Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I imagine she eats loads of carbs, probably pasta. It's quite easy to do when you're a veggie/vegan and aren't that experienced in the kitchen.

I knew a fat veggie, cheese was his downfall. I don't think he ate anything without cheese. Fat as a house too.

Edited by simFox

1 hour ago, Buce said:

It's absolutely nothing to do with being vegan and everything to do with poor nutrition. A lot of vegans just remove meat and dairy from their diet without replacing the lost nutrients by adjusting their diet accordingly.

These are a vegan bodybuilders:

maxresdefault.jpg

Jehina-Malik-02.jpg

Products that replicate meat are intended to encourage people who enjoy meat, but are conflicted by their ethics, to become vegan.

Blasting boat loads of gear is a bit of a field leveller. Protein drinks and lots of them, along with egg whites. I knew a vegetarian bodybuilder who took tuna too, otherwise pretty committed to being a vegetarian.

Bodybuilding (and I speak from experience) is a fairly committed/intensive lifestyle and what people say they do and actually do behind closed doors is open to question, bodybuilding is consuming and it comes before anything else when you reach a certain commitment. Like one Pro said, "I'd eat grease out of a crankcase if I thought it would make me grow". I certainly wouldn't use them as proof for your particular argument.

1 hour ago, simFox said:

Blasting boat loads of gear is a bit of a field leveller. Protein drinks and lots of them, along with egg whites. I knew a vegetarian bodybuilder who took tuna too, otherwise pretty committed to being a vegetarian.

Bodybuilding (and I speak from experience) is a fairly committed/intensive lifestyle and what people say they do and actually do behind closed doors is open to question, bodybuilding is consuming and it comes before anything else when you reach a certain commitment. Like one Pro said, "I'd eat grease out of a crankcase if I thought it would make me grow". I certainly wouldn't use them as proof for your particular argument.

There are loads of vegan sportsmen and women of all disciplines but if you are going to dismiss them as liars there's no point in having the discussion.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elite-athletes-who-are-vegan-and-what-made-them-switch-their-diet-2017-10?r=US&IR=T#barny-du-plessis-bodybuilder-6

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/all-athletes/

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marmite said:

The majority of vegans look thin and unwell and it annoys me how they still want to replicate food that they are against

I am so confused by this argument, most vegans don't eat meat because they don't agree with the slaughter of animals, not because they don't enjoy the taste of meat. Surely a replica of meat that tastes similar and has similar health benefits, but does not involve the slaughter of animal is not that complicated to understand? It's no different to faux leather etc in that respect.

As for majority of vegans looking thin and unwell, I appreciate it's just your opinion but there is a growing number of Premier League players who are making the switch such as Bellerin and Delph and they seem to be getting on pretty well (minus Bellerin's injury :ph34r:). I also ran my fastest marathon and ran 2017km in 10 months at the same time too. It's just about the quality of food you take on board, you can be vegan and live off chips or you can fuel your body on the healthiest and least factory produced foods around. 

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't understand why people get so damn excited about fixture release day.

Have you not noticed what this place is like when there's no football?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't understand why people get so damn excited about fixture release day.

I love it. One of my favourite days.

Start planning where we're going.

Dunno why you wouldn't get excited tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Have you not noticed what this place is like when there's no football?

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Old married men that dont get laid anymore....its like sex for them lol.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I love it. One of my favourite days.

Start planning where we're going.

Dunno why you wouldn't get excited tbh.

Each to their own of course.

It's nice to see who's playing who and when (TV permitting) but I don't get why it's as exciting as some people make out.

Maybe I'm just a grizzled old journalist, could be that.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

There are loads of vegan sportsmen and women of all disciplines but if you are going to dismiss them as liars there's no point in having the discussion.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elite-athletes-who-are-vegan-and-what-made-them-switch-their-diet-2017-10?r=US&IR=T#barny-du-plessis-bodybuilder-6

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/all-athletes/

So Barney Duplessis posts his diet and supplements for the universe comp, with no mention at all about his gear intake. You really think he was natty!? Well that's the first lie for a start. The fact he only just turned vegan anyway having built good physique as a non vegy means nothing.

I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm not saying they aren't vegan. But I wouldn't believe anything a bodybuilder told me they took or didn't take because you'll never really know (and for good reason). It's just a bad example because gear/genetics defines the "sport".

16 hours ago, simFox said:

I didn't read all of this, but it's absolutely the kind of extreme far left bat shit crazy thinking we should all be worried about.

Please don't get into politics.

