created last season. 

Add in the additional midweek Europa league fixtures, and I see them as a rather mid-table club this year. 

Guest BlueBrett
On 07/08/2017 at 11:56, FoxinNotts said:

I'd have Rooney here. Realistically, imagine him playing behind Vardy... that's Wayne Rooney... for Leicester City....come on!

Rooney > Sigurdsson 

21 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Brighton signing Jose Izquierdo for £13m. Was really impressed with him when we played Brugge last season.

Yep, the 2 best players from the "lesser" teams we played in the Champions League last year are now at the newly promoted sides, given Zanka moved from Copenhagen to Huddersfield.

Izquierdo was miles above any other Brugge player across both games.

Archived