Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Drinkwater says farewell

7 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

It's only Kante and Drinkwater who have gone really.

We've replaced them with a 3 times Europa League winner in Iborra and a Euros winner in Silva (touch wood).

Compared to other clubs like Southampton who enjoy a bit of success we are doing very well in retaining our 'legends' and replacing them with adequate players of possibly equal or better quality.

LCFC will roll on.

For now they are, then Mahrez, then Kasper, then Wes, Huth, Okazaki Fuchs, Vardy... in my heart I want them rumbling on together forever. I know that it will break up eventually, they'll all retire and it will be a new bunch... but I fecking love the group we've had.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Fair play but i'm sure he's been advised to do that rather than it being off his own back just like he was (poorly) advised to kick up a storm and end his LCFC career.

Footballers can't win. Kante was criticised for not doing anything within days and then just releasing some PR bullcrap. 

Drinkwater hasn't deleted any Leicester pics. Writes something off the cuff and does it the day after. Criticised. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

For now they are, then Mahrez, then Kasper, then Wes, Huth, Okazaki Fuchs, Vardy... in my heart I want them rumbling on together forever. I know that it will break up eventually, they'll all retire and it will be a new bunch... but I fecking love the group we've had.

Me too Babs ..  but we've just got to move on ...    and no one can take away what happened ..  :)

Just now, Countryfox said:

Me too Babs ..  but we've just got to move on ...    and no one can take away what happened ..  :)

NEVER...

*He says sobbing into his pile of newspapers, t-shirts, badges, Vardy salted crisps, clappers, streamers, programmes and DVD's from the title win season*

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

NEVER...

*He says sobbing into his pile of newspapers, t-shirts, badges, Vardy salted crisps, clappers, streamers, programmes and DVD's from the title win season*

...  and my Captain Morgan rum, and my replica trophy, and my big pic of the team on the wall ...     and my Prem Winners tat ...    (well ok I bottled that at the last moment) ..   

33 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Nice one ! ..  that would make a great headline ..   oh, hang on a minute ...

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

I can't believe you're sh*tting all over my clever pun, CF.

lol Genuinely hadn't even seen that, though. I don't live in Leicester so don't get the Merc.

At least we know that Rob Tanner has the editorial levels of FoxesTalk bollocks-talking.

6 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

If he plays next week it kind of shows what he really thought of us rather than an instagram post imho. 

hes now a Chelsea player. if he plays next week, he's doing his job - you cant expect to not to play. It means nothing

What a great signing he turned out to be. He had a rough 2012/13 with us, a blinding 13/14 where he was the best midfielder in the league by a mile and after another tough year he then was colossal in our PL win. I really hope he does well at Chelsea as he's not given the credit he deserves in the game. Kante will help him, if he does get games at Chelsea I can see him being one of the first names on the team sheet for England.

Drinkwater has yet to play this season due to injury but, ironically, could now make his Chelsea debut at Leicester next Saturday.

He added: “I don’t know what the odds on that were. Hopefully I will get a good reception but I am a Chelsea player now so will be looking for three points.”

Well, It will be weird to see Drinkwater and Kante lining up against us next week.

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

does he think he's going to be starting?

Dunno. If he regains his 2015/16 form why not? The competition is tough though and I'm not sure Conte sees him as a starter.

He wants to rebuild his duo with Kante which is understable and Chelsea is a big club with lots of ambition. Can't honestly blame him for that. But it gives me the impression that he completely stopped to give a flying one about us as soon as Chelsea came in and couldn't get out soon enough. That includes the "thigh strain" which i personally consider to be a diplomatic injury (MY OPINION, folks. Deal with it)  I'm not particularly impressed by his farewell, which is the most basic PR tweet you could find around. 

More than the transfer itself (usual business, no big deal), it's the way things went that leave me a bizarre taste.

He still should be applauded when he comes back.

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What a great signing he turned out to be. He had a rough 2012/13 with us, a blinding 13/14 where he was the best midfielder in the league by a mile and after another tough year he then was colossal in our PL win. I really hope he does well at Chelsea as he's not given the credit he deserves in the game. Kante will help him, if he does get games at Chelsea I can see him being one of the first names on the team sheet for England.

So many of them have been. It's been fantastic to have players together for five, six years. As a fan you feel you know who the player is rather than a passing name and shirt number.

He's given us good service and two spectacular years of dominating midfields and both the Premier League and the Championship. 

Archived