Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

it's no secret I'm a big Fan of Pearson for the way he organized our Club from a Shambles to a top outfit, off the pitch. But like any Man he has his flaws and needs to recognize that.

I do believe he would get us back on the right track. although he's not good enough as a Coach for the level the Owners are looking to take us. If he was to come back it should only be with the assistance of a top young Coach who's on the way up. Maybe with a view to replacing him a few years time.

Do I think it will happen, No I don't?  But then nothing surprises me in Football anymore.

13 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

i didn't say we were a top 6 team, I said we should be aiming to be a comfortable mid table team and maybe have a go at the cups and try and get in Europe. With the money we have and the players we have that is achievable. Why should we just accept being a relegation threatened team when we can be more than that if we make the right appointment. The outside the top 6 the prem really isn't that strong and i feel we have a squad better than most, we just need a manager who can get the best out of our players and add one or two new faces as well as silva in jan. If we make the right appointment we could finish between 7th and 10th easy. Make the wrong appointment and we will be in a relegation battle. The margins really are that fine! 

It wasnt c actually a dig at you...there are the ones who EXPECT, and thats what is  wrong.

This post I couldnt agree more, we need to drive forward our ambition should be set high.

1st priority though is to get some decent performances behind us on a continual Considtent basis, even 

When drpping points.

13 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Huh? I don't understand this comment?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Pearson fan. I will always have great memories from all he did for the club. I still like the bloke now, however we need to move on, find a new direction now. The old guard have now more or less gone, so it's time for a fresh approach now and bring back the stability that Pearson brought in his time here. 

The club itself is different from when Pearson was last here. If he did come back there wouldn't be any Shakey or Walsh so he'll have to build a new backroom staff and would it be as good as when he was last here?

Agree...

But he wouldnt of lost any of those Skills, hes a born, rebuilder troubleshooter, with a cv to boot.Like all experienced people

you dont forget.Obviously in football, in his situation the question (but still only theoritical)are there the personelle out there,

to meet the needs.

Unlike some, I believe he could get us at least a stable  top 8, inside these 2 years, then the big push.

More importantly, IMO its now and the near future he Would kick start  the season and keep us from

a continual relegation dogfight...

In the end on choice, its only down to ones own opinion and belief of what any particular individual,

can do...There have been some silly posts and lost reality, but in general the post  for and against, have all shown reasonable arguments..

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Wanting Pearson to return is just looking backwards just like those who wanted O'Neill to come back, move on!!

Was it 'just looking backwards' in 2011? I thought we went further forwards thereafter than ever in our history, though lots of people told us that it was a step backwards. It seemed an incredibly basic argument back then to say that a very radical manager with lots of new ideas, who just happened to have been at the club in the past (and done a pretty good job too) represented a step backwards. And it was proven wrong.

The main argument for going for someone other than Pearson is that now isn't the moment to look as radically forwards as Pearson tends to. We need a guy who can get the whole squad on board (Pearson's affiliations with our longer-serving players could be an issue there) and achieve stability, solidity in the short term.

But if you want a revolution, to build a squad from scratch, to forge a new team of young players full of potential, then the guy who did it last time is already employed by our owners, and in the past he's had no trouble with moving on guys who were his own stalwarts in the past (see Gallagher, Oakley, Berner, Weale, Howard etc.). Pearson is the opposite of a move backwards, it just might be that he's too extreme a step forwards right now.

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Well, you're thinking of it wrong.

Nigel built a ford focus, Ranieri made it into a Lamborghini and managed to win a Formula 1 race with it.

Or, as someone else put it, he won the Grand National on a cat.

Lets put the Nige v Ranieri thing to one side for just a second. In addition to thinking that you know everything and anyone that disagrees with your point is 'wrong', the fact that you have such a lack of gratitude and respect toward the man that took us from the lowest point in our history and lead us to finish 14th in our first season in the PL within just a few seasons, shows exactly the type of person you are. For this reason any personal opinion you share regarding Leicester City FC are invalid to me - I can not take you seriously as a supporter of this club.

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

we can't keep having Pearson like a boomerang always coming back everytime you throw him away! the club at some point needs a fresh start from the past. Pearson was great and it's brilliant to look back on things nostalgically but isn't always healthy when you are trying to take the club forward!.

