Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

I think he'll start with:

Kasper

Simpson Wes McGuire Fuchs

Gray James Ndidi Albrighton

Icheanacho Vardy

Ill be happy if I can remember how to spell Icheancho by the end of the season.

I've got a feeling Riyad will be benched for Dimi.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Gray

James

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Riyad and Nacho aren't exactly bad weapons to have on the bench, are they? (Of course I'd rather they started, but I don't see it)

The team picks itself for tomorrow which is a shame as it would be nice to have some options however this seems the Leicester way of late.

For some reason I'm feeling more confident as the game approaches. Think it'll all depend on how James plays in his first premier league have game ages. It's sink or swim for him.

16 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I've got a feeling Riyad will be benched for Dimi.

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Gray

James

Ndidi

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Riyad and Nacho aren't exactly bad weapons to have on the bench, are they? (Of course I'd rather they started, but I don't see it)

No chance Mahrez won't start. 

I originally thought we'd thought we'd need to flood the midfield a bit but with Iborra and Drinkwater out I see no point. First game of the season, away to Arsenal there is nothing to lose really. We should go there with iheanacho and Vardy up front and see what happens. 

I think the only selection choice is Okazaki or Iheanacho. Not sure about James and Ndidi as a two but I think that's what it will be. 

Whatever team we pick it's going to be a painful watch. It always is at Arsenal. Here's the checklist:

- Leicester have a man sent off for no apparent reason other than the home fans have been screeching at the ref to get his red card out all game.

- Vardy is booed every time he touches the ball.

- Okazaki runs around, falls over and comes off after an hour, at which point we actually look like we might score.

- Giroud feigns injury and cries like a baby as a teammate tells him that one of his hairs is out of place.

- We miss a golden chance to take the lead.

- We are denied a 'stonewall' penalty (that Wenger doesn't see).

- They get a non-existent penalty (that Wenger doesn't see).

- They score a lucky/controversial late winner.

- We curse and swear and hate Arsenal more than ever while consoling ourselves with the fact that they haven't been Champions of England for donkeys' years and WE HAVE!?

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spare a thought for me - I'm supervising a DofE expedition this week, and one of the kids - unsurprisingly the most arrogant and annoying one - is an Arsenal fan. Friday is the end of expedition meal, which means that I'll probably end up watching it with him.

it'll be good to hear some balanced opinions....lol

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spare a thought for me - I'm supervising a DofE expedition this week, and one of the kids - unsurprisingly the most arrogant and annoying one - is an Arsenal fan. Friday is the end of expedition meal, which means that I'll probably end up watching it with him.

Find him a nice ditch....

10 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

it'll be good to hear some balanced opinions....lol

This morning he's been banging on about how they're gonna smash us, about how Lacazette is gonna get a hat-trick.

Then I told him that Ozil, Ramsay and Sanchez are all injured and he shut up.

Hope Shakes will give the lads a good pep talk before the game. Let's try and be creative, don't hoof, get a point or maybe more, no reason to be afraid of the bottlers at Library. A pity Vince is out for this.

Comeeeeeeeeeeeonnnnnn LESTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR  :scarf::fc: 

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Think Shakey's selection against Gladbach speaks volumes personally, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

He just gave Gray a bit of game time, nothing else. On current form Mahrez is a starter. You won't let your best player on the bench against Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

The only selection issue is whether Okazaki starts or iheanacho. The rest of the team picks itself pretty much.

I tend to agree though I suppose Chilwell has an outside chance.  Doubt he'll start tomorrow but I do think he might be phased in this season. X

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The team picks itself for tomorrow which is a shame as it would be nice to have some options however this seems the Leicester way of late.

For some reason I'm feeling more confident as the game approaches. Think it'll all depend on how James plays in his first premier league have game ages. It's sink or swim for him.

It's a big season for him alright but 'sink or swim' is a bit harsh. Compared to the majority of Post-Pearson signings he has done well for us.

Walcott is always a problem for us. Someone needs to welcome him to the new season early in the game.

I just can't see Okazaki bringing anything that we haven't tried before. I'd prefer us to play with two wingers or wide players to stretch and get behind them. it also turns the opposition and gets them facing away from our Goal.

A tough starter but a lot will depend on how we line up and play. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Why is he less ready than King? He's probably played more minutes than King has since January.

I watched James play In his last competitive game for Leicester , it was the checkatrade trophy against Shef U u23s and reserves. He might look ok in some friendlies but King has played in the Prem and for Wales , James hasn't played competitive football for so long that throwing him in against Arsenal would be silly. In my opinion. I expect Shakes will see this the way I do. Feel free to say ' told you so ' if he doesn't. 

Archived