Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

First game of the season. Need to start in positive fashion. Go in with a strong mentality looking to get something from the game. Arsenal are nothing special at all as we have all seen in recent seasons. Always think our performances other than the title winning season have been lacklustre. Be nice to get a good result here for change. 

Can't wait to for the day and to get down there. 

Not looking forward so much to the performance. Can't see anything past a solid Arsenal win.

Not expecting to get a result but ya never know. Last night proved that we're capable of scoring goals from pretty much  nothing. Vardy's always on the move and we have players that can make those passes.

Shakey has some serious decisions to make all over the pitch. Who plays alongside Vardy? James, Iborra or Drinky? Albrighton or Gray?

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Yes ... not sure why he got so much game time in pre season

The flip side is that we have yet to receive an offer that will be excepted so looks like he's staying for now, and to be fair he has done ok in pre-season.

42 minutes ago, dayday said:

Now that Mahrez has come out and said he wants to leave, do we drop him and play Gray and plan life without him?

I'm a massive Fan of his but Yes we need to plan for life without him. start Gray and let Mahrez be the impact sub until he is sold or decides he wants to stay.

If there is a good time to play these it is the first game of the season when you don't know how good they are or whether there still finding form after the summer break!. we all know how Arsenal like to play and it is up to Skaky to find a way to beat these and get at them from the off. they don't like the physical game and we need to keep the pressure on them.

I think we would all like to see us go balls out 442 with a Vardy, Iheanacho, Mahrez, Gray, Ndidi and James front 6. Catch them off guard at the start of the season.

However, I think Shakey will play it cautious and go with Iborra as the third CM and Albrighton instead of Gray and Kelechi, leaving Ndidi with a bit of freedom to support Vardy.

A point is surely the target.

As others have said, right at the start of the season is as good as any time to play them. I think at least a draw, but hoping to sneak the win..

Albrighton and Vards (just to p155 off Wenger and the fans about his transfer policy)

We're in the changing room.  

Shakey, with a string of sausages around his neck, plays a VHS video of last season's opener at Hull.

Vardy crushes that 3rd can of Red Bull against his his after seeing all those chances he missed.  Gray, pouting in the corner, scratches his pink bits in anticipation of actually starting a game.  And Wes instructs Appleton to continue to manually rotate his portable jerked chicken rotisserie during the first half, for a half time snack.

We go out and spank them 4-1.

I dunno, I fear a thrashing

Almost every BMG attack in first half lead with a pretty clear chance on goal, it was as if Ndidi & James were non-existent, with Maguire out of position having crossed the halfway line & lack of sharpness from the other 3

2nd half was obviously different, but unless we start like that - we'll already be 3 or 4 down by the break

Archived