Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coalvillefox

Shakey back as number 2???

56 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The only way i see it being possible is being number 2 to Pearson

Or Big Sam bearing in mind Sam selected him as a coach/No.2 with England.

I don’t see Sam being interested in the job though.

Apparently he didn't see eye to eye with Rudkin so I doubt he would come back here ...    although joining up with Nige would be good.   Rudkin HAS to go but it seems the Thais love him ....   weird really when all that has happened is under his control (Including recruitment of players, letting players go, and appointment of managers)  ...     go figure.   

As well as he did here as a coach I can't see it working if he came back as number 2. We need a new approach to the team and the way we play now. Out with the old, in with the new.

I'd have thought he was more likely to join Pearson as his sidekick in Belgium. In fact I think that's the real reason he was fired. :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If I was sacked as manager and offered a demotion, I would find that humiliating and wouldn't be interested. Shakey should move on. He's an excellent coach and will get a job very quickly elsewhere.

Exactly this.

It's like dating a girl who you've been friends with for years. Once you cross that line from friend to lover there's no going back to being a friend when the lovers bit doesn't work out.

It's only natural Shakey would have some resentment for the new manager and a bit of schadenfreude if the new manager made a pig's ear out of it. The new manager probably wouldn't be comfortable having him around either.

1 hour ago, Simi said:

We need to clear the decks of previous regimes now. Too much has changed with players and staff coming and going to try and cling on to that setup.

Time for whoever comes in to come in with their own ideas and people.

Absolutely this. I think part of our problem since our title win, has been stubbornly sticking to the exact same formula no matter what. You can't really blame Claudio or Shakey for this, but it is clear that we will never be able to achieve what we did or even compete for top 8 with this tired and one dimensional formula.

We need a completely fresh start. A clean sweep of backroom staff and a team with new ideas so we can start writing a new chapter. We have a very talented squad, an owner that isn't afraid to spend and a great fan base. I am actually excited at this change and the possibilities going forward. Just hope the owners make the right decision. 

Shakey needs to move on. He'll be in demand so would be back soon if he wants it.

After all he's had to contend with and the years of service I'd advise him to take a break for a while.God knows none of us expected his time here to be so eventful.

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We need a complete change.  From DoF/Scouting/Recruitment/First Team Manager plus Coaching Staff (Including Goal Keeping) . The U23's and Academy may have to wait until the front end is sorted.  Filbert can stay.

Dont get the change for a goalkeeping coach. Stowell has done a great job but totally agree with rest. Fresh eyes but lets hope we get a coaching team for the long term. 

Shakey might prefer the number 2 job to the manager's job after what he's experienced over the past few months.

If that's the case, he'll most likely go off to Belgium to do so, rather than join whoever we decide to get in.

9 hours ago, FIF said:

As well as he did here as a coach I can't see it working if he came back as number 2. We need a new approach to the team and the way we play now. Out with the old, in with the new.

I'd have thought he was more likely to join Pearson as his sidekick in Belgium. In fact I think that's the real reason he was fired. :ph34r:

Big pay off makes him financially secure plus gets to do the role he likes doing. Maybe that was the plan all along.

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Apparently he didn't see eye to eye with Rudkin so I doubt he would come back here ...    although joining up with Nige would be good.   Rudkin HAS to go but it seems the Thais love him ....   weird really when all that has happened is under his control (Including recruitment of players, letting players go, and appointment of managers)  ...     go figure.   

Pumpkin didn't see eye to eye with NP and guess who went 

Archived