Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Arsenal.. Away: pre match thread...

1 minute ago, Izzet is God said:

Didn't say it was. Just clearly pointing out my opinion that I think Xhaka is better then James when previous post says he's hardly a world beater.

I never mentioned that I thought any of Arsenal's players are world beaters just saying that I personally don't think throwing James in when we have King available is the right selection.

But if you think Xhaka is better than King too then your point serves no purpose.

I couldn't disagree more re King > James but I guess time will be the arbiter!

57 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Bless. Someone's after a row. What I'm sayin is that turning out for Barnsley doesn't prepare him any better than playing in the Prem or for Wales. So in MY OPINION, King will probably start.  X

And someone just won't admit they were wrong about his "last competitive game". It's quite clear you had either forgotten he went on loan or just didn't know. That's fine, but don't then try and cover your tracks and make out you weren't on about his fitness.

He played about 150 minutes less than King last season and he only started playing in January. He's done a full pre season and looked good, on top of getting rave reviews during his loan spell. King has played bad football at a higher level and that's about it.

If you think King will start that's fine, but your original reasoning was just wrong as he had played more football than King since Jan.

i love the new signings - we now have a team built for attack and speed - i think the Leicester team and approach will surprise everyone at the start of this season - much more solid back line and cidfield and strength and pace upfront - vardy iheanacho ndidi gray all have fantastic skills and potential to be the very best - could be a great season  if they click

Keeping Schmeichel was fantastic

Maguire  should fit in really well and has already proven himself at this level

Albrighton really proved what he can do last year 

Iborra is a truly inspired signing and will ensure Leicester stay in the pl no matter what - probably the captain by the seasons end

Really looking forward to it

40 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

'Bossing' the Championship....this does tickle me.

He joined them and they were around 9th - they finished 14th.

Feel free to read the Barnsley boards if you wish, not a bad word said against him and they were raving about him.

I'm 95% confident James will start unless he picks up an injury, he's looked far better than King preseason. He has proved hit fitness for the best part of 8 months playing competitive football. James linked up well with N'didi when they played. I see no reason to not start him, because King is just rubbish. I'd rather take a small risk with James.

I think CS would have preferred to play with a 3 to protect everyone, with with DD and VI out I can't see him doing that now. If King was in his thinking I think he would have started against BMG, that was very close to our starting 11 barring Gray being given game time.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And someone just won't admit they were wrong about his "last competitive game". It's quite clear you had either forgotten he went on loan or just didn't know. That's fine, but don't then try and cover your tracks and make out you weren't on about his fitness.

He played about 150 minutes less than King last season and he only started playing in January. He's done a full pre season and looked good, on top of getting rave reviews during his loan spell. King has played bad football at a higher level and that's about it.

If you think King will start that's fine, but your original reasoning was just wrong as he had played more football than King since Jan.

'For Leicester'. Sorry I didn't specify. 

Football at completely the wrong level. Managing to help Barnsley slide further down the table. IN MY OPINION that's not worthy of starting in front of King. At what point did I mention fitness? It's not about fitness. It's about being psychologically ready for what would be a massively different challenge. 

Dont get upset love, I really like him. I just don't think throwing him in against a brilliant three man Arsenal midfield after playing in a shite Barnsley team and some friendlies is a good idea. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Feel free to read the Barnsley boards if you wish, not a bad word said against him and they were raving about him.

I'm 95% confident James will start unless he picks up an injury, he's looked far better than King preseason. He has proved hit fitness for the best part of 8 months playing competitive football. James linked up well with N'didi when they played. I see no reason to not start him, because King is just rubbish. I'd rather take a small risk with James.

I think CS would have preferred to play with a 3 to protect everyone, with with DD and VI out I can't see him doing that now. If King was in his thinking I think he would have started against BMG, that was very close to our starting 11 barring Gray being given game time.

I've read them - however, Barnsley (no disrespect) are hardly anywhere near to a Prem or even top Championship side. So I'd want one of our players (who is to be considered around our 1st team) to stand out in their team. The loan was obviously the correct call for all parties involved.

Fair play, CS is the manager - he can pick who he likes.

I'm purely saying James (IMO) hasn't played Prem football for a long time. King has. King also for me, is not a 'game changer' but he's had more experience in the Prem then James has.

