Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I think of it like this:

Nige built the greatest car in the world with his two hands.

Ranieri started the car up for the first time.

Ranieri then smashed it into a massive tree in the middle of a field for no reason at all.

Shakespeare turns up in his pickup to recover the mess.

Shakespeare drives 100 yards forward then whacks it into reverse and smashes into the tree again.

Appleton turns up with his massive arms and carries the car to the garage.

The point I'm making is the car was built by Nige and that was 99% of the work.

Well, you're thinking of it wrong.

Nigel built a ford focus, Ranieri made it into a Lamborghini and managed to win a Formula 1 race with it.

Or, as someone else put it, he won the Grand National on a cat.

NP has a great history at this club, but I would not want him back. We are at the end of an era of the club's history with Shakey going, and it's time to make a new start. Bringing back NP would just drag out the inevitable; the departure or retirement of the remainder of the title winning squad. I do like the idea of him coming in and having a clear out, as that's his specialty... but the time has been and gone.

You'd think this guy won a trophy with us or took us into the top 6 but I remember us finishing 14th. FOURTEENTH. With a squad that was evidently better than that.

Can't people accept that he was good at building a club up from the ground but that he's not tactically astute to make the most of it at a higher level?

This is surely glaringly obvious. I swear the only people who think he won us the league are about 12.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Did you see the way he THROTTLED James McCarthur and then told someone he was like AN OSTRICH?

What a BARBARIC HUMAN BEING!!!!!!1

I've never met the bloke personally and I don't know anyone that has, but that article in the Mail said he was a right dickhead! 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've never met the bloke personally and I don't know anyone that has, but that article in the Mail said he was a right dickhead! 

I heard he went on a walk and poked the eyes out of wild animals!!

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've met Nige many times. As heroic as I always imagined. Got plenty of photos with the great man, probably got to the point where he was bored of it.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You'd think this guy won a trophy with us or took us into the top 6 but I remember us finishing 14th. FOURTEENTH. With a squad that was evidently better than that.

Can't people accept that he was good at building a club up from the ground but that he's not tactically astute to make the most of it at a higher level?

This is surely glaringly obvious. I swear the only people who think he won us the league are about 12.

Chill out, 14th with that team was decent and most on here would have taken it, especially given our 10 year absence from the PL

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If CR joined Southampton next summer, do you think he could win the league with them? Genuine question. 

Would united/liverpool/Arsenal/Man City ever have such a shit season again ? 

Spurs were our only genuine challenager and that says everything 

we had a perfect storm 

Nigel laid a good foundation (but he was tactically found out in EPL) Claudio built a fortress on those foundations and our misfit bunch of reject players (nearly all were rejected by other clubs) had the season of a lifetime each and every one of them 

so is you can replicate that Perfect storm for Southampton then I could manage them to win the EPL never mind CR 

it was a one off 5000/1 shot and it came in ... it was freaky and a miracle and that’s what makes it so special to have been part of , MAGIC 

17 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

we had a perfect storm 

Nigel laid a good foundation (but he was tactically found out in EPL) Claudio built a fortress on those foundations and our misfit bunch of reject players (nearly all were rejected by other clubs) had the season of a lifetime each and every one of them 

so is you can replicate that Perfect storm for Southampton then I could manage them to win the EPL never mind CR 

it was a one off 5000/1 shot and it came in ... it was freaky and a miracle and that’s what makes it so special to have been part of , MAGIC 

Saying other teams were shit is disrespectful. We won the league by 10 points and lost 3 games all season. Fvck me, Chelsea lost about 5 games last season - including games against Spurs, Arsenal and Utd.

Nigel did lay a great foundation but there's no way Leicester City should have finished top 4 never mind actually win the thing. Spurs had a superb season and Arsenal finished runners up for the first time since 2005.

The only genuine challenger last season was Spurs..... so did Chelsea have a perfect storm too?

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

we had a perfect storm 

so basically you're saying in one sentence that CR takes all the credit then in the next you're saying anyone could have won it because of the 'perfect storm' lol

Also, if anyone could have won the title that year, becase the top teams were so poorthen why didn't Southampton, Everton, West Brom or Stoke - more established teams than us - take advantage?

Basically, your argument contradicts itself and makes little to no sense. Face it NP > CR.

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Would like him back as DoF to sort out the clubs infrastructure again after Ranieri decimated it, but a definite no as manger from me.

I love these hypothetical theories bollox.  Ranieri did not decimate the clubs infrastructure.  If you want to blame someone blame Rudkin.  Same rumours as the players and the likes of Shakespeare wanted Ranieri out because they didn't like him and he took their favourite dishes i.e Chicken nuggets and chips off the lunchtime menu at the training ground.  It depends on who you want to believe.

In regards to this thread we need a clear out starting with Rudkin, all the backroom staff and Appleton.  We need a new man at the helm with new ideas and his backroom staff to give us fresh impetus in moving us forward.

10 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I love these hypothetical theories bollox.  Ranieri did not decimate the clubs infrastructure.  If you want to blame someone blame Rudkin.  Same rumours as the players and the likes of Shakespeare wanted Ranieri out because they didn't like him and he took their favourite dishes i.e Chicken nuggets and chips off the lunchtime menu at the training ground.  It depends on who you want to believe.

In regards to this thread we need a clear out starting with Rudkin, all the backroom staff and Appleton.  We need a new man at the helm with new ideas and his backroom staff to give us fresh impetus in moving us forward.

More than a Hypothetical theory. Have a read of this....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/24/revealed-inside-story-claudio-ranieris-leicester-city-sacking/

9 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I remember lots of 'don't go back' comments in 2011 and felt this sentiment undermined people's arguments back then too. A forward-thinking ex-manager is more of a step forward than a backward-thinking new manager.

I'd love to see Pearson back one day and I'm sure he'd look to the future again, try to craft a new side which - like the last one - reflects his own drive, discipline and belief.

However I doubt the time is right. He's closely tied to those same players who've badly let themselves down since winning the title, as opposed to the newer players who've had to do all of the adapting, while veterans do precious little in the way of accommodating them. His old management team is unlikely to reunite, now at least, and he hasn't settled on a new one yet. He's finding his feet again in the game and if that goes well, a year or two from now he may be the perfect man again.

For me, he's the guy you bring in if it's gone horribly wrong and you have the time, patience and undeniable need to build a brand new project. Right now, though, we need a guy who can work with our existing squad and look for new solutions, with a ready-to-roll management team, until he can begin reshaping the team, 10 or 12 games from now. If we get it wrong, we could be practically relegated by then.

Best sentence I've read in here.

If anyone can point me to a time Pearson took us backwards I'm all ears.

we can't keep having Pearson like a boomerang always coming back everytime you throw him away! the club at some point needs a fresh start from the past. Pearson was great and it's brilliant to look back on things nostalgically but isn't always healthy when you are trying to take the club forward!.

Archived