Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SlimaniFanBoy

Will Islam Slimani finally adapt?

Hey community,

I'm a massive Islam Slimani Fan and after watching a video with all his goal so far for Leicester City (I'll list the video down here ),

I was not satisfied with the amount of goals he has scored.11 goals in a year for a 27 million is not quite enough.

But following him from his times at Sporting Lisbon, I know his potential and i'm hoping he will reach the same level he had at Portugal.

After a promising game against Liverpool might he finally start to adapt?

What do you guys think, will he adapt or just end up on a loan or transfer next year?

I myself can't wait to see him flourish at the Foxes.

Guest CityFan 06

He could well do, but I think we need to play to his strengths. There are differences between Slimani and Ulloa.

• Slim is a goalscorer, likes to be inside the box and get you goals. We need to realise this as opposed to going long to him a lot of the time. Use the wings to get crosses into the box more. From what I've seen of Slim, he's not a hold up player or a target man as such. 

• Ulloa, whilst he can score goals, is a slightly different build to Slim. He's better at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I see Ulloa as more of a target man than Slim. 

54 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i said at the start of the season he would get 20 goals, 3 already 17 more to go.

don't let me down Slim-dog :thumbup:

I'll have to find it, but I said something similar. In all competitions, of course. He's due to bag in the PL.

EDIT: I'm dumb, probably didn't, can't find it. But I did find this from the Arsenal post-match thread:

Okay, so I'm hammered drunk, BUT...

Today was Shinji's best ever LCFC match. 

Bold prediction: He starts all season somehow and scores 10 goals. 

HE ONLY GETS BETTER

1 hour ago, SlimaniFanBoy said:

Hey community,

I'm a massive Islam Slimani Fan and after watching a video with all his goal so far for Leicester City (I'll list the video down here ),

I was not satisfied with the amount of goals he has scored.11 goals in a year for a 27 million is not quite enough.

But following him from his times at Sporting Lisbon, I know his potential and i'm hoping he will reach the same level he had at Portugal.

What do you guys think, will he adapt or just end up on a loan or transfer next year?

He's a very good player .... if you judge his goal scoring record by the amount of minutes he's played for us it's impressive,

Injury and lack of selection has lessened his impact.

I think the problem Slimani has is getting enough playing time in the right formation/with the right lineup to allow him to score the goals we all know he can.  He's not going to score many alongside Ulloa, that's for sure, regardless of how many games he plays! 

15 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

You seem to be far too rational in your thinking to be classed as a fanboy! Jury is still out, he's never really had a sustained run to be judged on as far as i'm concerned, fingers crossed tuesdays wondergoal is the start of him coming good...

I'm a rational fanboy :scarf:

Hey community,

Hey Islam why didnt you just say it was you

the simpsons hello simpsons hi wave GIF

17 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I think the problem Slimani has is getting enough playing time in the right formation/with the right lineup to allow him to score the goals we all know he can.  He's not going to score many alongside Ulloa, that's for sure, regardless of how many games he plays! 

Well I'm a Sporting fan since I was born. And the moment Slimani turned into the best striker in the Portuguese League was the moment Jorge Jesus turned into our coach and made a team around Slimani.

The same thing he is now doing with Bas Dost, who ended as 2th best European topscorer after Messi with 37 Goals.

I still believe that Slimani was better than Bas Dost. So Leicester just needs to change their game plan around SuperSlim and they will have better results.

Hey community,

Dont let the goal fool you, he was shite vs Liverpool.

In all honesty, he's a good player but not for the style of play of LCFC, I don't think he'll ever come good

He's born to play against Liverpool with albrighton and Fuchs in the side as they are terrible at defending crosses. But he probably won't. His goalscoring record for us minutes to goals is very good. And he's a massive upgrade on Ulloa. He would probably be better suited at a West brom type side to be honest but glad we have him and he does seem to be improving.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Dont let the goal fool you, he was shite vs Liverpool.

In all honesty, he's a good player but not for the style of play of LCFC, I don't think he'll ever come good

Eh, he was rubbish first half like the rest, but good once Shinji came on and he wasn't playing alone up front.

It might be only my wishful thinking but I saw in one or two glimpses like Slim and Shinji were starting to gel a bit? If so, it's about time! Also Slim seemed genuinely happy about his goal, last season his joy was somewhat subdued. There's no way Shakes will build a team around him like the Sporting coach did, so Slim dog has to clench his teeth and adapt... there's no other way I'm afraid. I'm not his fan yet but if he becomes a better team player and scores a couple more stunners like that one vs Liverpool I will gladly reconsider

Archived