Didn't or wasn't able to?

I think you'll find that it's as much a capitalist idea to keep databases on everyone, it's just that capitalists don't share the information but keep it to themseleves for personal gain.

I'm pretty sure that google and microsoft etc... know more about you than the British or Chinese governments - probably more than your nearest and dearest for that matter.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Didn't or wasn't able to?

I think you'll find that it's as much a capitalist idea to keep databases on everyone, it's just that capitalists don't share the information but keep it to themseleves for personal gain.

I'm pretty sure that google and microsoft etc... know more about you than the British or Chinese governments - probably more than your nearest and dearest for that matter.

The difference is when you condone those actions and open your front door to let them in. The less intrusion by the government or anyone into our private lives for that matter is all the better and we should resist it where we can.

It seems to me that the left always resort to using these extreme measures to push forward their agenda. You'd love to enforce the rules on everyone wouldn't you, turn everyone into a good little drone with instant repercussions on anyone who dares to step over the line. What a lovely Draconian world that would be. Keep hammering the thin edge of those wedges.

2 minutes ago, simFox said:

The difference is when you condone those actions and open your front door to let them in. The less intrusion by the government or anyone into our private lives for that matter is all the better and we should resist it where we can.

It seems to me that the left always resort to using these extreme measures to push forward their agenda. You'd love to enforce the rules on everyone wouldn't you, turn everyone into a good little drone with instant repercussions on anyone who dares to step over the line. What a lovely Draconian world that would be. Keep hammering the thin edge of those wedges.

*sigh*

The last time I checked, authoritarianism and such repercussions weren't uniquely a left-wing thing. Pinochet and his helicopters, Rhee and his death squads, to name but two, come to mind.

This is what I meant on the pol thread about nuance, btw. Authoritarianism isn't a good thing no matter what ideology is behind it, barring a few sensational exceptions where not imposing it means far worse consequences.

3 minutes ago, simFox said:

lol

I'm liberal, not left but then again you think half of the party you vote for are almost communists, so for you I'm probably a leftie. FYI Buce is with you on this, does that make me more of a leftie extremist than him? 

I still believe that a complete DNA database would be a good thing. It's a lot less sinister than those Alexa type machines or online data mining.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

lol

I'm liberal, not left but then again you think half of the party you vote for are almost communists, so for you I'm probably a leftie. FYI Buce is with you on this, does that make me more of a leftie extremist than him? 

I still believe that a complete DNA database would be a good thing. It's a lot less sinister than those Alexa type machines or online data mining.

Me? An extremist? Wow.

That's one more for the gulags when I'm in charge.

Edited by Buce

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

There is a case for HS2. It's just that most people don't look into it enough. 

There was a good Indy article on it in the week. Will see if I can find it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Me? An extremist? Wow.

That's one more for the gulags when I'm in charge.

:D I didn't say you were an extremist did I?

34 minutes ago, FIF said:

:D I didn't say you were an extremist did I?

You very much implied it:

8 hours ago, FIF said:

lol

I'm liberal, not left but then again you think half of the party you vote for are almost communists, so for you I'm probably a leftie. FYI Buce is with you on this, does that make me more of a leftie extremist than him

Your name is noted. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, FIF said:

While I don’t agree with a DNA database, from time to time I’ve read about cold cases being solved by unknown suspect’s DNA being compared with DNA genealogy service databases and finding a match. Imagine how pissed off you'd be with your aunts Edna after pulling off all those crimes meticulously. It’s almost unfair!

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

While I don’t agree with a DNA database, from time to time I’ve read about cold cases being solved by unknown suspect’s DNA being compared with DNA genealogy service databases and finding a match. Imagine how pissed off you'd be with your aunts Edna after pulling off all those crimes meticulously. It’s almost unfair!

I know that you are not being serious here but the effect crimes have on the victims are so underestimated by those who have never suffered. 

I remember my parents being victims of a burglary whilst they were away on holiday. It deeply affected them and they felt worried and insecure forevermore. I can't imagine the feelings of a rape or assault victim especially those whose attackers are still at large despite a DNA database from birth being able to identify and hopefully catch them.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

it's a logical opinion if you trust the idea of an all powerful state

Just the opposite, I trust that we will never have an all powerful state and therefore see the great positives a database can have. 

We fought 2 world wars and kept going in the second when we were the only country left fighting for a year against unbelieveable odds - probably better than 5000-1 - in order to not have an all powerful state. And we won through, I believe it's in our DNA (pardon the pun) to always resist such a thing.