Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

He'd fit in well at a club like Derby or Stoke for example - clubs that are quite known in paying for over-priced players who don't perform at their best there.

Would be an underwhelming signing here if it happens, very hit-and-miss.

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Did I read that right? Are they referring to Mahrez as Moroccan?

He's technically part Moroccan.  Grandparent rule and that. A bit like Andy Kiing being Welsh. But I get what you mean.

3 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

£28m for Townsend.   Maybe this is the window where football finally looses the plot.

i'd rather keep the money and give Musa a chance

I'd be moderately confident that if we'd asked palace to give us Townsend in exchange for 28 million quid that Parish's  car would be in the car park within 2 hours with Townsend rolled up in a carpet in the boot ;)

I just wish the bloody transfer season would be over and done with... CLOSE it when the 1st game starts!!! However staying on topic ...

Andros Townsend .... Yes please !!!

Replacement for Mahrez.. hmm not sure on that one he doesnt have the same vision or even passing as Rihad and isnt as creative or deemed a play-maker. BUT he is a solid wide player and will run at people when needed.

IMO he would fit with us. Newcastle were gutted when they got relegated and lost him. 

On 27/08/2017 at 16:03, Gerard said:

I wouldn't take too much notice of that. 

There are a few Leicester fans who wouldn't take £80m for Drinkwater and think it's fine to pay £100m for Sigurdsson.

That's interesting. You've said before that the comments of fans who have watched a player is worth a hundred posts from Leicester fans on the thread. 

20 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Jonny Evans is good though. 

He's four years older, Townsend has only just turned 26.

Like all wingers he's inconsistent, but his stats aren't too shabby. Watching him at Newcastle and for England I thought he looked decent.

How much would we ask if someone wanted Gray or Albrighton? Realistically you are looking at the £25m mark +

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He's four years older, Townsend has only just turned 26.

Like all wingers he's inconsistent, but his stats aren't too shabby. Watching him

at Newcastle and for England I thought he looked decent.

People on here are complaining about Gray being greedy and having poor decision making. Wait til they see Townsend put balls into row Z and also have questionable decision making.

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

People on here are complaining about Gray being greedy and having poor decision making. Wait til they see Townsend put balls into row Z and also have questionable decision making.

Most wingers are the same at our level, yeah his shooting can be a bit off but I think people are being incredibly harsh on the bloke.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 08.32.04.png

Archived