Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

All blacks are going to feckin beat us here aren't they? They are like a peak Germany in football, the match isnt over until the final whistle or after 80 if you are ahead by 8pts.

Flipside is that there are a lot of positives to take from this despite NZ handling errors earlier which helped us.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw, wasnt worth a new thread and cba finding an old one...

You hijack what you want fella..!!!   Bloody marvellous Irish performance..forgetting all the Way through...

This Time no last Minute tears...Every Irish Player an 9 or 10.   That was AutumsInternational Rugby at its best....I

I am English...( With an eigght of Irish in me)...Lowe became a Rugby man tonight...Landmark result...Emotion for the Irish..!!

Happy an Happy Night for the Emerald Island tonight..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I think they shouldwould be able to hook a big one to replace him though. Pollard, Simmonds or Lozowski all spring to mind.

i wonder if Smith is open to a move :ph34r: i know i know :D
I'm in 2 minds about having a ready made experienced replacement or a young up & comer as we have the old heads of Burns & Hegarty, maybe Jacob Umaga would like to return home or his team mate Charlie Atkinson as they fighting each other for a regular start.
Simmonds is a gr8 shout & i know money talks but see him as a 1 club man, boyhood club & all that.

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

i wonder if Smith is open to a move :ph34r: i know i know :D
I'm in 2 minds about having a ready made experienced replacement or a young up & comer as we have the old heads of Burns & Hegarty, maybe Jacob Umaga would like to return home or his team mate Charlie Atkinson as they fighting each other for a regular start.
Simmonds is a gr8 shout & i know money talks but see him as a 1 club man, boyhood club & all that.

At least the club is in a good place now unlike it was 14 months ago. People will look at Tigers now and see the improvements that have been made and have a reason to want to join for playing reasons, as well as the history and the supporter base. It's much easier to attract players when you're in a position of strength. 

• Like 2

As much as I don’t like the Tigers, they’re the biggest club in rugby union with the best stadium and decent training facilities. Looking like they’re gonna have a successful season so I can’t see them having a problem of getting a decent fly half in especially as they’ll probably be back in the Heineken (I know it’s probably not called that anymore) 

On 17/11/2021 at 19:06, Bert said:

As much as I don’t like the Tigers, they’re the biggest club in rugby union with the best stadium and decent training facilities. Looking like they’re gonna have a successful season so I can’t see them having a problem of getting a decent fly half in especially as they’ll probably be back in the Heineken (I know it’s probably not called that anymore) 

They are in the Heineken equivalent this season. 

15 hours ago, TK95 said:

I actually spoke to a work colleague from Lancaster the other day and when mentioning I was from Leicester he said he was a massive Tigers fan. Felt quite surreal but fair play! 

They are akin to Man U after the 90s. If you go down there; you’ll see local rugby club shirts from pretty much all of West Mids, East Anglia, East Mids etc at least. 

There’s rumours they are ready to splash on Pollard for Ford’s replacement 

22 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Off to watch Tigers on Sunday, and what a team they are putting out:

Great to see Liebenberg back. 

So that’s the team they’ll start with? And they’ve released that 2 days before the match?  Very different to the football isn’t it. I’ve never realised they did this before. 

Just now, Manini said:

So that’s the team they’ll start with? And they’ve released that 2 days before the match?  Very different to the football isn’t it. I’ve never realised they did this before. 

Yup! Unless there's any late injuries/sickness. I guess it's a bit different to football in that there are very fixed positions in which people play, so no surprises in terms of formation (although of course people have different styles of play within a certain role).