Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

Bloody ridiculous that we've gone from supposedly having one of the best physio/sports science teams around to constantly having players missing with minor injuries, or people falling over during a game and ending up being out all season. How long has Drinkwater had an injury now ffs?

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody ridiculous that we've gone from supposedly having one of the best physio/sports science teams around to constantly having players missing with minor injuries, or people falling over during a game and ending up being out all season. How long has Drinkwater had an injury now ffs?

Also Slimani being constantly injured. Mendy too. I worry for James now, he'll be next.

Iborra and Drinkwater are out so a James and Ndidi partnership it is.

James has done well preseason, but I do worry that a game versus Arsenal might be too high intensity for him. There will be a lot of chasing the ball in this game. I expected him to start anyway given his performance in the last friendly, but he will need replacing and I guess that means King coming on around 60 minutes in.

Thankfully Arsenal have big selection problems too

Arsenal will definitely be without Alexis Sanchez (abdominal), Laurent Koscielny (suspension) and Gabriel Paulista (knee).

Arsene Wenger also has doubts over Aaron Ramsey (muscular) and Per Mertesacker (head), while Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi are lacking match fitness. 

It's a good job we have strength in depth. 

Just goes to show that we really do need more midfield reinforcements. We been knocked back on Siguardson and elnini.

Wonder who else we're after, as that's one creative and one defensive midfielder we've targeted. It seems a bit random unless we want 2 more players.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I remember when we barely had injuries. Did we sack off the sports science team or something?

Didn't Ranieri knock off a good portion of the Sports Science team during the Glorious Revolution of late 2016?

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Mendy and huth are training judging by the training video which is a good sign, get them in the u see 23 for couple games and get them upto speed.

Yeah, CS said Huth is to play with the U23s on Monday and that he's way ahead of schedule. Looking good for the Maguire/Huth partnership.

13 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I know he's nothing special, especially in the Premier League, but Andy King is good enough as a 5th choice CM for us - he'll probably be on the bench anyway. No chance he deserves anything like the amount of negativity he gets.

Exactly this. You're not going to find a quality player who is happy to be fifth choice. Kingy is good enough to come in and do bits when necessary, and he's happy to do it. It's really sad how much people slate him. Remember, he did great things for us in League One and the Championship, and we wouldn't be here today without him. He deserves to be a part of the squad if he wants to be.

It just shows that we actually HAVE got good depth this season, that we can have both Drinkwater and Iborra out and still be happy to be starting with James and Ndidi. That's top-10 level depth.

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yeah, CS said Huth is to play with the U23s on Monday and that he's way ahead of schedule. Looking good for the Maguire/Huth partnership.

Thatd be fine for a season if they both stay fit. 

Guest CityFan 06

Expect to see: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs, Mahrez, Ndidi, James, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy.

Shame Iborra is out. Sanchez and maybe Ozil out for them is a big positive; however I still think playing 4-4-2 against these is a disaster waiting to happen. I just hope Arsenal rely on crossing the ball like they've done against us in the past, because it's worked in our favour before.

I would go with a midfield five, I would of started Iborra but I guess we have Amartey and King who can fill in for a game or two :mellow:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Fuchs

Mahrez - King - Ndidi - James - Albrighton

Vardy

Subs - Jakupovic, Chilwell, Amartey, Gray, Okazaki, Slimani, Iheanacho 

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I know he's nothing special, especially in the Premier League, but Andy King is good enough as a 5th choice CM for us - he'll probably be on the bench anyway. No chance he deserves anything like the amount of negativity he gets.

It's embarrassing imo and you're spot on.

You'd think he was Junior Lewis the way some on here carry on.

Archived