Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City submit appeal to Fifa in bid to complete £25m Adrien Silva signing

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We are talking about a 'football' issue here not a criminal dispute. The FA turn around decisions/appeals in days over belated red-card incidents.   Someone at the Club has screwed up- fact.  And the reason we do not understand anything is because the Club have made no statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've just proved my point when you've written 'someone at the club has screwed up fact' ! It's not fact and you don't know. For all you know anything Leicester end might have been sent 20 minutes early and there may have been equipment malfunction, we don't know. We don't know why there was a 2hr extension in the first place. It could be absolutely anything.  If there was a delay anyway, bearing mind the bill for this deal is  £22m it's no wonder with all the vagaries and brinkmanship things are tight, better to have no deal than a bad one when your spending that kind of money. Sellers know there's a deadline and milk the fact.

Also, if the club doesn't feel it's right to make a statement it's there perogative. It's nice to know not a need to know,  it's just gossip for supporters. The owners are quite rightly keeping there powder dry until something is concrete, there not going to predudice their hand for the sake of some poxy supporter knowing the latest. 

I can think of two reasons why the club keep quiet on this 

1. We fuched up... perhaps coz the guy at sporting put the price up last minute 

2. We have clear evidence that its not our fault but dont want to rub fifas nose in it.

Point 2 raises this issue as to if fifa should be the arbitrator if there is a claim that they may be at fault.... but that's fifa for you

So.. i dont know for sure either... but i suspect it is 1.  

Even so some pages ago i said that managing the communications and media in any crisis us key.  The club has failed to do this.

Nb i was taken to task for using the word crisis... but i think it fits now

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You've just proved my point when you've written 'someone at the club has screwed up fact' ! It's not fact and you don't know. For all you know anything Leicester end might have been sent 20 minutes early and there may have been equipment malfunction, we don't know. We don't know why there was a 2hr extension in the first place. It could be absolutely anything.  If there was a delay anyway, bearing mind the bill for this deal is  £22m it's no wonder with all the vagaries and brinkmanship things are tight, better to have no deal than a bad one when your spending that kind of money. Sellers know there's a deadline and milk the fact.

Also, if the club doesn't feel it's right to make a statement it's there perogative. It's nice to know not a need to know,  it's just gossip for supporters. The owners are quite rightly keeping there powder dry until something is concrete, there not going to predudice their hand for the sake of some poxy supporter knowing the latest. 

I refuse to waste time responding to this given the throw away insult at the end... no wait I will respond ' Sounds like bollocks'

16 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree with you to a certain extent but a deadlines a deadline, there has to be a line even if it was only 14 seconds over, it was the cut off, we missed it, we put ourselves in this position.

To add to that it's took us 4 weeks to lodge an appeal.

As I said I don't claim to know the in and outs and i'm sure there is lots I don't understand but it's frustrating and quite frankly a joke how badly and slowly we do our dealings.

Or maybe common sense should prevail.

14 seconds.

What would be better for the player, clubs, fans and football?

FIFA have proven to be so corrupt that a bit of goodwill should have been welcomed.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I can think of two reasons why the club keep quiet on this 

1. We fuched up... perhaps coz the guy at sporting put the price up last minute 

2. We have clear evidence that its not our fault but dont want to rub fifas nose in it.

Point 2 raises this issue as to if fifa should be the arbitrator if there is a claim that they may be at fault.... but that's fifa for you

So.. i dont know for sure either... but i suspect it is 1.  

Even so some pages ago i said that managing the communications and media in any crisis us key.  The club has failed to do this.

Nb i was taken to task for using the word crisis... but i think it fits now

The last thing the Club should do is conduct very delicate negotiations in public. I suspect they are in fact managing the communications aspect very tightly, & successfully.

Archived