Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

Won't be easy, if the first couple of matches of the season are any judge. Mourinho seems to have shored up the defence and going forward they look formidable.

That being said...we came within a few minutes of turning Arsenal over on their home patch so why not have a similar opportunity here, too?

I think we go into this game with nothing to lose. By that I mean no one will expect us to get anything from it, so we shouldn't be afraid to take it to them like we did against Arsenal.

In reality I just think United have found their flow, they've got a perfect balance of fluid attacking movement along with protection of the back 4 thanks to the very impressive Magic. Pogba and Lukaku will be chomping at the bit too.

I can see a 3-1 win for Man U. Vardy goal.

The sheer pace and power they have is quite scary, it's going to be as tough a game as we've played since we've been back in the PL. Very worried by set pieces. Just fancy we might nick something on the counter, Swansea showed a couple of times they can be got at.

Don't suppose Iborra has much chance of making it, does he? His height and strength would be very useful. 

Think I'd rather:

Simpson - Amartey-Maguire-Fuchs 

than

Simpson-Maguire-Fuchs-Chilwell

if Wes isn't fit. Chilwell was done by their winger tonight a few too many times. Good going forward but against these we need to be defensively solid. Granted there a question marks on that front over Amartey, but between two responsible defenders in Simpson and Maguire he's got a better chance than Chilwell of standing up to Man Utd.

It is going to be difficult for us. I expect Wes to get wheeled out to play with Maguire at CB. Hopefully after that a new man will be in. If we can concentrate at not get sloppy like we did at the Arsenal, we have a chance of getting something. I certainly think we will score. I'm not convinced in their defence. It depends how we defend however. 

If we get a result out of this game I will be very surprised. We dont have much luck at Old Trafford anyway let alone with a back line not at full strength against one of the best strikers in the league.I

I think we'll score but probably lose by 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

If we get a result out of this game I will be very surprised. We dont have much luck at Old Trafford anyway let alone with a back line not at full strength against one of the best strikers in the league.I

I think we'll score but probably lose by 2 or 3.

Gotta agree with you I'm afraid :(

We need to play a faultless counter attack to have any chance but I think we're capable. They've looked good for the first two games but still don't look convincing at the back. 

Matic v Okazaki will be crucial because of the protection that Matic gives them. If we have Okazaki occupy him when we're going forward it will be a lot easier for Vardy and Mahrez.

Chilwell needs a solid game against some of the best attackers in the league as so far he's shown to be an absolute liability defensively. I know there's a great player in the making so it's got to start somewhere. 

I'd rather we have Amartey in there though and Fuchs up against Mhkitaryian , Man Utd right now are ruthless. 

Gray looked good tonight as did Slimani but I can't see Shakespeare starting either if we've everyone available from Saturday but they deserve some minutes.

It would be nice if Iborra or Drinkwater could be back too and Iheanacho as an option as his record vs Utd is interesting.

Same starting XI as Brighton.

It's hard to see us get anything from this with the power they have. I'd take a point right now.

I have noticed that our ability to hold the ball and pass between each other is much improved. even tonight our inter-passing was mostly very good.

I suspect this is down to Appleton. long may it continue.

What bothers me about Manchester Utd is that the majority of their momentum and goals appear to come in the last 10 minutes...

We could be 3 up and I'd fear for us in this situation on current form, levels of concentration, tiredness and Shakey's let them come at us substitution habits!

Archived