Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

4 hours ago, the fox said:

I watched man united this season and I have to say, there is nothing to over-hype.

This united team is the best team I have seen in some time (in the PL), elite keeper and midfield and a very good modern defence. But the worst of all is lukaku, I can't remember the last time I saw a striker this physically gifted in my life, the closest pro athlete I can think of is lebron James, a freight train of a player, when he is bullying 6'3" center-backs and outrunning fullbacks, you know its bad news. One of the very few players in this market that I think are worth their price tag.

The Chelsea of last season weren't much worse than Man United this season. I'd say man for man they were on par with each other.

43 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

The Chelsea of last season weren't much worse than Man United this season. I'd say man for man they were on par with each other.

I would take this united over last year's Chelsea, what I like about united is that you can't pinpoint weak spots, solid all around team, with 4-5 players than can score and create.

We've  certainly come a long way from spending a few hours in the team coach on a busy motorways  and crappy side roads traveling to away fixtures , Now Leicester City  take a 15 minute flight to Manchester this surely benefits the team not being stuck on a coach for God knows how long but who would've thought little Leicester City chartering a private jet to take them to a premier league fixture a few years back ?

Our great club certainly has come a hell of a long way in the last 5 years, but now hoping we can keep our squad together and add some more quality to the squad in defence and midfield places and with Iborra and iheanacho on the verge of full fitness this would surely benefit us in the coming season ?

But who knows where we could finish next May is anyone else getting the same feeling as the title winning season not saying we're going to win the league again but certainly a possibility of a Champions if not europa league spot ??

But holding back the euphoria I'm thinking a 3-3 draw for this one but I'd take a cheeky one niller over Manure any day !!

2 hours ago, the fox said:

worst of all is lukaku, I can't remember the last time I saw a striker this physically gifted in my life, the closest pro athlete I can think of is lebron James, a freight train of a player, when he is bullying 6'3" center-backs and outrunning fullbacks, you know its bad news.

Every game I watch Lukaku I think LeBron -- and that comes from watching LBJ down the "Q" a few dozen times.  It's a visceral reaction.  These guys are physically unlike other athletes.

I don't think Lukaku has the football equivalent of LBJ's hard-wired "basketball brain" -- the gift of seeing a few moves ahead and either finishing or making the perfect pass -- so not a similarly best-of-his-generation, all-round talent.  Small consolation I'm sure, if that train is bearing down on you.

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Every game I watch Lukaku I think LeBron -- and that comes from watching LBJ down the "Q" a few dozen times.  It's a visceral reaction.  These guys are physically unlike other athletes.

I don't think Lukaku has the football equivalent of LBJ's hard-wired "basketball brain" -- the gift of seeing a few moves ahead and either finishing or making the perfect pass -- so not a similarly best-of-his-generation, all-round talent.  Small consolation I'm sure, if that train is bearing down on you.

Lebron's BBIQ is elite, he is probably the goat passer of his size and top 5 all time, lukaku isn't there.

What they share is the average handles/ball control (even though lebron improved a lot) but just the ability to bulldoze past players with pure strength is just so breath taking, a man that size shouldn't be doing those thing.

Its a shame that lebron didn't have the killer instinct of a Kobe or a MJ, he would've been the goat, angry lebron still gives Celtic fans nightmares lollollollol , that lebron was some scary stuff

M_LTzOBMVimi72c4rCJN6kuWvkxUwoja-qTF-pm_

6 hours ago, the fox said:

I watched man united this season and I have to say, there is nothing to over-hype.

This united team is the best team I have seen in some time (in the PL), elite keeper and midfield and a very good modern defence. But the worst of all is lukaku, I can't remember the last time I saw a striker this physically gifted in my life, the closest pro athlete I can think of is lebron James, a freight train of a player, when he is bullying 6'3" center-backs and outrunning fullbacks, you know its bad news. One of the very few players in this market that I think are worth their price tag.

I disagree, Their squad hasn't changed that much since last season when they were a very underwhelming 6th. It's going to take a bit more than battering 2 hopeless teams to convince me they're title challengers.

Lukaku is a great signing though, that will make a difference. But they are not a great side.

I still think we'll get beaten easily tomorrow mind you, we can't defend for shit and have big players missing.

If it was me I'd be tempted go with a 3-5-2 tomorrow. Mahrez behind the strikers , Albrighton and Gray/Fuchs as the wing backs and James and Ndidi deeper. We can't control the game with 2 in the middle against these better teams without someone like Kante there to win the ball. The game passed James by at Arsenal and even a little bit against Brighton. He's a good all round player but he isn't imposing himself on the game enough.

Considering we've got a well known tactic of forcing the opposition out wide and letting them cross the ball I'm not sure we'll really miss the full backs much.

The problem is, the wing backs can't afford to get pushed too deep, they have got to get up and support or the strikers will be isolated.

13 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Not safe to assume anything concerning Amertey. Shakey closes his eyes, spins around a few times, points to a position on the pitch, and thats where Amertey will be brought on

I was wondering why Amarety was playing RW on Tuesday and then I remembered he switched numbers with Musa:ph34r:

Archived