Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

wow if maguire is out and we have not got another proven centre back in what a disaster that would be.

Madness isn't it. I just don't understand how we've not got another CB in alongside Maguire yet. 2 in; early in the window should have been the minimum requirement. 

Nice to see a bit of enlightened gay debate going on again For a while I thought it was off limits .

Did I hear correctly yesterday that Charlton had an official LGBT(?) team attached to the club and were urging all others to do the same playing friendly matches with each other. 

Not looking forward to this....a point and I will be ecstatic....a narrow defeat would t be too hard to take considering their blistering start....I do hate them, mainly because of their fake shitty fans...their proper fans are top people, but those shits who could only dream of going on a tour one day piss me off.... 1-2 Kalechi in the 90th....

45 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Nice to see a bit of enlightened gay debate going on again For a while I thought it was off limits .

Did I hear correctly yesterday that Charlton had an official LGBT(?) team attached to the club and were urging all others to do the same playing friendly matches with each other. 

Shakes head in dismay. Maybe we should also have an official ethnic minorities team, non-ambulant team, clinically depressed team, dwarfism team, cancer-ridden team - indeed maybe an official partner team for

any other much maligned section of society? I hope I don't have an "ism" anywhere in my head, but am I the only one who finds this kind of thing patronising, backward-looking and counter-productive? If I am, apologies for the rant. 

6 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Shakes head in dismay. Maybe we should also have an official ethnic minorities team, non-ambulant team, clinically depressed team, dwarfism team, cancer-ridden team - indeed maybe an official partner team for

any other much maligned section of society? I hope I don't have an "ism" anywhere in my head, but am I the only one who finds this kind of thing patronising, backward-looking and counter-productive? If I am, apologies for the rant. 

Please don't, I'll go off on a rant too trying to argue with you and no one wants that.  Dullard isn't the word, I'm a fvcking cretin. X

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Please don't, I'll go off on a rant too trying to argue with you and no one wants that.  Dullard isn't the word, I'm a fvcking cretin. X

Haha. Depends what you think we'd be arguing about? The aim

of

the project is beyond question. Prejudice of any kind belongs in the pages of history. It's time has been and gone.  But the methodology for trying to consign it to history - the partnership team idea - just leaves me cold. Slightly embarrassed, too. But you're right, probably a pointless debate ?

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Haha. Depends what you think we'd be arguing about? The aim

of

the project is beyond question. Prejudice of any kind belongs in the pages of history. It's time has been and gone.  But the methodology for trying to consign it to history - the partnership team idea - just leaves me cold. Slightly embarrassed, too. But you're right, probably a pointless debate ?

Sadly, prejudice is alive & kicking - but I have sympathy with what I think you're objecting to, which is corporate/official 'rightness', but don't ask me to come up with a better solution, because I don't have the brains for that.

Since the 5-3 a few seasons ago, they have a special mindset when they play us and there is no way they will take us lightly, despite their start to the season. Their fans will but the team won't. Add to that mourinho will be delighted to beat us  (note he didn't have his CR tribute training top at his presser today) and he can see nothing apart from a convincing defeat 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

The year we won the league Man City started in explosive form - ended up nowhere near the title.

People are hyping Man United too much off 2 games.

I agree and said the same statement myself, but we play tomorrow and they currently look quality. If they are still playing like that in 2 months time makes zero bit of diffrence to us.

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The year we won the league Man City started in explosive form - ended up nowhere near the title.

I've said the same thing. Manchester City kept about 6 consecutive clean sheets early in that season too.

Two 4-0 wins are superb but they've beaten too poor sides. I'm not saying we're any better, and I do think we'll get beat tomorrow, but we'll see what happens when they face a similar side.

37 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I watched man united this season and I have to say, there is nothing to over-hype.

This united team is the best team I have seen in some time (in the PL), elite keeper and midfield and a very good modern defence. But the worst of all is lukaku, I can't remember the last time I saw a striker this physically gifted in my life, the closest pro athlete I can think of is lebron James, a freight train of a player, when he is bullying 6'3" center-backs and outrunning fullbacks, you know its bad news. One of the very few players in this market that I think are worth their price tag.

Archived