Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah no worries, if you wouldn't mind just signing here to invest in Owen's new waffle house in St Martins, Maro's Bubble Tea stand in the High Cross and Mako's new pub in Woodhouse Eaves. 

About £5m each should cover it. 

Well I did go to the opening night of a certain couple of Tigers players Italian restaurant opening in Market Harborough a few years back. Sat on the table next to Sven & Derek Faz. We all got pizza with a cheese rugby ball on top that you smashed up and ate with it. There was a magician going table to table and everything. (It was so cool) I feel after paying for that meal for me and the Mrs that I’ve probably risked enough of my cash and associated worry of sending my beloved Tigers over the salary cap threshold.

On 22/01/2020 at 23:36, Realjimbo said:

Smurph will still select the team but I don't think selection has been the problem, its recruitment, tactics and training IMHO, Borthwick can and will address the latter two and if Toms can keep his nose out of the first I think this could be a turning point.

I agree. When I watch Tigers they look very poorly coached and generally disorganised. Borthwick will be the guy on the training ground working closely with the players and other coaches and making sure that we're well organised. That in itself I think will make a significant difference. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, deejdeej said:

It's crazy how bad Tigers have become.

Just a few years ago,this was a Rugby Club 2nd to none,since its initiation...wheres it all gone...??..!!

What have they done to the club,I loved so well..!!

My heart pumped , 1St for the Tigers, than the foxes.

I Never joined in this Ping-pong of dislike or even spiteful banter,between the two sports,like some empty-clothheads,

both are Great Team ,fan sporting spectacles...

I have been proud to wear,the Swifts & Tiger shirts,when Crossing the white line,unfortunately injuries cut Short my Rugby & Athletics career,before they

Really got started...They did however afford me,the chance to Meet some Great Sporting personalities,and at the time received some marvellous encoragement,from wider fields,of sport und life...

There is no denying,the Unique Platform of Sharing  that Football gives worldwide...But Rugby and Athletics,no matter how competitive,

that togetherness & Sharing seems so much closer,on and off the various fields,crossing and interfacing with the various echelons & peer-levels,through the various Sports and society,and that from grassroots-level.

• Like 1

I have no idea who he is, I don’t follow rugby to be honest, my mate at work who does pointed me to it knowing I’m from Leicester - but has anybody seen that massive Fijian’s try record? The bloke they’ve signed for next year? Something mental like 77 in 82 games in all competitions for Montpellier. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Don’t really get this attitude Bert - if you don’t like Rugby fair enough. Perhaps just stay out the thread rather than troll it?

Why? I’m not trolling. I don’t like them. 

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Idiot Trolling..!!

Well not trolling, just being honest. 

So if someone says in the NFL thread they don’t like a team and it’s great to see them not doing well, that’s not allowed either? 

Just now, Bert said:

So if someone says in the NFL thread they don’t like a team and it’s great to see them not doing well, that’s not allowed either? 

No..!!

One reason I am in favour of the return of Capital punishment..in my kind moments,The Birch will be acceptable...:yesyes:

11 hours ago, Bert said:

You’ve come into a thread solely for the purpose of adding a negative comment about a sport you don’t like and a team you don’t like where people from the same city as you and supporters of the same club as you also follow and discuss the team and the sport to stamp some gravel in the wound and revel in the fact that one of their best players is leaving and the club has sunk to the bottom of the table?

Yeah that doesn’t sound like trolling to me either. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

You’ve come into a thread solely for the purpose of adding a negative comment about a sport you don’t like and a team you don’t like where people from the same city as you and supporters of the same club as you also follow and discuss the team and the sport to stamp some gravel in the wound and revel in the fact that one of their best players is leaving and the club has sunk to the bottom of the table?

Yeah that doesn’t sound like trolling to me either. 

When have I said I don’t like rugby?

The initial comment was well before May was announced he was leaving. 

Just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean I can’t or shouldn’t comment. This is an Internet forum where people are free to express their opinions, thoughts and other musings. 

Plenty of people have slagged off the players that play for our club in this thread or said they don’t like them. It’s no different. No need to get your knickers in a twist.