Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City submit appeal to Fifa in bid to complete £25m Adrien Silva signing

Time for a new thread.

John Percy

Leicester City have submitted their appeal to Fifa in a bid to finally complete the £25m signing of Adrien Silva.

Nearly four weeks have passed since Silva’s proposed move from Sporting Lisbon was rejected after Leicester filed paperwork 14 seconds late.

Leicester were granted an extension to complete the Portugal international's signing but his registration was denied by the world governing body after the club missed the deadline.

Silva has since been in limbo, unable to even train with Craig Shakespeare’s squad while Leicester have considered their next move.

However, it is understood that Leicester have now presented their appeal to Fifa, following weeks of negotiations between club officials and lawyers.

Leicester remain in the dark over the outcome and have not received any notification on when a decision will be made. One possibility is that Silva’s signing is approved but he will be unable to officially play for the club until January.

Shakespeare is anxious for the dispute to be resolved quickly, following the £35m sale of Danny Drinkwater to Premier League champions Chelsea.

He said: “There is a legal process going on where Fifa will decide what is happening with him, the quicker it is sorted the better.

“We’d love to have more answers but unfortunately we have to wait. Obviously I want to make him feel welcome because he’s a player we identified a long time ago.

“He is frustrated because this is World Cup year but he understands what the legal side of it is as well.”

Silva was sat in the stands again on Saturday for Leicester’s 3-2 defeat to Liverpool at the King Power Stadium.

At last something solid, appreciated, if not progress then at least signs that they're doing something. No doubt the club have been asking if there are any precedents, if so how did those clubs put together their case, which elements of their case swung the outcome the most etc or similarly in light of there possibly being no comparable precedent then which elements of fact versus regulation should we focus on. Either that or "Do we put 1 million or two in this brown envelope"?

I'm sorry, maybe i've missed something but why has this taken so long?

I'm sure I don't understand all the workings, the in and out's e.t.c and I don't claim I do but why does our club seem so slow to act on things?

I doubt other clubs would be so lackadaisical, no other club seems to have these problems, not as many, to the extent we do anyway.

We're Premier League standard on some things but then League One (That's being generous) regards others.

We need to upgrade on the pitch and most certainly off it.

First para says LCFC 'have', whereas the second para says it is 'understood' we have???   WT* is that all about?

Question for anyone with connections at the Club   -  Do we have a PR/Communications team?   If yes, what do they actually do?  Thanks.

Please God I pray the other thread is locked now.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm sorry, maybe i've missed something but why has this taken so long?

I'm sure I don't understand all the workings, the in and out's e.t.c and I don't claim I do but why does our club seem so slow to act on things?

I doubt other clubs would be so lackadaisical, no other club seems to have these problems, they don't seem to anyway.

We're Premier League standard on some things but then League One (That's being generous) regards others.

We need to upgrade on the pitch and most certainly off it.

Can't help feeling that if this had been either of the Manc clubs, Chelsea or Arsenal, that the governing body would have swept it under the carpet, the public wouldn't have heard about it and their player would have made his debut long ago. It may be our fault but I also feel we are too small a club to have sufficient influence when it comes to these sort of issues.

17 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Can't help feeling that if this had been either of the Manc clubs, Chelsea or Arsenal, that the governing body would have swept it under the carpet, the public wouldn't have heard about it and their player would have made his debut long ago. It may be our fault but I also feel we are too small a club to have sufficient influence when it comes to these sort of issues.

I agree with you to a certain extent but a deadlines a deadline, there has to be a line even if it was only 14 seconds over, it was the cut off, we missed it, we put ourselves in this position.

To add to that it's took us 4 weeks to lodge an appeal.

As I said I don't claim to know the in and outs and i'm sure there is lots I don't understand but it's frustrating and quite frankly a joke how badly and slowly we do our dealings.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree with you to a certain extent but a deadlines a deadline, there has to be a line even if it was only 14 seconds over, it was the cut off, we missed it, we put ourselves in this position.

To add to that it's took us 4 weeks to lodge an appeal.

As I said I don't claim to know the in and outs and i'm sure there is lots I don't understand but it's frustrating and quite frankly a joke how badly and slowly we do our dealings.

I was in no way condoning how we handled this, it was piss poor and that's being conservative in my criticism.

3 minutes ago, Worthington said:

John Percy suggesting that the appeal has just been lodged...The club having been consulting lawyers until now.

Would suggest that, having taken nigh on a month to decide to go ahead with an appeal, the club aren't that confident of winning it !

Maybe it's taken that long to get the brown envelopes into the right hands

Archived