Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Drinkwater says farewell

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

**** anyone showing animosity towards drinkwater. he's been a model professional here for five years and he's given his best for us.

he deserves to do well and I hope he plays regularly for Chelsea and progresses with them - except against us... 

we'll look back on the drinkwater / kante days as some of the best we'll see for years to come. 

in the grand scheme of things it's not like he's even made that much of a fuss over leaving - people just speculate and hate for the sake of it. 

good luck! 

"model professional" 

brb faking injury

brb

3 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

I've never always been his biggest fan but anyone who is part of the 15/16 squad always a hero to me, hope he gets the reception he deserves next week, how anyone could resent any of those players who made us premier league champions I do not understand!

leicester-city-players-celeb-title-premier-league-jamie-vardy-party-victory_3459783.jpg.f923b91298bc456e0b323180784df045.jpg

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Didn't he say he wanted to finish his career here if we continued to match his ambition and move forward? There's a difference.

Moving to Chelsea has probably finished his career after all he's got to a) get in the team and b) play on a regular basis.

Danny D Danny D Danny D,
Why did you move to Chelsea?
Was it for hope of glory?
Or are you just greedy?

We'll miss your dynamic industry,
Your passing and creativity,
The synergy with Ndidi,
And understanding with Vardy.

But this opportunity,
We should not begrudge,
And we hope that you will find,
Bakayoko not hard to budge,
And in the pecking order not behind.

Luckily the last few games,
Have seen a resurgence of Matty James,
Otherwise Leicester would be light.
King and Amartey? Not quite.

Of your time in Leicester we give thanks and are proud,
And we know in every cloud,
There is a lining that is silver.

Or maybe I should spell that

Silva

27 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

"model professional" 

brb faking injury

brb

it's not like Danny fell over half-way through a match and refused to play ala Hazard at Chelsea two seasons ago. 

The club clearly new about Drinkwater's plans to move on and they probably decided together that it wasn't right for him to keep playing in the lead up to a possible big money move hence the 'injured' thing to keep it on the low. 

I very much doubt he rang in one morning and was like "sorry Shakes, my leg hurts, I can't play anymore". We'd have had him on a ****ing physio table and called bullshit on it.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

These words are worth as much as the words written in the contract he signed last summer. 

People crying over something his agent knocked up in 2 minutes. Give me a break.

It's not just about DD or his words, it's about the breaking up of a group of legends. Each time one goes, it's another step away from the greatest moment in our history and many of our lives. I want to hold onto that moment forever. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a pretty standard statement. If the Ox had put up exactly the same words no one would have batted an eyelid. 

I'd be quite suprised to see him address Leicester fans and club with such affection to be honest.

Archived