Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Having a Pride month devalues the movement somewhat. Keep it to a week max or even a weekend.

Also another one ( on top of mental health and womens day) for the corporate machine to latch onto as a bit of marketing as opposed to giving a fvck.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

The 'Golden Mile' conjures up all sorts of exotic images and then you go down it. It's a dump.

Same with the 'Golden Shower'

Big disappointment.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

The 'Golden Mile' conjures up all sorts of exotic images and then you go down it. It's a dump.

Know what you mean; rubbish here and there, and often traffic jams on the narrow roads caused by the bus stoppages.

Not convinced that the whole road length needs the good amount of traffic lights it has at present.

Not sure if anyone else knows about it/seen, but there's 2 incomplete building blocks together that have some scaffolding on the front of it (located close to the Natwest Bank). It's been like that for a couple of years now, and it's still not yet finished..

-

However, when the Diwali lights are on in that area - it makes the place more attractive to visit.

Always found the locals in the area helpful and friendly overall, too.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t like Stormzy and/or Grime in the same way I don’t quite like ballet. I’m not exactly the core demographic, though I can still appreciate the art-form at arms length. 

I'm with you. He's clearly talented but he doesn't do it for me.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t like Stormzy and/or Grime in the same way I don’t quite like ballet. I’m not exactly the core demographic, though I can still appreciate the art-form at arms length. 

I like Ballet.

I've followed, and enjoyed, the Women's World Cup much more than the Copa America. 

Maybe been exposed to it more but there were times in the past where I'd look for streams of the south American tournament and not give a shite about women's football. 

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

True?

Yeah, not Spandau Ballet .

I love the elegance, strength, precision, beauty, coordination ...., as well as the sets and scenery. I thought I'd hate it but got hooked when at university and have enjoyed it ever since. I don't go very often but enjoy it when I do. A dancer needs phenomenal devotion.

Right now I need an unpopular opinion.

Drinking laws need to be tightened and enforced. We have a casual alcohol epidemic, silently backed by every media and tv programmes from morning TV to detective series. It has eroded respect for others quicker than anything else in the 20th and 21st centuries.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

I love the elegance, strength, precision, beauty, coordination ...., as well as the sets and scenery. I thought I'd hate it but got hooked when at university and have enjoyed it ever since. I don't go very often but enjoy it when I do. A dancer needs phenomenal devotion.

Drinking laws need to be tightened and enforced. We have a casual alcohol epidemic, silently backed by every media and tv programmes from morning TV to detective series. It has eroded respect for others quicker than anything else in the 20th and 21st centuries.

Not unpopular with me, mate - alcohol is the most socially destructive drug there is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

here's one... ban grog... legalise weed

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
On 29/06/2019 at 09:57, FIF said:

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tbh, standing in an overcrowded field, with someone's sweaty armpit in my face, whilst listening to music acts murdering their own material has never really appealed to me.

That's a bit like saying football is watching 22 sweaty men kick a pigs bladder around a field for an hour and a half.

• Like 1