Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

16 minutes ago, ronnup said:

James could well and probably will offer lots more than King eventually, but at this stage if he goes in to his first Prem game In a very long time tomorrow and we get overrun in midfield it could hammer his confidence.

stopdigging.JPG

41 minutes ago, murphy said:

Random fact alert.

Tomorrow is our 132nd game v Arsenal which makes them the club we have played against the most times.

random fact - they're the away ground i've been to most times and are the team we've played least against most times - i've seen more dismal away games against Arsenal than anyone else - about time for a change  - come on you blues

3 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

'Bossing' the Championship....this does tickle me.

He joined them and they were around 9th - they finished 14th.

James has hardly played for us for over a year so throwing him in against the likes of Coquelin, Xhaka and Cazorla when we have King available is also IMO not the right option. 

Is throwing King in ever the right option regardless of who else is available. If King starts you can pretty much guarantee he will be invisible and have little impact on the game. I'd rather give James a go, he can't do any worse than King and might do significantly better?

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

King is stealing a living at this level.

Agree with you a lot weller54, but I detest this phrase - it's the presumption of knowledge of such a metric. Even if one can reasonably argue that King isn't the first cab off the rank, it isn't by accident that he gets retained, season after season. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Agree with you a lot weller54, but I detest this phrase - it's the presumption of knowledge of such a metric. Even if one can reasonably argue that King isn't the first cab off the rank, it isn't by accident that he gets retained, season after season. 

Sorry HighPeakFox...I agree that phrase isn't good.. I shouldn't have used it. 

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Clever- Lawrence does not put his foot in hardly ever makes a tackle.He will get some chances this year and has to take them

Sorry, I meant Chilwell when I said that. But you are right about Lawrence, He can get forward and down the wing while also offering a Goal threat. He will have to take his chances when they come because he has Gray also offering a similar option.

7 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

This is the same reason why I think we need to sign another central midfielder.

I think Iborra is a good signing but the idea of having him N'didi and DD all out worries me.

We have 2 CMs out and can still afford to play what most would think are our best 2, with the fifth choice in reserve. Not sure any club could set up better than this. Just very unlucky. How many cover players can you have for each position?

8 hours ago, ronnup said:

'For Leicester'. Sorry I didn't specify. 

Football at completely the wrong level. Managing to help Barnsley slide further down the table. IN MY OPINION that's not worthy of starting in front of King. At what point did I mention fitness? It's not about fitness. It's about being psychologically ready for what would be a massively different challenge. 

Dont get upset love, I really like him. I just don't think throwing him in against a brilliant three man Arsenal midfield after playing in a shite Barnsley team and some friendlies is a good idea. 

While you are happily ramming your opinion down everyone's throat and monopolising the thread...

In my opinion, you are wrong and couldn't be more wrong. I truly hope Craig doesn't agree with you and shudder to see that another person has actually agreed with you. 

Having said that, can we now move on to looking forward to the game instead of forcing an argument. 

The people who do not agree with you will not change their mind regardless.

After the last hundred years or so watching king, even 5 stormers in a row would be seen as an exception to the rule. I even remember Matt Oakley having one commanding game and scoring a thunderbolt but I has already chosen my victim (And chosen well imo)

PS. Far too much negativity/"realism" for this early in the season. I think we'll fvck em. (but then I've rarely thought otherwise) and if we don't it's on to the next one. They beat us twice and still finished 10 points behind us so this really is a bonus game. 

we have to play a 433 and giving them a difficult hour ( a draw is a priority ) and making change after 76 min 

for sure lacazette want to show that he is worth the money thrown upon him so no hurry in defense no leaving the positions no need for Fuchs or chilwell no play very high in the second half of the pitch 

a draw is a good result 

I hope Shaky starts Kelechi  and goes for it. If he has impressed in training as Morgan has reported he has to start. Would love to see us get a goal up on them early and frustrate them as the game goes on. James to start for me in midfield. NDidi will have to play well for us not to get over run in midfield. I could see Okazaki coming on for Kelechi for the final 20 minutes and doing a great job of breaking up play with us defending a lead. Let just hope we don't come out flat and get torn apart. 

Who really knows which Leicester is going to show up this season, just part of the rollercoaster ride of a LCFC fan ?

Archived