Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This might sound harsh but I'm sorry, they are still total and utter sh ite. All their popularity proves is that the masses are fvckin idiots who only like simple comedy.

Name a few comedies you like, then? Come on, let's see if they're all universally loved or if actually, shock of shocks, comedy is subjective and your hysterical emotions over a TV show are just your opinion?

27 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Name a few comedies you like, then? Come on, let's see if they're all universally loved or if actually, shock of shocks, comedy is subjective and your hysterical emotions over a TV show are just your opinion?

No comedian in the world is universally loved if thats what you are getting it

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Children under the age of six shouldn't be allowed on air craft. It should be age restricted unless in very rare cases of exemption. 

Can we also ban groups of teenagers, stag & hen do’s, fat people who take up 2 seats nearly, and anyone who eats salt & vinegar crisps on an aircraft.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can we also ban groups of teenagers, stag & hen do’s, fat people who take up 2 seats nearly, and anyone who eats salt & vinegar crisps on an aircraft.

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Hahaha. 

It's not just for me! The kids don't enjoy it, either, and there's very few reasons for children that young to be out of the country. 

Maybe you guys should holiday in the UK? :)

On 07/01/2020 at 16:28, foxile5 said:

Children under the age of six shouldn't be allowed on air craft. It should be age restricted unless in very rare cases of exemption. 

On 07/01/2020 at 19:25, foxile5 said:

Hahaha. 

It's not just for me! The kids don't enjoy it, either, and there's very few reasons for children that young to be out of the country. 

My kids are 6 and 4, we just went to jamaica and they had an absolute blast. Yes i agree , what kid wants to sit on a plane for 3 or more hours? Heck, as an adult do you want to sit on a plane? I don't, I'd rather beam myself to the final destination lol.  It's up to the parents to keep their kids as busy as they can. Bring books, headphones, ipads, colouring books, barbie dolls, toy cars you  name it keep them busy as much as you can!

Having said that the kids were fantastic and i would  take them again  this year if it wasnt so bleeding expensive.

Also, I'd rather cuntish entitled passengers (regardless of age) are banned from planes.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2020 at 21:28, foxile5 said:

I dont agree with this, but I do think there should be child free flights. Especially longer haul.

On 07/01/2020 at 19:25, foxile5 said:

Hahaha. 

My sons travelled back to Leicester from the states to see their grandparents ( my mum and dad) for the first time in september. and you know what? they loved it. and everyone thought my 6 year old was very intelligent and funny and  he even read a book to the old man in front of him.

Everyone thought my 4 year old was sweet and ‘cute’.

Edited by MPH

15 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not interested in the royal family. 

I'm interested in who's going to be the new leader of the Lib Dems.

Now there's a genuinely unpopular opinion!

Any chance of it being anyone other than Ed Davey?

There's wall-to-wall media coverage of all the Labour leadership shenanigans but I've read nothing about your lot (always the case, I'm sure you'll say)....

What will the flagship policies of the Lib Dems be now, if it is to be Davey? A close post-Brexit relationship with the EU, I assume? Democratic reform? Climate change?

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm interested in who's going to be the new leader of the Lib Dems.

There's wall-to-wall media coverage of all the Labour leadership shenanigans but I've read nothing about your lot (always the case, I'm sure you'll say)....

What will the flagship policies of the Lib Dems be now, if it is to be Davey? A close post-Brexit relationship with the EU, I assume? Democratic reform? Climate change?

That's probably because no leadership election has been announced. I think it's likely the party will wait until after the upcoming local elections and also potentially the spring conference before holding a leadership contest. There are a few advantages in doing so, firstly it allows the party to focus on the local elections which are important to the Liberal Democrats. Secondly it allows Labour to choose their own party leader first. Lastly it allows the internal party and potential candidates some time to decide if they want to stand / prepare their campaigns. Party rules state that a leadership election needs to happen within a year unless an extension is granted. 

I don't know who will stand. Layla Moran is our most talented MP in my opinion but still young and inexperienced. Ed Davey seems like an obvious choice but he's also a former coalition minister and seen as very "vanilla". Outside of those two, Tim Farron has announced he won't stand again and I think Alistair Carmichael can be ruled out too. That leaves new MPs and MPs without much experience and fragile majorities. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

i was thinking more of the freedom of the people - i guess you don’t mean you are a libertarian when you say liberal

No such thing as a libertarian in my opinion. I do believe in personal freedom but sometimes freedoms conflict. I've been on a few long haul flights where people have gotten progressively more drunk and consequently they get more restless and start to talk more loudly etc. I'd personally have a preference for flying on a service where alcohol isn't being consumed.  

But my principal concern is the fact that alcohol can be a factor in causing health problems and also a factor in causing criminal / antisocial behaviour, and planes are going to often be many minutes away from medical / law enforcement assistance. Strangely you're far more likely to find alcohol consumption banned on public transport like buses and trains despite it being far less of an issue. 

Guest MattP
49 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Im interested in who's going to be the new leader of the Lib Dems.

Didnt Layla Moran come out as pansexual last week? A slightly posher and more liberal version of being bi I think. That's surely a vote winner among the LD membership?

Ed Davey needs to come out with a dose of climacophilia - a weird word but not to those who get turned on by falling down the stairs. (Actually a thing)

Apologies to Rod Liddle as I've ripped this off him.

Remember when Chukka Umanna was supposed to be the next leader?

On 07/01/2020 at 21:28, foxile5 said:

I'm taking my daughter (who will be 2) to Disneyworld in May, I've never really considered kids on a flight to be an issue and now you've got me worrying about it. I wanted to take her whilst we could afford to do it, and also so she could experience it.

I'm going to have to stock up on activities.

For the record, don't fly to Florida on 1st May.... you've been warned.