Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

3 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I know he's nothing special, especially in the Premier League, but Andy King is good enough as a 5th choice CM for us - he'll probably be on the bench anyway. No chance he deserves anything like the amount of negativity he gets.

He's muck. Non existent to the point where you forget he's even on the pitch. More sideway passes than Henderson. He was good in bygone days and in the lower leagues but let's be honest, when has another prem team even considered making a bid for King?

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What's their likely back four with all the injures?

They'll play a back 3 with wing backs.

Probably Mertesacker (not sure if he'll still be out), Holding and Monreal as the CBs, Oxlade Chamberlain (or Bellerin?) and Kolasinac as wing backs.

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody ridiculous that we've gone from supposedly having one of the best physio/sports science teams around to constantly having players missing with minor injuries, or people falling over during a game and ending up being out all season. How long has Drinkwater had an injury now ffs?

Didn't Ranieri sack a sports psychologist? I wonder if the 15/16 sports science team is in tact.

24 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

My He's muck. Non existent to the point where you forget he's even on the pitch. More sideway passes than Henderson. He was good in bygone days and in the lower leagues but let's be honest, when has another prem team even considered making a bid for King?

Not sure mate, I'm not Rudkin. The point is how do we know they haven't? I'm willing to wager that we don't get to know about even half of the offers made for our players. 

And again, I'd 100% agree with you if he was starting for us but he's not - HE'S 5TH CHOICE. Yes there's a reason for that, of course, in the premier league he isn't very good. But he's a loyal, humble member of a squad that is built on togetherness - he's going nowhere and I'm more than happy with that.

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

Not sure mate, I'm not Rudkin. The point is how to we know they haven't? I'm willing to wager that we don't get to know about even half of the offers made for our players. 

And again, I'd 100% agree with you if he was starting for us but he's not - HE'S 5TH CHOICE. Yes there's a reason for that, of course, in the premier league he isn't very good. But he's a loyal, humble member of a squad that is built on togetherness - he's going nowhere and I'm more than happy with that.

He's fifth choice in our eyes but unfortunately he seems to get on the field of play fairly regularly. In happy to have him in the squad as a nice man and to see him gurning once in a while but I just don't want to see him on the pitch for any real period of time. There's been a few occasions last season where we were chasing games and our magic idea was to bring King on. There's no worse sinking feeling than that. 

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's fifth choice in our eyes but unfortunately he seems to get on the field of play fairly regularly. In happy to have him in the squad as a nice man and to see him gurning once in a while but I just don't want to see him on the pitch for any real period of time. There's been a few occasions last season where we were chasing games and our magic idea was to bring King on. There's no worse sinking feeling than that. 

Fair play mate, just about sums up my feelings on the matter :thumbup:   

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

King's starting .... oh no

King and Amartey are starting .... oh no, oh no

King , Armartey and Ulloa are starting .......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

was dissapointed with our approach last April. Parking the bus and hoping for a 0-0. Really hope the last two games there have taught Craig that this tactic is likely to lead to a narrow defeat. however, I would be shocked to see us trying for anything other than the 0-0. kelechi isn't match ready so easy for Craig to leave him out and bring him on late if/when we are chasing the game. I expect 4-5-1 and a long evening. 

best time of the season to play arsenal away. Also as they're probably one of the more fragile teams mentally, there is the real potential to go bury them with pressure.

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

3rd league game away to them since May 2004 and all evening kickoffs I reckon.

The season where we won the league was a midday kickoff, I just remember having a day of football and it was the first of 3 games.

On Mahrez:

'If he doesn't stay professional then he won't train with the group,' Shakespeare added. 'We've spoken a couple of times now over last couple weeks - little reminders.'

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

On Mahrez:

'If he doesn't stay professional then he won't train with the group,' Shakespeare added. 'We've spoken a couple of times now over last couple weeks - little reminders.'

Where's that quote come from ? 

Archived