Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Appleton- Temporary Boss

None of us have a clue if he's any good as a manager or an assistant manger for that matter. It's not exactly revolutionary to sack a manager and keep his assistant in post while a new manager is being found so I'm not sure why some are so surprised. If anything it makes sense to keep Appleton in the short term.

Seems a lot of people are dismissing him as incapable based on the fact he's a big guy with some tattoos. Maybe I'm mental but that doesn't seem to be the best criteria for judging whether or not he's any good at his job. 

Not sure what the size of his biceps has to do with his managerial abilities. At least he looks like the kind of bloke that won't take any schit. Maybe he'll ruffle a few feathers in the team this weekend and changeup the tactics. 3 at the back might have been his suggestion on Monday.

Let's see what happens. But let's get behind him.

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Obvious he'd be caretaker, but iirc he's bombed out of three jobs above league one (Pompey, Blackpool, Blackburn) after two months; suggesting he's not cut out to manage at this level longer than us finding a new manager.

Take a pill doc...

I aint coming to your surgery..:unsure:

We used to treasure this name, under the name Colin Appleton...might be a good omen.

Also like his modern namesake...well built lad with an hardstreak.

Great Partnership with Mclintock/Ian King, and up there with one of our best Captains.

one of the legendary " ice kings"

You never know....

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

None of us have a clue if he's any good as a manager or an assistant manger for that matter. It's not exactly revolutionary to sack a manager and keep his assistant in post while a new manager is being found so I'm not sure why some are so surprised. If anything it makes sense to keep Appleton in the short term.

Seems a lot of people are dismissing him as incapable based on the fact he's a big guy with some tattoos. Maybe I'm mental but that doesn't seem to be the best criteria for judging whether or not he's any good at his job. 

come off it mate....this is foxestalk.  

of course he is gonna be judged and branded a failure based in no information whatsoever.

Archived