Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Drinkwater says farewell

Just now, Corky said:

So many of them have been. It's been fantastic to have players together for five, six years. As a fan you feel you know who the player is rather than a passing name and shirt number.

He's given us good service and two spectacular years of dominating midfields and both the Premier League and the Championship. 

I dread the day Vardy calls time with us. Doubt he's management/coach material either so there's a very good chance he'll leave the club for good when he does. Hopefully he's another 5-6 years here minimum.

Can't really hold it against the guy. He can't really achieve anything more than he did with Leicester and at 27 has a chance to see if he can regularly play in the champions league.

As bad as it is, purely by playing for Chelsea rather than Leicester he will massively boost his chances of an England spot. It sucks but it's the way England work, it's a World Cup year, and England's current midfield sucks.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Left as a fan? Bollocks, never known a fan get a convenient injury to keep them out during the transfer window, then throw a hissy fit to get out. Might have enjoyed his time here, but treated the club with no respect in the way he left.

Oh yawn, I'm sorry to pick you out, but you're the latest to come out with some sanctimonious twaddle like this. It was time for a parting of the ways, let's move on and remember 15/16 fondly....

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh yawn, I'm sorry to pick you out, but you're the latest to come out with some sanctimonious twaddle like this. It was time for a parting of the ways, let's move on and remember 15/16 fondly....

Time for a parting of the ways doesn't necessitate leaving without dignity. Take our other want away player - weird excursion round Europe aside, Riyad has acted with dignity: said he'd like to move on, knuckled down and contributed while still under contract and didn't throw a hissy fit when we rejected insulting bids. Drinkwater did, he's left on really poor terms, and for that he can get in the bin. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

Time for a parting of the ways doesn't necessitate leaving without dignity. Take our other want away player - weird excursion round Europe aside, Riyad has acted with dignity: said he'd like to move on, knuckled down and contributed while still under contract and didn't throw a hissy fit when we rejected insulting bids. Drinkwater did, he's left on really poor terms, and for that he can get in the bin. 

It's spelt 'been'...

Mixed emotions on this one really.

If he'd have gone without putting in the transfer request I would have felt better.

As it is, he did and he's gone....... I wish him all the best but that's all.

Now it's all about Hi Ho Silva Signing for me

Good luck Danny 

thanks for memories 

But I must say looked bang average in EPL without Kante 

kante might make him look decent again (if he gets on the team) 

cant see him playing much but he will be able to get his hair transplant now lol 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well that's down to his club and not him.

4 hours ago, Jacnah said:

hes now a Chelsea player. if he plays next week, he's doing his job - you cant expect to not to play. It means nothing

Was meant that he has missed our opening 3 games due to injury, if he plays for Chelsea against us will have to question how injured he really was. 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Same here. He's been one of the stalworts of the Pearson era and, I believe, was still one of our best players.

I think his heart wasn't at Leicester anymore though tbh.

"I left my heart

in Kante' pocket

I pined away

all thru the year..."

He's been a cracking player.  Anyone that can control/dictate the tempo of a football match needs high praise.  His range of passing improved immensely, he's as strong as an ox (he coud leg press the most, even more than Wasilewski) and his ability to get about the pitch was underestimated. 

The negatives are that he doesn't score enough goals and whilst he could cut a defence open with a 30, 40 or 50 yard ball, he rarely unlocked a defence by threading a cute pass through a packed defence in the final third.

All in all, i was a big fan of Danny, even if i do know someone has slept with his girlfriend :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I dread the day Vardy calls time with us. Doubt he's management/coach material either so there's a very good chance he'll leave the club for good when he does. Hopefully he's another 5-6 years here minimum.

Now that would be a sad day.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Drinky was the clock. When he ticked, we seemed to too. Our playmaker for a number of years. £1 million from United and money well and truly well spent. All the best and if in a years time, we get an opportunity...bring him back!!

Thats like getting back with an ex-gf who left you to shag a rich hot dude and travel the globe for a year. F-that!

I feel very okay with this. I think it's a good opportunity for him and a good fee for us and we've got a good replacement. Can't say he didn't put a shift in for us. And unlike Mahrez I don't think a club of this magnitude will be in for him again.

Archived