Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

This means either Mahrez or Gray are off. Or both. Otherwise what's the point in spend that kind of money on a 3rd/4th choice winger.

This better be fake news.

Just now, Babylon said:

Ha ha ha... that is a joke isn't it?

no joke but what I'm saying is its not something we need no way close to mahrez and not better than gray IMO, townsend hasn't really done much in his career plague with injurys and couldn't get into spurs team when they were a 5th 6th prem club, only way id offer 28mill is if we paid 10 mill upfront and if he got 15 assists and 10 goals in the first season then would release funds of 18 mill to make it 28mill.

all in all be bad transfer to happen unless we get him for 10-15mill,

love to be proved wrong thou.

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

no joke but what I'm saying is its not something we need no way close to mahrez and not better than gray IMO, townsend hasn't really done much in his career plague with injurys and couldn't get into spurs team when they were a 5th 6th prem club, only way id offer 28mill is if we paid 10 mill upfront and if he got 15 assists and 10 goals in the first season then would release funds of 18 mill to make it 28mill.

all in all be bad transfer to happen unless we get him for 10-15mill,

love to be proved wrong thou.

The price quoted is a joke granted, but his stats are decent and he's done enough to play for England and always did well.

Lawrence had one good season at a lower level and no more.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The price quoted is a joke granted, but his stats are decent and he's done enough to play for England and always did well.

Lawrence had one good season at a lower level and no more.

Lawrence has plenty of time to improve and I truly believe with playing time 1 or 2 seasons he will be going for a big money transfer,

would also liked to have knockeart back over townsend but that wouldn't happen,

but like I said lets say he does sign I would still give him upmost support and would hope he would prove me wrong  

Townsend is nothing more than a decent PL journeyman. I know Draxler wouldn't come here but how can he be valued at £32m whilst Townsend is valued at £27m.

If we paid anything over £15m for Townsend it's just further evidence that we are inept with our scouting team. Surely with a £30m budget we can find a player in the world who is better and has more potential than Townsend? We all know what we're buying with Townsend, a decent PL player who will never be good enough to play for the top clubs.

Maybe we are doing the club a disservice?

By putting out false information that we are prepared to pay £27m for Andros Townsend it strengthens our valuation of Drinkwater, Slimani and Mahrez to anyone who thinks there's a bargain to be had at Leicester City this week?

It's either that or we really are idiots. 

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Maybe we are doing the club a disservice?

By putting out false information that we are prepared to pay £27m for Andros Townsend it strengthens our valuation of Drinkwater, Slimani and Mahrez to anyone who thinks there's a bargain to be had at Leicester City this week?

It's either that or we really are idiots. 

Rudders is not capable of something that clever lol. We are idiots aha

On 21/08/2017 at 13:34, 4everfox said:

Imagine replacing a former PFA player of the year (no matter how inconsistent he has become) with Andros f@*#ing Townsend. That's like going from a mixed grill to super noodles. 

We need to move forward not backwards and it would be a backwards step if we bought Townsend imo. 

5 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We need to move forward not backwards and it would be a backwards step if we bought Townsend imo. 

How do you move forward from Mahrez exactly? Signings like him, Kante and Vardy are rare gems.

He is far more likely to be a replacement for Musa in the squad anyway.

Archived