I'd want Iborra and N'didi to start but sadly Iborra is injured. I also would like us to have signed a better central midfielder than what we currently have, but obviously our staff feel we don't need change in that area.

Just now, MPH said:

I think he will start with Vardy and Slim and  Kalechi will come off the bench to score for us 1-1 final score.

surprised Slimani is still here - he totally lost interest when mahrez wanted to go - i think he's a lot better than he showed last year - be nice to get a little payback 

Okazaki and Vardy to start gets my vote with  iheanacho coming on for the last half hour

i sincerely hope mahrez shows Arsenal how good he can be  - to me he's special - but too often not interested - but at his best - wow

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Glad we decided to play an unproven Kante instead of bags of Premier League and International experience King.

the best - loved watching every minute - i'll even watch chelsea this year just to enjoy seeing him play - can we sell the entire team to get him back - chelsea got the bargain of a lifetime

23 minutes ago, ronnup said:

'For Leicester'. Sorry I didn't specify. 

Football at completely the wrong level. Managing to help Barnsley slide further down the table. IN MY OPINION that's not worthy of starting in front of King. At what point did I mention fitness? It's not about fitness. It's about being psychologically ready for what would be a massively different challenge. 

Dont get upset love, I really like him. I just don't think throwing him in against a brilliant three man Arsenal midfield after playing in a shite Barnsley team and some friendlies is a good idea. 

It's quite clear you thought he hadn't played since that game, otherwise you wouldn't have even mentioned it and wouldn't have said he'd played competitive football for so long. You want to make out different now that's up to you.

You are free to have your opinion, stop making out people are not letting you. What people have pointed out is that you are wrong about him not playing competitive football, he has. Whether he starts or not, wasn't even the point of the replies. 

You think King will start, no worries. I think James will barring last minute injury because King is just shit and we'd get killed in the middle. We still might... but I'd rather have the physical presence of James.

Come on ronnup it's quite obvious James will start with Ndidi.

If you cannot see that, you must be completely blind. Shakey has kept faith with James in pre season and he's clearly been better than King. I forgot just because James last competitive game was for Barnsley that means he shouldn't start for us. That makes literally ZERO sense.

When Spurs signed Dele Alli from MK Dons, I'm sure there fans weren't thinking just because his last game was for a League 1 club, let's start someone else! Now look at him.

Your logic simply doesn't add or, nor make sense at all. If you look at the pure facts James has performed better than King in pre season therefore warrants the start.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sorry to say this, but Andy King starting for us, shows how shit our squad is.   He is a great servent but he is not good enough for the prem.  I feel ashamed and embarrassed, even thinking about him playing

James will start.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sorry to say this, but Andy King starting for us, shows how shit our squad is.   He is a great servent but he is not good enough for the prem.  I feel ashamed and embarrassed, even thinking about him playing

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

James will start.

This is the same reason why I think we need to sign another central midfielder.

I think Iborra is a good signing but the idea of having him N'didi and DD all out worries me.

5 hours ago, Hammo said:

Whatever team we pick it's going to be a painful watch. It always is at Arsenal. Here's the checklist:

- Leicester have a man sent off for no apparent reason other than the home fans have been screeching at the ref to get his red card out all game.

- Vardy is booed every time he touches the ball.

- Okazaki runs around, falls over and comes off after an hour, at which point we actually look like we might score.

- Giroud feigns injury and cries like a baby as a teammate tells him that one of his hairs is out of place.

- We miss a golden chance to take the lead.

- We are denied a 'stonewall' penalty (that Wenger doesn't see).

- They get a non-existent penalty (that Wenger doesn't see).

- They score a lucky/controversial late winner.

- We curse and swear and hate Arsenal more than ever while consoling ourselves with the fact that they haven't been Champions of England for donkeys' years and WE HAVE!?

You forgot about mahrez missing a penalty lol

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's quite clear you thought he hadn't played since that game, otherwise you wouldn't have even mentioned it and wouldn't have said he'd played competitive football for so long. You want to make out different now that's up to you.

You are free to have your opinion, stop making out people are not letting you. What people have pointed out is that you are wrong about him not playing competitive football, he has. Whether he starts or not, wasn't even the point of the replies. 

You think King will start, no worries. I think James will barring last minute injury because King is just shit and we'd get killed in the middle. We still might... but I'd rather have the physical presence of James.

Ok sweetie. You keep reading minds...no wonder you're so popular around here. X

Archived