Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I watched James play In his last competitive game, it was the checkatrade trophy against Shef U u23s and reserves. He might look ok in some friendlies but King has played in the Prem and for Wales , James hasn't played competitive football for so long that throwing him in against Arsenal would be silly. In my opinion. I expect Shakes will see this the way I do. Feel free to say ' told you so ' if he doesn't. 

I presume you missed him bossing the championship for the last half of the season with Barnsley then?

Last time I checked Championship games were in fact competitive.

I do think we will see Okazaki start to give us more of a defensive forward role and dropping a little in the midfield when necessary, as with him we play 4-4-1-1.

I can see us swapping Okazaki out with Iheanacho if we are chasing the game. If we're getting pushed deep in the midfield, then King will come on, or if things are going well but we need more cover on set pieces, Slimani.

This is assuming James and Ndidi start as the CMs.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't think I've ever been less excited for the opening game. A comfortable loss on TV for everyone to see is on the cards I feel. 

The game being on a Friday took a lot of my excitement away. Usually I love the Saturday start of the season feeling, but if we get trounced it will kill the buzz for the rest of the weekend. 

Just praying for an upset. I would snap your hand off for a bore-draw. 

39 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I watched James play In his last competitive game, it was the checkatrade trophy against Shef U u23s and reserves. He might look ok in some friendlies but King has played in the Prem and for Wales , James hasn't played competitive football for so long that throwing him in against Arsenal would be silly. In my opinion. I expect Shakes will see this the way I do. Feel free to say ' told you so ' if he doesn't. 

James played 17 full games in the championship for Barnsley last season you know.

With Alexis Sanchez and Gabriel certainly ruled out, Wenger also admitted that he had serious doubts over the likes of Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey and Per Mertesacker.

But in a boost to the Gunners, Ozil and Ramsey both took part in full training later that day and could feature against the Foxes at the Emirates.

Francis Coquelin and Jack Wilshere were also involved, although the later is not expected to in the squad on Friday. He could make his return to action for the Under-23s against Derby on Monday night.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

So the championship isn't competitive football... ok.

Bless. Someone's after a row. What I'm sayin is that turning out for Barnsley doesn't prepare him any better than playing in the Prem or for Wales. So in MY OPINION, King will probably start.  X

1 hour ago, Riot Van said:

I presume you missed him bossing the championship for the last half of the season with Barnsley then?

Meant for Leicester. Bossing the Champioship? I'd love to know how many Barnesley games you went to. 

Just now, ronnup said:

Meant for Leicester. Bossing the Champioship? I'd love to know how many Barnesley games you went to. 

Pretty much every Barnsley fan said he was too good to be playing for them so does that count?

1 hour ago, Riot Van said:

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

'Bossing' the Championship....this does tickle me.

He joined them and they were around 9th - they finished 14th.

James has hardly played for us for over a year so throwing him in against the likes of Coquelin, Xhaka and Cazorla when we have King available is also IMO not the right option. 

8 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

'Bossing' the Championship....this does tickle me.

He joined them and they were around 9th - they finished 14th.

James has hardly played for us for over a year so throwing him in against the likes of Coquelin, Xhaka and Cazorla when we have King available is also IMO not the right option. 

lollollol

Firstly, Cazorla and Coquelin are both injured so in reality we'll be coming up against Xhaka and Elneny who are hardly world beaters.

Just now, The Floyd said:

But the choice isn't between Xhaka and James. 

Didn't say it was. Just clearly pointing out my opinion that I think Xhaka is better then James when previous post says he's hardly a world beater.

I never mentioned that I thought any of Arsenal's players are world beaters just saying that I personally don't think throwing James in when we have King available is the right selection.

Archived