Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

Drinks and Ndidi in midfield - Albrighton and Mahrez on the wings and Vardy Okazaki to start. I'd like to see Gray, James and Icheanacho get minutes ideally from the bench. Simpson Maguire Fuchs and one of Huth/Morgan at the back.

Go at them 442 and play them at counter football - and play a high line - none of this camped in our area like its the last 10 mins nonsense please.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Drinks and Ndidi in midfield - Albrighton and Mahrez on the wings and Vardy Okazaki to start. I'd like to see Gray, James and Icheanacho get minutes ideally from the bench. Simpson Maguire Fuchs and one of Huth/Morgan at the back.

Go at them 442 and play them at counter football - and play a high line - none of this camped in our area like its the last 10 mins nonsense please.

We don't have defenders capable of playing a high line, Lukaku and Rashford would have a field day.

4 minutes ago, Wookie said:

We don't have defenders capable of playing a high line, Lukaku and Rashford would have a field day.

I'm inclined to agree with you. If we let them get close to our goal they'll hammer us. By keeping them away from Goal we can play offside and hope they fall over the ball if they get through.              One thing is sure, If we use the same plan, as usual, we will get beat. We need to try something different and I think Shakey was experimenting also on Tuesday with a new formation.

So don't be surprised if we go with two up top today and maybe Slim in the hole. Or play two wide players and Slim in the middle.

The longer we can hang in there the better our chances of a result, as they'll start arguing among themselves.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. If we let them get close to our goal they'll hammer us. By keeping them away from Goal we can play offside and hope they fall over the ball if they get through.              One thing is sure, If we use the same plan, as usual, we will get beat. We need to try something different and I think Shakey was experimenting also on Tuesday with a new formation.

So don't be surprised if we go with two up top today and maybe Slim in the hole. Or play two wide players and Slim in the middle.

The longer we can hang in there the better our chances of a result, as they'll start arguing among themselves.

I hate how deep we play as it only invites too much pressure but by signing and having such immobile CBs we can only play that way.

It's also the reason we have to play with narrow, defensive fullbacks so Maguire, Huth and Morgan don't get dragged out wide and isolated.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I'd thake an injyred Htuh over both of them.

He'll be in if he's fit unless we're hiding him from Chelsea until the transfer period is over.

Way to put your own team down.

Today is the day that Leicester show the Prem they are title contenders again.

Didn't mean to. I was referring to away games as I know it will be tough for any team to beat them at home.

15 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I hate how deep we play as it only invites too much pressure but by signing and having such immobile CBs we can only play that way.

It's also the reason we have to play with narrow, defensive fullbacks so Maguire, Huth and Morgan don't get dragged out wide and isolated.

Spot on about our defense. But we're on to a hiding to nothing anyway, They're just so physically powerful. so we might as well try something different.

If you can't up your game when facing smug JM and Man Utd

You don't deserve to be wearing the shirt  

image.png.8fe4070c1a961fee905fd8028aa5173a.png

I'd be happy if we put up a good fight but I fear our defence may be run ragged

Draw and I'd be happy........ Win and I'm getting drunk   :beer:

Ps: I'd also be happy if Smalling comes home with us

31 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think the Man United forwards might just be to fathom out a slow paraplegic Leicester high line. The battle will be in midfield. If it comes down to a tactical battle of wits between Mourhino and Shakespeare,  I fear Mourhinio will be fighting against an unarmed man.

I  suspect Shakespeare will field the usual 442 with Ndidi and James in midfield. I like and rate both players but against a  3 of Pogba, Matic and Mata for example I don't fancy the match up. 

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Gone for a draw on superbru, think we will put in a top performance today and could possibly nick it!

Never take off those specs buddy   :thumbup:

Optimism

1. a tendency to look on the more favorable side or to expect the most favorable outcome of events or conditions.
2. the belief that good will ultimately triumph over evil and that virtue will be rewarded.
3. the doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the Man United forwards might just be to fathom out a slow paraplegic Leicester high line. The battle will be in midfield. If it comes down to a tactical battle of wits between Mourhino and Shakespeare,  I fear Mourhinio will be fighting against an unarmed man.

I  suspect Shakespeare will field the usual 442 with Ndidi and James in midfield. I like and rate both players but against a  3 of Pogba, Matic and Mata for example I don't fancy the match up. 

This is a total mismatch in physical presence and to make things worse the two physical players we have are Huth and Morgan, and both missing. No matter how we go about it I just can't see us winning. But we are Leicester after all, We have a history of major upsets when we weren't expected to get a result. Hopefully, we can cause another upset.

10 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Never take off those specs buddy   :thumbup:

Optimism

1. a tendency to look on the more favorable side or to expect the most favorable outcome of events or conditions.
2. the belief that good will ultimately triumph over evil and that virtue will be rewarded.
3. the doctrine that the existing world is the best of all possible worlds.

Ha ha ha, that is my mantra bud lol

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

If you can't up your game when facing smug JM and Man Utd

You don't deserve to be wearing the shirt  

image.png.8fe4070c1a961fee905fd8028aa5173a.png

I'd be happy if we put up a good fight but I fear our defence may be run ragged

Draw and I'md be happy getting drunk........ Win and I'm getting drunk   :beer:

Ps: I'd also be happy if Smalling comes home with us

Lose and I'm getting drunk too.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

The Mrs wants me to bet on Utd because 'if we lose money it means Leicester have done great.' 

Idiot or genius? 

It would take some of the sting out of losing, but if we win you're out cash you'd still have (and be less happy for it, perhaps) if you didn't.

Archived