Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I want to view the game but often as not there still are idiots who still stand up in front of me. ask them to sit down and you get the neanderthal response from the kind of people who want to stand regardless.  

For me , the issue is around safety as well as enjoying the game more .

if I am seated in an area where everyone is sitting I will respect that  and sit also however despite people such as yourself asking me to stay seated , I can't help myself from standing up and cheering at various points throughout the game and if a goal is scored I will be out of my seat celebrating the goal.I am sorry but I can't help that moment . I feel this constant standing up and sitting down is dangerous and in fact after the Leeds game last year I had a bad cut down my shin from the celebrations after we scored and banging my leg on the seat in front of me .

i always try to get a seat in SK1 near the top so I can stand and sing which I find more comfortable but as I am not an ST holder I can't guarantee where I will be In the stadium , however after we equalised against Chelsea in the FA cup I found myself upside down on the floor as I had fallen over the chair behind me after we scored. Again an incident that would not have happened with safe standing .

Safe standing would eliminate the dangers of standing in seating areas .

Singing and cheering is always easier to do when standing up . Have you ever seen a choir singing while sitting down ? This means like minded people can freely stand together singing and improving the game atmosphere while people like your good self can sit in the stadium next to like minded fellow spectators and watch the game in the knowledge that no "idiot" is going to block your view .

Just now, oohaahmustafa said:

Lol I knew someone would have a negative opinion about this we have the most militant sit down fans in the league there was at least a quarter of the away end sat at Southampton, sigh. 

If people want to sit, let them sit? If they aren't moaning at you for standing or disrupting your viewing, why complain?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If people want to sit, let them sit? If they aren't moaning at you for standing or disrupting your viewing, why complain?

They can sit and did sit, I didn't stop anyone. Was merely and observation. Just wish we had a more boisterous away end were everyone stood and sang for the 90. S'all good tho, all Leicester aren't we. 

• Like 2

Good to hear the FA making positive noise, but they're still hedging their bets really.

The Football Association has lent its support to safe standing at football grounds in England if there is "clear evidence that satisfies authorities".

They want to come across like they're on the right side but are really just saying if the government decide to change legislation that they are ok with it. It's quite clever really, given the headline is that they support it. 

Good news in any case. It really is just a matter of time now. :scarf:

Safe standing...I've got it .in my own living room,..atmosphere "surround" with 5 channel support,with crowd up a notch higher.

Choose,my commentary and feed it in...

Cold beer,no queues..Own / home made balti pies, 

Though now I can hardly stand ( illness disabilitie) I can't go flying down the steps. Argue the toss with all and sundry while on foxestalk.

game-Streams turn to torrents,with the odd interuptions...no worse than some tossers jumping up and down in front of you,that you miss a few things.

Action replays sort that out....yup I am for safe standing..non slip carpets,and no wonkey table,spilling beer,not too far for a pss,

quick pop out on the terrace,turn over the delicacies on the barbi..standing safe!!    

Yup I support safe standing,I took time to act...fired up the barbi,put beer in fridge,anything missing...send the kids.

Winter games sorted..for atmosphere,open terrace listent to the rain,or let a few snow drops come through the window,

Balti pies from oven,and a nice chilli con carni stirred by loving wife,and still a cold beer from fridge...ah yes safe standing,

who can argue...Any relations visit,just like having a rumble with oppo fans,have a pop at the mum-in-law, carpet takes the impact.

idiots running on the field,we have gran-kids running in front of the tv...put them in playroom...time to act sorted..

Ah yes. "Safe-standing"  I'm all  for it.!!

• Haha 1

Never mind the standing and sitting issue what about a section for the love sick. A couple in front of me spent most of the game looking in each other's eyes, kissing and taking selfies waving  their phone clench hand in the air to get the best picture. The only time the guy showed any real interest was when Gray had his chance and he decided to stand up and block my view whilst dragging the girl up for another kiss.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

Never mind the standing and sitting issue what about a section for the love sick. A couple in front of me spent most of the game looking in each other's eyes, kissing and taking selfies waving  their phone clench hand in the air to get the best picture. The only time the guy showed any real interest was when Gray had his chance and he decided to stand up and block my view whilst dragging the girl up for another kiss.

Next time, stand up behind, drop the old man out and tap them on the shoulder, arms folded with a smile on your face.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Genuine post for those who aren't fully aware of what a safe standing area can bring, have a look at the Celtic fans in their corner right now, brilliant backing for their team.

Plus they fact they have an Ultras group and active support which is going from strength to strength.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...