Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coalvillefox

Shakey back as number 2???

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, apologies if it has. I read somewhere yesterday that if Big Sam comes in as Manager, he may consider bringing Shakey in as his number two. This raises several questions, such as: 

Would the club have him back?

Would he want to come back?

Do the fans want him back?

I, for one, would welcome him back with open arms.

We need to clear the decks of previous regimes now. Too much has changed with players and staff coming and going to try and cling on to that setup.

Time for whoever comes in to come in with their own ideas and people.

We need a complete change.  From DoF/Scouting/Recruitment/First Team Manager plus Coaching Staff (Including Goal Keeping) . The U23's and Academy may have to wait until the front end is sorted.  Filbert can stay.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We need a complete change.  From DoF/Scouting/Recruitment/First Team Manager plus Coaching Staff (Including Goal Keeping) . The U23's and Academy may have to wait until the front end is sorted.  Filbert can stay.

I was getting worried for a second

I think it'd be a mistake to keep him on as coach. I may be wrong but I feel we've had a big problem since winning the league in bedding in new players and giving them game time and that could be down to Shakespeare (and Claudio) being far too loyal to those that won us the league. They're largely been in-droppable. I think we need a clean start and someone to come in who isn't afraid to drop players, tell them when they've been awful and move towards a new style of play/system.

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

15 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

I was getting worried for a second

Can we bring back Vicky and Cousin Dennis too?

6 minutes ago, wasthedestroyer said:

Doubt he will come back. Bet he feels cheated by the backroom staff.

He was used as a major scapegoat (yet again with another manager) after a poor transfer window.

That's football. If you're the manager that's the risk you take. I'm sure he'll get a big fat pay check.

Just now, dylanlegend said:

That's football. If you're the manager that's the risk you take. I'm sure he'll get a big fat pay check.

Very true.

I just think we need a shake up starting at the top (bar the owners obviously) and get some fresh blood into the board as the current board & DOF etc are a laughing stock

Its interesting that the club said he'd be welcome back as a professional.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the owners will try and reunite Pearson, Shakey and hopefully Walsh by the end of the season. Pearson being at Leuven screams something is in the works behind the scenes imo

If I was sacked as manager and offered a demotion, I would find that humiliating and wouldn't be interested. Shakey should move on. He's an excellent coach and will get a job very quickly elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If I was sacked as manager and offered a demotion, I would find that humiliating and wouldn't be interested. Shakey should move on. He's an excellent coach and will get a job very quickly elsewhere.

If I was sacked 'partially' due to being fitted up by a senior staff member running the Football side of things, I would never come back!!!

Archived