Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We've  certainly come a long way from spending a few hours in the team coach on a busy motorways  and crappy side roads traveling to away fixtures , Now Leicester City  take a 15 minute flight to Manchester this surely benefits the team not being stuck on a coach for God knows how long but who would've thought little Leicester City chartering a private jet to take them to a premier league fixture a few years back ?

Our great club certainly has come a hell of a long way in the last 5 years, but now hoping we can keep our squad together and add some more quality to the squad in defence and midfield places and with Iborra and iheanacho on the verge of full fitness this would surely benefit us in the coming season ?

But who knows where we could finish next May is anyone else getting the same feeling as the title winning season not saying we're going to win the league again but certainly a possibility of a Champions if not europa league spot ??

But holding back the euphoria I'm thinking a 3-3 draw for this one but I'd take a cheeky one niller over Manure any day !!

This mean we are going to park the plane instead of the bus? Brilliant thinking by Shaky.

Mourinho will go ballistic that we've outthought him tactically. ;)

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This mean we are going to park the plane instead of the bus? Brilliant thinking by Shaky.

Mourinho will go ballistic that we've outthought him tactically. ;)

We're in trouble if they just play it along the deck.

13 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Not looking forward to this....a point and I will be ecstatic....a narrow defeat would t be too hard to take considering their blistering start....I do hate them, mainly because of their fake shitty fans...their proper fans are top people, but those shits who could only dream of going on a tour one day piss me off.... 1-2 Kalechi in the 90th....

Thanks to an incredibly favorable schedule (same with their Europa League last season).They won't meet any serious competition until they travel to Liverpool on... Oct 14th!

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I disagree, Their squad hasn't changed that much since last season when they were a very underwhelming 6th. It's going to take a bit more than battering 2 hopeless teams to convince me they're title challengers.

Lukaku is a great signing though, that will make a difference. But they are not a great side.

I still think we'll get beaten easily tomorrow mind you, we can't defend for shit and have big players missing.

Spot on!

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Mendy won't be starting. We're going to get smashed. Run for the hills. Agghhhhhh. 

2-1 to us. It is written in the cobalt blue ink of a child's chemistry set. 

lol At your last sentence. I'm a believer.

I'm intersted to see how much Shakespeare lies about Morgan being involved.

If Morgan starts and has a good game we're in with a chance. But I don't fancy a makeshift defence against Lukaku.

Set plays will ultimately let us down...title winning season we feared no one, since last seasons stumbles I think we've developed a soft underbelly again....As many have said United still aren't a great side...the fact they were beaten comfortably by a Real Madrid side that had only resumed training two weeks prior to the game shows that...

We will roll over for them though, Arsenal just proved we're so open when we attack....a CB is a must before the window closes, above all else.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

lol At your last sentence. I'm a believer.

I'm intersted to see how much Shakespeare lies about Morgan being involved.

If Morgan starts and has a good game we're in with a chance. But I don't fancy a makeshift defence against Lukaku.

Prior to last season wes and lukaku had excellent physical battles where wes came out on top. 

Last season was different and I expect lukaku realised that where he comes across a 'big ugly fu*ker' he needs to adjust his game rather than get involved in a fight with them. jose will have reminded him of this and I'm not keen on the meeting later today. We know lukaku has great pace and we know harry doesn't and wes won't be quick off the mark after his back problems. Jose will have it sussed I'm afraid. I hope we have tactics to nullify that issue. 

On 24/08/2017 at 23:05, NewEnglandFox said:

I'd take Fuchs over Morgan at CB considering the woes the latter's had with Lukaku. 5 in his last 5 against us.

I'd thake an injyred Htuh over both of them.

On 25/08/2017 at 07:58, StriderHiryu said:

Drinkwater is back in full training so expect to see him restored to the first team if fit enough.

He'll be in if he's fit unless we're hiding him from Chelsea until the transfer period is over.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Thanks to an incredibly favorable schedule (same with their Europa League last season).They won't meet any serious competition until they travel to Liverpool on... Oct 14th!

Way to put your own team down.

Today is the day that Leicester show the Prem they are title contenders again.

52 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'd thake an injyred Htuh over both of them.

He'll be in if he's fit unless we're hiding him from Chelsea until the transfer period is over.

Way to put your own team down.

Today is the day that Leicester show the Prem they are title contenders again.

Surely it's the opposite - if he is involved we are not close to selling him 

its very easy to give him another game off pre break without making it look odd with him having trained so little.

Don't think we should sit back for this one. Swansea had 10 men behind the ball, but were still cut open.

We should press them high, force them to go long so we can win second balls/knock downs and counter. Is Drinkwater back? Him and Ndidi assisting Okazaki/Vardy in the press would be ideal.

13 hours ago, Mayofox said:

You are correct, BT Sport 1.  Sadly don't have this at home, so will be forced to watch the match in the pub.

This is really bad news libertys great Yarmouth 50p off all pints till the home team score. Think I'll order five pints straight off lollol 

No idea what the game plan today will be. Our defence isn't good enough to sit back and Shakespeare wont change the formation. Lukaku will probably destroy Wes today. Simpson and Fuchs stand off players too much and their wingers will be able to put in dangerous crosses for Lukaku the whole match. 

If we get an early goal from a set piece or something I could see us getting something. I just hope we don't end up leaving Vardy isolated and having 1 shot on goal in the whole game.

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No idea what the game plan today will be. Our defence isn't good enough to sit back and Shakespeare wont change the formation. Lukaku will probably destroy Wes today. Simpson and Fuchs stand off players too much and their wingers will be able to put in dangerous crosses for Lukaku the whole match. 

If we get an early goal from a set piece or something I could see us getting something. I just hope we don't end up leaving Vardy isolated and having 1 shot on goal in the whole game.

On a plus Jose says he knows how we play. I seem to remember LVG saying similar just before we spanked them. Yes that was at the KP but perhaps today is going to be our day at OT :)

Archived