Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

21 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like Diamond Lights by Hoddle and Waddle.

Not in an ironic way, I genuinely like it.

That's truly weird. Even at the time there was something just very wrong about it. 

Would you of happened to sport a mullet  haircut in the past? If so, that would explain a lot.

Edited by swanlee

Just now, swanlee said:

That's truly weird. Even at the time there was something just very wrong about it. 

Would you of happened to sport a mullet  haircut at any time in the past? If so, that would explain a lot.

I cant remember it at the time, only recall it from the likes of TOTP2 in the 90s.

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

I cant remember it at the time, only recall it from the likes of TOTP2 in the 90s.

tbf its got quite a decent new wave backing track. Which regrettably, imo, does not mesh at all with their vocals.

But how you get beyond those mullets , the jackets, the stickmen dancing moves and the totp soft focus & effects I'll never know.

(And I swear at the time it was only spuds fans that bought it.)

Edited by swanlee

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

You probably fancy Edie Falco then too. She has a similar horse face. 

It's not just about looks, it's about someone's persona, the vibes they give off, intelligence, logic and confidence. Maitliss has a kind of understated sexiness.

Despite her bony knees :giggle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

It's not just about looks, it's about someone's persona, the vibes they give off, intelligence, logic and confidence. Maitliss has a kind of understated sexiness.

Despite her bony knees :giggle:

This is a thread about Unpopular Opions right? That's one right there.

She is a strangely coloured alien predator :blink: surely?

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Nah. All part of the advantage of being at home. You'd think more clubs would start having regular guys doing it and training them up. 

I thought it was a great moment at Spurs. Moutinho's reaction was excellent too. 

Maybe regulated was a step too far, just on occasions where the ball boy is obviously slowing the game down, there to be some repercussions 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe regulated was a step too far, just on occasions where the ball boy is obviously slowing the game down, there to be some repercussions 

What do you want? Ball boys getting booked?

On 28/11/2019 at 10:07, LiberalFox said:

I think the British public might actually be thick.

Not sure if that opinion is particularly 'unpopular', certainly not in the rest of the world at the moment. Although I reckon the majority of people in advanced democracies are poorly educated on matters of politics, trade, foreign relations etc. 

48 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not sure if that opinion is particularly 'unpopular', certainly not in the rest of the world at the moment. Although I reckon the majority of people in advanced democracies are poorly educated on matters of politics, trade, foreign relations etc. 

Basically everybody I know thinks the British public are thick, even the thick ones

1 hour ago, bovril said:

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Basically everybody I know thinks the British public are thick, even the thick ones

I don't think it's even an opinion at this stage, it's a fact.

The script writers of Coronation Street clearly think that their viewers are thick. Why else would the story lines be so predictable and the characters all so one-dimensional? Then a voice-over during the credits tells us that if we've been affected by issues raised ..... The only issue that ever affects me is the assumption that I'm thick! 

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

What do you want? Ball boys getting booked?

Some people may remember Jimmy Hill publicly shaming a ball girl on Match of the Day after he concluded she was responsible for Blackburn conceeding a late equaliser against Liverpool in the FA Cup at Ewood Park back in 1991. 

Hill noted that the ball girl chucked the ball back to Liverpool too quickly allowing them to catch Rovers off guard and score.

Our Jim was forced to apologise afterwards to the ball girl.