Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

5 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

How do the rules allow Brighton to sign Krul today when he joined on loan in the window?

I expect it's just confirmation that they will formalise their option to buy at the end of the loan deal. They have probably entered into a legal agreement with the player that this will happen. As far as the authorities are concerned BHA still hold his registration on loan from NUFC. That can take change outside the window. 

On 9/3/2017 at 18:10, st albans fox said:

Are folk still musing about the deal not going through?  really??????

cant we move on?  Once it has been confirmed, are we going to start worrying every five mins when his first major injury will be ????

This was the only deal to go through after the deadline between associations. Hence both FA's have to confirm the paperwork is in order before international clearance can be granted.  We know that sporting have confirmed all ok at their end and lcfc have announced that we are just waiting for the IC. (Having had approval from the PL/FA over here).  Normally, IC is straightforward and not referenced but in this instance, where the deal was completed after the deadline, it cannot simply be taken for granted. Like i said before - if we were a United or Chelsea we wouldn't have even mentioned it. Player is away on international duty and there is no rush to get the IC through. It will be confirmed tomorrow. worry about something else !!

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I'm prepared to offer my resignation from FT over it...........

its a start !

Well you did say on 3rd September that it would be confirmed the next day and that there was nothing to worry about! :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Well you did say on 3rd September that it would be confirmed the next day and that there was nothing to worry about! :ph34r:

hence my offer :D

(maybe it was sorted but we have dragged it out for dramatic effect whilst he is injured - no publicity is bad publicity etc etc)

I don't believe that btw

I would make one observation that one of my 'don't worry' posts did have a qualification at the end that the only risk would be if FIFA wanted to make an example of a club, we would be an easy target.

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

hence my offer :D

(maybe it was sorted but we have dragged it out for dramatic effect whilst he is injured - no publicity is bad publicity etc etc)

I don't believe that btw

I would make one observation that one of my 'don't worry' posts did have a qualification at the end that the only risk would be if FIFA wanted to make an example of a club, we would be an easy target.

I would not worry Pal.....  Making statements that are later proven to be BS are common place on FT, so you are by no means in an exclusive Club.

Plus .................what you said was, in all honesty, perfectly logical..... unlike the Muppets that reside in Zurich.

I just can't see how this is acceptable in this day and age in today's football how 14 seconds could put a players career both club and country in limbo, it's almost tantermount to harassment and unprofessional vindictive behaviour on FIFA's part 14 Fooking seconds whay what a commendable organisation FIFA,,,,,are NOT !!

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder why he would travel back for a league cup tie when he had gone back to Lisbon to be with his expectant wide?

if I wasn't expecting to play again until January, I wouldn't rush back - I'm sure I could find somewhere there to stay fit 

I think he only went back for the scan I read somewhere, don't think the baby is due for months. 

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I just can't see how this is acceptable in this day and age in today's football how 14 seconds could put a players career both club and country in limbo, it's almost tantermount to harassment and unprofessional vindictive behaviour on FIFA's part 14 Fooking seconds whay what a commendable organisation FIFA,,,,,are NOT !!

The deadline exists because if it didn't there would be chaos. It's not vindictive. I truly hope the club finds a way to successfully appeal it, but blaming FIFA for rules that everybody knows about is stupid.

5 hours ago, dpjfox said:

Nice to see Adrien at the game last night, shows hes keen (perhaps next time fans should sing a Silva song)

Harry maguire song but using Adrien silva. May be a kick in the nuts though us chanting 'he plays for Leicester with kasper and morgan' when hes not actually allowed to play ?

Just now, weller54 said:

Did you follow the Sigurdsson thread?... 

At the beginning, then it was clear for me that the lad wouldn't come, so I lost any interest.

Silva's different, I'm waiting for him like the Messiah and everytime I open this thread, there are new posts but nothing new. You can add this one too.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

At the beginning, then it was clear for me that the lad wouldn't come, so I lost any interest.

Silva's different, I'm waiting for him like the Messiah and everytime I open this thread, there are new posts but nothing new. You can add this one too.

So you followed the Sigurdsson thread up to page 2 then? 

44 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Could we please put an embargo on Silva threads until the situation is  cleared once and for all? Got somehow tired of 145 pages of nothingness.

Someone told me earlier that the appeal has been rejected and their source was "the press".

Also a few links on here say this is also the case?..

Wonder if John Percy etc (who's been mentioned quite a bit on here in the past) has any insider information?..

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The deadline exists because if it didn't there would be chaos. It's not vindictive. I truly hope the club finds a way to successfully appeal it, but blaming FIFA for rules that everybody knows about is stupid.

Except FIFA rules almost certainly contravene EU employment law. But who cares. 

Must be the only business that can ride roughshod over the law of the land. Probably also contravenes Silva's Human Rights, but FIFA think they are fire proof, wish some club would take them to court. 

41 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Could we please put an embargo on Silva threads until the situation is  cleared once and for all? Got somehow tired of 145 pages of nothingness.

Thanks for asking for an embargo, unfortunately it's been submitted 14 seconds too late and we therefore reject your request.

9 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Please do not talk sense in this thread.  It is out of place.  Thanks

9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Harry maguire song but using Adrien silva. May be a kick in the nuts though us chanting 'he plays for Leicester with kasper and morgan' when hes not actually allowed to play ?

Adrien Silva, Adrien Silva,

Oh Adrien Silva!

We thought that we signed him, 14 seconds too late,

Now who knows a good lawyer?

Archived