Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Appleton- Temporary Boss

Let’s see what happens. Have a feeling he’ll fuch himself by being conservative and pick the same lineup and tactics. Keep him around til the new manager bounce ends if it offers us the luxury of taking more time to get it right with the permanent appointment. 

Average at Blackpool and Blackburn. Left both around the 60 day mark I believe. 

However, I personally think he did a very good job with Oxford. A couple of FA Trophy finals, promotion as well. 

Wasn't he the Manchester United  Youth Team captain around the time of the class of 92’? Or did I dream that? 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Average at Blackpool and Blackburn. Left both around the 60 day mark I believe. 

However, I personally think he did a very good job with Oxford. A couple of FA Trophy finals, promotion as well. 

Wasn't he the Manchester United  Youth Team captain around the time of the class of 92’? Or did I dream that? 

Nobody could succeed at those two clubs. 

He might be shit, but people slating him by association is just wrong. He's got more managerial experience than CS and got his last club promoted!

14 hours ago, davieG said:

Bet he's glad he left Oxford 

My thoughts too. Yes, he'll get a large pay-off, presumably, when he leaves but it's put a boulder in his career path.

His decision to leave Oxford to become assistant to Shakespeare reminded me very much of when Steve Cotterill quit as Stoke Manager a few months into his tenure to become assistant to Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland. That was a terrible and inexplicable move which set his career back years. I remember every time a job vacancy occurred after that the Stoke fans would be on the message-boards with "don't touch Quitterell" comments.

Mind, I don't know why there's quite so much vitriol against Appleton on here. I'd be astonished if he got the job but unlike Shakespeare he has considerable management experience.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yeah and I'm sure that's all his fault. He's not the manager the decisions rest with CS not him.

Trouble is, for me, why would he be any better? He has been assisting the manager who has failed. The manager went to him, presumably, for ideas/tactics etc. Surely an assistant can't be any better than the man who failed.

Also Appleton's only decent spell was in charge of Oxford. He did really well with them but other than that nothing. 

I'm hoping he comes up with something different on Saturday but I can't see it. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Yeah and I'm sure that's all his fault. He's not the manager the decisions rest with CS not him.

It's apparently a Leicester fan thing to wildly overcredit the assistant for everything that happens :dry:

He's not really qualified for this job but I'm assuming it's gonna be a short term thing. I can never understand why teams don't have someone lined up though, did they really only decide to sack him on Monday night? What were they doing for the two weeks before that?

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Trouble is, for me, why would he be any better? He has been assisting the manager who has failed. The manager went to him, presumably, for ideas/tactics etc. Surely an assistant can't be any better than the man who failed.

Also Appleton's only decent spell was in charge of Oxford. He did really well with them but other than that nothing. 

I'm hoping he comes up with something different on Saturday but I can't see it. 

We have no idea what the manager did or didn't do in terms of involving him or his ideas, that's the point. 

People slating someone In those circumstances is just ridiculous. Especially when it's for a couple of games and the other option is what? Top picking the team?

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

We have no idea what the manager did or didn't do in terms of involving him or his ideas, that's the point. 

People slating someone In those circumstances is just ridiculous. Especially when it's for a couple of games and the other option is what? Top picking the team?

Babylon..you have posted a few times on this topic...

Every Single one a winner...

I dont understand like you, why some fans are jumping up with presumptions and creating a negative argument on them.

We are in a deep-hole   has it is, then so called fans wanting to grab a spade and dig deeper.

Appletons appointment was a good move, the historonics aftrerwards I doubt he had any part of it.

Whether he can now stand up, and hold up his side, by helping us find Some stability  in this twighlight zone,

of being caretakermanager/coach

Remains to be seen, but why not..!!!

He needs now support from the terraces, and not dozos spouting Off useless Statements.

I wish him well, lets see if he can tweek somethings, that gets the players pulling together, and

producing on the field.

We should get off Appletons back and get behind him....if successfull we gain, a potential good coach,

to back up the new guy if still required...

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Mainly because we've gone backwards ever since he joined

We were going backwards well before then. We've been going backwards since we won the title, with a short respite of 'new manager bounce' when Shakespeare got appointed.

Even 5 games into his reign we begun to regress again, performances were getting poorer before we started losing.

I wouldn't touch Appleton with a ten foot clown pole in terms of the permanent appointment, but it's farfetched to blame him for any downward spiral or suggest he'll be a disastrous temporary appointment.

Taking the way we've been playing into account, and the fact he'll likely be in charge for 2 or 3 matches, it's hardly an issue.

17 minutes ago, filbertstreet said:

imagine him as manager, wasyl as assistant, absolutely terrifying

I think they should fight it out to see who is our next boss. Half time entertainment at next home game, maybe?

Archived