Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City submit appeal to Fifa in bid to complete £25m Adrien Silva signing

I find the suggestion that we have been 'consulting lawyers' for over 3 weeks difficult to understand.  Legal firms are used to dealing with tight deadlines - it's evident whoever has been consulted cannot have been instructed to treat as urgent. The only explanation I can think of is that advice is there no chance of winning an appeal, but that would not make sense from messages coming from City. I wish Rudkin et al would be prepared to provide answers...before 1 January

Has John Rudkin as Director of Football ever made any public statement.

One would assume this falls directly into his remit, either him or Andrew Neville Football Operations Director.

It's fair enough keeping the 'business side ' of the club under wraps but I feel that as this is a football related matter some statement from a Senior Official should be made to the fans.

The delay (even if the appeal went in last week) is intereresting. I can't think the club would want to lodge an appeal if they weren't convinced of success. 

One view is that the club have been in contact with FIFA re the prospective appeal with a view to receiving advice to its likely outcome. FIFA would not want to deny a player the right to play but at the same time needs to  protect its rules and regulations re deadlines. Perhaps FIFA are as keen to ensure a successful appeal as we are but need to ensure that the reasons for success are easy to justify to an audience keen to see 'brown envelopes' where they don't exist. 

The other side of the coin is that the club waited for a positive response from FIFA before appealing but once they realised that none would be forthcoming they have launched the appeal with nothing to lose.

given my earlier track record on this subject I fear the latter !!

46 minutes ago, Worthington said:

John Percy suggesting that the appeal has just been lodged...The club having been consulting lawyers until now.

Would suggest that, having taken nigh on a month to decide to go ahead with an appeal, the club aren't that confident of winning it !

I don’t know things in law take times Leicester’s lawyers and I’m sure they will be the dogs doo dahs rather than the old high st lawyer have made sure they’ve crossed every Subsection of football law made sure they’ve followed FIFA’s own regulations investigated the facts and time frames of the original paperwork going through, They’ve also surely consulted with the Fa and sporting gathering evidence which takes time before saying to Leicester we're ready to appeal I’m sure they’ve left no stone unturned !

And I really hope fifa are compassionate on Silvas career as they are supposed to look after players well being along with their career and I’m really hoping that they air on the side of common sense and allow us to register the lad and get him playing again !!

And if that doesn’t work maybe we should send Negan round with Lucille to crack a few fifa heads !!

6F415626-7556-427D-97DE-38A8D3150961.jpeg

I can just imagine how the next Chelsea game gonna be.

clocks winds down to the last minute of extra time, Maguire picks an amazing 60 yard pass to Silva and he finds himself facing 1 Chelsea player to beat for the goal, that 1 is drinky! he looks straight into Drinkwater's eyes and says:

Silva: "you feigned an injury!"

fake shot to the left

"You handed in a transfer request on deadline day"

fake shot to the right

"you took my friends"

Body faint

"You took everything that was dear to me"

Drinkwater: ".............?"

The ref holds his whistle preparing to end the game

Silva: "I can't get them back! But I can do this for my friends, I CAN DO THIS FOR MY TEAMMATES"

silva goes for the shot, the ball left his foot like a rocket, rattling the net with silva hearing a sound whispering on the back of his mind,              "agueroooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

the ref blows his whistle, silva looks at vardy and say, in a exhausted voice, "vards, I did it".

silva faints and falls to the ground after he gave it his all

Final score:

Chelsea 8-1 Leicester

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm sorry, maybe i've missed something but why has this taken so long?

I'm sure I don't understand all the workings, the in and out's e.t.c and I don't claim I do but why does our club seem so slow to act on things?

I doubt other clubs would be so lackadaisical, no other club seems to have these problems, not as many, to the extent we do anyway.

We're Premier League standard on some things but then League One (That's being generous) regards others.

We need to upgrade on the pitch and most certainly off it.

I was about to pretty much post this word for word.

33 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I find the suggestion that we have been 'consulting lawyers' for over 3 weeks difficult to understand.  Legal firms are used to dealing with tight deadlines - it's evident whoever has been consulted cannot have been instructed to treat as urgent. The only explanation I can think of is that advice is there no chance of winning an appeal, but that would not make sense from messages coming from City. I wish Rudkin et al would be prepared to provide answers...before 1 January

Nooooo... tight deadlines are generally to bide further time in which to build a solid case.

This is messy. Fifa rule football however there is a bigger power and thats the common law. I have a high level understanding of EU employment law and this will come in to play if the FIFA appeal is rejected. Essentially FIFA could stop the registration of a player however if this leaves the man in a state of limbo with no actual employer, as is being reported, this would be discriminatory and would have good grounds to overturn the ruling. It coudl actually be a groundbreaking case if it ran the full course. I beleive FIFA will cave though as it would be further bad press for their reputation.

12 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t know things in law take times Leicester’s lawyers and I’m sure they will be the dogs doo dahs rather than the old high st lawyer have made sure they’ve crossed every Subsection of football law made sure they’ve followed FIFA’s own regulations investigated the facts and time frames of the original paperwork going through, They’ve also surely consulted with the Fa and sporting gathering evidence which takes time before saying to Leicester we're ready to appeal I’m sure they’ve left no stone unturned !

And I really hope fifa are compassionate on Silvas career as they are supposed to look after players well being along with their career and I’m really hoping that they air on the side of common sense and allow us to register the lad and get him playing again !!

And if that doesn’t work maybe we should send Negan round with Lucille to crack a few fifa heads !!

Totally agree. Law takes time. If a solid LAW case is being filed then it will not be rushed. The fact an appeal has been lodged would mean we do have confidence. If you're going to react to an argument tou want to have everything in front of you to support that argument, hence the delay.

38 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He might not be able to say anything whilst a (legal) matter is still ongoing.

Well he could say that then as he's not legally our player he shouldn't be leaving it to Shakey to comment on.

1 minute ago, Aeropars said:

Not really. Liger around at your old club or linger at your would-be new club where you will play in 3 months?!

Have you seen him photographed at any SCP games?  He is training with our sports science team. If we had any ideas about arguing he wasn't necessarily our responsibility then he wouldn't be seen within half a mile of the KP directors box, belvoir drive or the tunnel area. 

Archived