Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

If it was to happen (which I doubt), I wonder how genuine Leuven fans would take it? 

Would also imply lack of care for their club on king power's part.

when you do a few bits with a bird way out of your league because you know she’s after a rebound and she bells you up after a few weeks an says yer mate my old fella’s sorted his head out now, see you around, you can’t really get angry. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

when you do a few bits with a bird way out of your league because you know she’s after a rebound and she bells you up after a few weeks an says yer mate my old fella’s sorted his head out now, see you around, you can’t really get angry. 

Nice way of putting it lol

I highly rate Pearson and think he would do a good job for us but a big part of thinks it would paint us in a bad light asking him back again.

its not exactly showing we are moving in the right direction if we keep asking for the same manager back when things go wrong is it. 

Just now, davelcfc100 said:

I highly rate Pearson and think he would do a good job for us but a big part of thinks it would paint us in a bad light asking him back again.

its not exactly showing we are moving in the right direction if we keep asking for the same manager back when things go wrong is it. 

Yes but it would be interesting to see who gets the first headbutt in training this time !

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

1000000% yes. best thing to happen to LCFC in years. Anyone who says no (50% of voters, what the hell) have short memories, or delusions of grandeur. Shame it won't happen.  

Surely winning the league was the best thing ever?

Would rather have MON back. 

I’d like to remind everyone who has posted a ‘need to move forward’ comment: No one has moved this club further forward than Nigel Pearson. 

I don’t see any of the names we’ve realistically been linked with, taking us further than NP.

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Even more than Ranieri? 

Yeah. I can obviously see why people don't agree but more than anything we won the title due to the character of the team built up over years under Pearson. Take nothing away from Ranieri who handled the situation incredibly once he came in but I really feel Pearson did the hard graft over a number of years to get us to that stage

I think of it like this:

Nige built the greatest car in the world with his two hands.

Ranieri started the car up for the first time.

Ranieri then smashed it into a massive tree in the middle of a field for no reason at all.

Shakespeare turns up in his pickup to recover the mess.

Shakespeare drives 100 yards forward then whacks it into reverse and smashes into the tree again.

Appleton turns up with his massive arms and carries the car to the garage.

The point I'm making is the car was built by Nige and that was 99% of the work.

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I think of it like this:

Ranieri then smashed it into a massive tree in the middle of a field for no reason at all.

Shakespeare drives 100 yards forward then whacks it into reverse and smashes into the tree again.

Well said. Now we either start afresh and buy a new car that may not work as well or get the original mechanic Nigel to fix the amazing car.

2 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

I’d like to remind everyone who has posted a ‘need to move forward’ comment: No one has moved this club further forward than Nigel Pearson. 

I don’t see any of the names we’ve realistically been linked with, taking us further than NP.

I remember lots of 'don't go back' comments in 2011 and felt this sentiment undermined people's arguments back then too. A forward-thinking ex-manager is more of a step forward than a backward-thinking new manager.

I'd love to see Pearson back one day and I'm sure he'd look to the future again, try to craft a new side which - like the last one - reflects his own drive, discipline and belief.

However I doubt the time is right. He's closely tied to those same players who've badly let themselves down since winning the title, as opposed to the newer players who've had to do all of the adapting, while veterans do precious little in the way of accommodating them. His old management team is unlikely to reunite, now at least, and he hasn't settled on a new one yet. He's finding his feet again in the game and if that goes well, a year or two from now he may be the perfect man again.

For me, he's the guy you bring in if it's gone horribly wrong and you have the time, patience and undeniable need to build a brand new project. Right now, though, we need a guy who can work with our existing squad and look for new solutions, with a ready-to-roll management team, until he can begin reshaping the team, 10 or 12 games from now. If we get it wrong, we could be practically relegated by then.

6 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I think of it like this:

Yes - but we need an MOT carried out by another (new) Mechanic using the up to-date handbook.

11 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Can only imagine the press conferences should he return.

'So NIgel just about that last team bonding trip in Thailand...'

Well, the lads got on very well. Some of them like to be tied up for a long time like the useless piece of meat they are.... oh, you said BONDING. 

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I think of it like this:

Yeah but he's crap with the media and has NO RESPECT!!!!11!111!!!!11

9 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Except Ranieri.

It's like the bloke who won us a 5,000-1 league title never existed. I hate our fans.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah but he's crap with the media and has NO RESPECT!!!!11!111!!!!11

Did you see the way he THROTTLED James McCarthur and then told someone he was like AN OSTRICH?

What a BARBARIC HUMAN BEING!!!!!!1

Archived