Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How do you move forward from Mahrez exactly? Signings like him, Kante and Vardy are rare gems.

He is far more likely to be a replacement for Musa in the squad anyway.

I hope you're right. I just don't think we'd fork out tbat much on someone who will be 3rd or 4th choice like Musa is. If Townsend comes for that fee then I'm inclined to think he's a replacement for Mahrez unfortunately.

There are some Newcastle fans on Twitter who insist Townsend has a £14m release clause at Palsce. Newcastle were linked with him back in May/June.

I hope to god they're right and the Mirror is wrong.

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Thought Palace fans would snap our hands off for that money, but quite a few aren't happy. 

IMG_3434.PNG

I wouldn't take too much notice of that. 

There are a few Leicester fans who wouldn't take £80m for Drinkwater and think it's fine to pay £100m for Sigurdsson.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

There are some Newcastle fans on Twitter who insist Townsend has a £14m release clause at Palsce. Newcastle were linked with him back in May/June.

I can see Rudders on the phone now

Rudders - "We are interested in Andros Townsend"

Palace - "He has a 14 million pound release clause"

Rudders - "We will give you 27 million then"

Palace - "Make it 30 million and he's yours"

Rudders - "OK it's a deal".

5 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

I can see Rudders on the phone now

Rudders - "We are interested in Andros Townsend"

Palace - "He has a 14 million pound release clause"

Rudders - "We will give you 27 million then"

Palace - "Make it 30 million and he's yours"

Rudders - "OK it's a deal".

Ah, there's nothing like a good Rudkin joke.... and this is nothing like a good one... ;) 

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Ah, there's nothing like a good Rudkin joke.... and this is nothing like a good one... ;) 

Rudkin jokes are as old as a two ronnies routine.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

For 14 mill I would add him to the squad, but would go nowhere near the late 20's being quoted 

16 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Manchester City could finally get Alexis Sanchez transfer from Arsenal done — thanks to Andros Townsend

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-could-finally-alexis-11059473

If that's the deal then Rudkin needs to be picking up his P45.

Sorry but Andros Townsend is an addition to the squad not a replacement for a PFA player of the year.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

If that's the deal then Rudkin needs to be picking up his P45.

Sorry but Andros Townsend is an addition to the squad not a replacement for a PFA player of the year.

10000% agree.  If this scenario comes to fruition, surely heads must roll??  This outcome does not bare thinking about.

Someone needs to remind Shakey we've only ever been a force with a creative wide player. First it was Knockaert to get us going in the Championship then Mahrez took us to the next level.

I know it's Shakespeare's dream but replacing that with just hard work and graft like the rest of the team isn't going to work.

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Someone needs to remind Shakey we've only ever been a force with a creative wide player. First it was Knockaert to get us going in the Championship then Mahrez took us to the next level.

I know it's Shakespeare's dream but replacing that with just hard work and graft like the rest of the team isn't going to work.

I cannot emphasis this enough, with no creative source in central midfield or any other position it's essential our winger is a play maker. I fear for us this season if we lose Mahrez and co.

Archived