Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Wouldn't mind Everton getting relegated, just to show that spending £100+ doesn't mean you should hide away from the fact that this type of policy can spell disaster eventually.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't mind Everton getting relegated, just to show that spending £100+ doesn't mean you should hide away from the fact that this type of policy can spell disaster eventually.

Never a great idea to spend big chunks of money on Arsenal and Man U past their best rejects.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Shouldn't be unpopular that, couldn't happen to a more deserving set of deluded fans.

12 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Shouldn't be unpopular that, couldn't happen to a more deserving set of deluded fans.

I don't think they're deluded. Go on their forum, most of them know they don't act like a big club. Most Everton fans I've met are pretty sound.

edit: yeah at Goodison they love a good boo. Them and Newcastle fans are the best at it.

Edited by Fox92

12 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

they're not really that deluded. they get over excited every summer when they spend 100 mill but they very quickly realise they are still rubbish and are happy to admit that. most ev fans i know have basically spent most of the best part of the last 6 or 7 years actively hoping liverpool don't win anything more than they have cared about everton's fortunes. and that's the level of bitterness we should all aspire too, tbh. 

All fans of all PL clubs are exactly the same.

Some are sound, some are dicks, some are young and some are old. Some cheer, some boo, some are die hards and some are plastics.

Some are positive, some are negative, some are twats on social media and some aren't. Some sing, some don't. 

Each club has it's minority of bell ends and we're no different.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Some are sound, some are dicks, some are young and some are old. Some cheer, some boo, some are die hards and some are plastics.

Some are positive, some are negative, some are twats on social media and some aren't. Some sing, some don't. 

Pretty damn spot on. 

There are twats in whatever team you look at, some just have more than others than manage to give the entire club following a bad name.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty damn spot on. 

There are twats in whatever team you look at, some just have more than others than manage to give the entire club following a bad name.

I reckon during my 40 odd years of following football, I've met and talked to fans of pretty much every English club. Some have been complete weapons and some have become good mates. I'd say I've got friends and acquaintances made over the years that represent most teams in England.

The generalisations that Liverpool fans are this, Everton fans are that, Spurs fans are this and Man Utd fans are that is all a load of old bollux really.

When we had the tragedy it's fair to say that fans representing pretty much every team in the UK came on here and sent their condolences. That was an example of every fan base at it's very best and of course we also have examples of them all at their worst.

I'm as guilty as anyone at getting frustrated and annoyed with other teams and their fans sometimes, but we're all just the same and all love our own club with the same passion.

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Agreed.

I dislike when fans go on about the classic:

-the fans are dillusional

-they are tin pot

-all plastic supporters

-they have no history (even though most clubs have been around since 1800s or early 1900s)

-"do the maffs"... they are nobodies. 

-inbreds (although thats a good one)

-not a big 6 club. As if everyone else should just cease to exist. 

Like you said, All footy fans say the same crap about eachother.  I'm guilty of it myself but at least recognize reality from silly word games. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to remove the Birch from matchday duties. Keep him around the club welcoming new people and doing his work at events, functions, funerals etc- really good there.

But we don't need him giving his crappy rousing speeches about how great we all are and how the boys love our support and shouting ARE YOU READY?! 

Needs to stay in the background from now on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Time to remove the Birch from matchday duties. Keep him around the club welcoming new people and doing his work at events, functions, funerals etc- really good there.

But we don't need him giving his crappy rousing speeches about how great we all are and how the boys love our support and shouting ARE YOU READY?! 

Needs to stay in the background from now on.

Blimey.

Well, you're in the right thread...