Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

2 hours ago, Almo-Fox said:

we have to play a 433 and giving them a difficult hour ( a draw is a priority ) and making change after 76 min 

for sure lacazette want to show that he is worth the money thrown upon him so no hurry in defense no leaving the positions no need for Fuchs or chilwell no play very high in the second half of the pitch 

a draw is a good result 

The problem with playing with no ambition/for a draw is that we probably won't last out the 90 mins without conceding. Against the Arse that's nailed on to come about 2 mins from the final whistle.

38 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Hopefully I can help bring LCFC some luck tonight - though I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wear my Keller shirt? ;) (We'll be surrounded by Arsenal fans no doubt, up in the gods opposite you lot/the away fans...)

just wear it, most the arsenal fans probably wont have a clue anywaylol

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

While you are happily ramming your opinion down everyone's throat and monopolising the thread...

In my opinion, you are wrong and couldn't be more wrong. I truly hope Craig doesn't agree with you and shudder to see that another person has actually agreed with you. 

Having said that, can we now move on to looking forward to the game instead of forcing an argument. 

The people who do not agree with you will not change their mind regardless.

After the last hundred years or so watching king, even 5 stormers in a row would be seen as an exception to the rule. I even remember Matt Oakley having one commanding game and scoring a thunderbolt but I has already chosen my victim (And chosen well imo)

PS. Far too much negativity/"realism" for this early in the season. I think we'll fvck em. (but then I've rarely thought otherwise) and if we don't it's on to the next one. They beat us twice and still finished 10 points behind us so this really is a bonus game. 

What a bizzare post, too many cider lollies sonny. Relax x

Sort of game where in the good old days you'd want one or two of the lads to "let them know you're there". Not really something that flies these days but it'd be good to see the likes of Fuchs and Maguire getting stuck in early on the pacey ones like Walcott and Chamberlain to make them think twice about bursting past later on. Hoping we can fight out a draw but a battling display in which we don't get rolled over would be nice.

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We have 2 CMs out and can still afford to play what most would think are our best 2, with the fifth choice in reserve. Not sure any club could set up better than this. Just very unlucky. How many cover players can you have for each position?

But they are different types of midfielders. 

Ideally we want box box to box players. I'd be surprised if Iborra had been signed to be this - I'm seeing him more of breaking up play and playing a holding role. 

Box to box quality players is what I would like to see at the club. For me, we don't have 3 of these we only have 2. So if 1 of those gets injured or both, I can't see us attacking teams as well as what we could with back up.

16 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

This is the same reason why I think we need to sign another central midfielder.

I think Iborra is a good signing but the idea of having him N'didi and DD all out worries me.

What? So we need 5 first choice centre midfielders in case the first 3 get injured? 

By that logic we need to sign about 10 new players to make sure we have 1st team standard cover in case our starting 11 all get injured.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What? So we need 5 first choice centre midfielders in case the first 3 get injured? 

By that logic we need to sign about 10 new players to make sure we have 1st team standard cover in case our starting 11 all get injured.

Exactly. I sometimes get the feeling that various folk want us to buy EVERY SINGLE PLAYER GOING.

I think the team will be below.. . i hope iheanacho and james play instead of shinji and king but my gut is the team below.

Kasper

simpson morgan maguire fuchs

mahrez king ndidi albrighton

okazaki vardy

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I think the team will be below.. . i hope iheanacho and james play instead of shinji and king but my gut is the team below.

Kasper

simpson morgan maguire fuchs

mahrez king ndidi albrighton

okazaki vardy

I expect this but with James instead of king. Think we're likely to ease nacho in from the bench given his lack of game time

Great chance of a win tonight with the 3 players they have missing, think it will be James & Ndidi in the middle, just hope Shakey starts with Iheanacho & Vardy with Mahrez setting them up..... :thumbup:

Up the City.... :scarf:

I am stuck in two minds as to how we should line up. Part of me hopes that we have learnt from last season and that we are open to changing our formation and style depending on the opposition. Too many times last season we were stubborn to change and we were embarrassed at the likes of United and Chelsea.

Another side of me hopes we go out and play to our strengths. Play our best players, which means Mahrez instead of Gray. James instead of King.  Start Iheanacho with Vardy. We will look more like scoring with that pairing, rather than Okazaki and Vardy.

I just fear we will be too negative. Invite too much pressure and offer very little in attack, resulting in high balls to Vardy with his back to goal.

We must be positive no matter what formation we play.

Love it when people pop up with random formations. It'll be 442, surely that we do know. 

Usual team I'd say with King for DD. Even with Kelechi fit I'd say we still need the 'box to box defensive striker'. Can't remember who described Shinji like that but it made me howl. 1-1

Archived