People are talking about taking the club forward and moving on without really reflecting on what that means.

I remember this great chap called Craig Levein who didn't want to work with any of the dead wood from the Adams era and very quickly moved them on. That was a fresh start. And a few years before that we had another great chap called Peter Taylor who wanted to brush aside all of these tired old veterans from the O'Neill era. Fast forward a few years and we had this lousy side who'd only managed to climb up from the third tier to the second tier play-offs, and this world class manager called Sven breezed in, cleared the decks, and gave us another fresh start.

Sometimes you need to move forward and fast, and have the time, resources and opportunity to do so. At other times it's not the right thing, or just not viable.

The new boss will have 11-13 games before he can make any sort of change to the squad. Nearly a full season before he can introduce a fresh start. He has to work with the past, rather than the future. Now I feel Pearson may be too closely associated with a powerful minority of players to be as effective as he might be, and I feel he will need patience to introduce the sort of radical change he favours - so the issue with him is that he'd take us forward more than we need to be taken forward.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that he's been at the club in the past, or that he'd send us back into a long-forgotten, dark old era. People are speaking as if the last time we 'went back' it all went horribly wrong. It didn't. And it wasn't a step backwards either. The argument falls apart before it even begins.

Time to move on from the title winners and the links to it. We need a new identity and get out of our comfort zone by living on past glories.

I want us to bring in a leftfield coach who has a clear plan on the football he wants to be played and maybe he's cut his teeth in Portugal or Argentina and hasn't been given a chance in a bigger league yet. If it's someone like Pardew I'll swear I'll torch the fucking KP. :dry:

Lets get someone who believes he can challenge the top six with the budget at his disposal. Look at Pochettino who has built Tottenham probably with a net outlay of nothing. We should be scouring the world for someone like that. 

Just as an example from two minutes of google. This guy is 44 and managed in Argentina since 2012 and then got the Boca Juniors job last year who are now top of their league after winning six from six. Argentinians make decent managers like Bielsa, Pochettino, Simeone, etc. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Barros_Schelotto

I've no idea if this guy is any good but lets at least extensively research people like this as he'd jump at the chance to come here.

Feel that had his son not got into trouble in the owner's native Thailand and Pearson had not protected him, the owners would have considered some consideration whether to bring him back.

Pearson had flaws in his personality such as telling s fan to die and the ostrich comment etc to the press, but had hoped he has learnt from it and understand any potential consequences from these actions that could be arose.

17 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Why would people not want our Nige but want that stoop shouldered gravel throat c unt Dyche who is basically a pound shop Nige who disrespects our club. Makes no sense to me

I’d have him back as D of F.

That would be good enough; not manager though he’s a nutter who is tactically retarded I believe.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I’d have him back as D of F.

That would be good enough; not manager though he’s a nutter who is tactically retarded I believe.

So you'd want a tactically retarded nutter back as DoF ! ...   lol

(So would I).

Pearson without Walsh and Shakespeare is just not the same. I am not sure he will ever get back to that kind of success he had here.

I honestly think we need a fresh start. Trying to cling onto what made us successful in the past, has not worked. 

New manager and new backroom staff please! 

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Pearson without Walsh and Shakespeare is just not the same. I am not sure he will ever get back to that kind of success he had here.

I honestly think we need a fresh start. Trying to cling onto what made us successful in the past, has not worked. 

New manager and new backroom staff please! 

Wouldn't mind having Chris Powell back, who was popular with the fans.

I firmly believe that we would have still won the prem under NP and would have been in a much better position had he still been with us. We won the prem with the squad he built and the tactics he employed, it would be like starting his work all over again. Shame he was sacked in the first place. Has to be the greatest manager we have had in modern times.

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

I firmly believe that we would have still won the prem under NP and would have been in a much better position had he still been with us. We won the prem with the squad he built and the tactics he employed, it would be like starting his work all over again. Shame he was sacked in the first place. Has to be the greatest manager we have had in modern times.

#WokingHamFoxForManager

No he's been here and done it, time to move onto pastures new. 

Could you imagine another club in the Premier League asking to have a manager back when they've already asked him to come and manage them twice before? I'd see it as comical and a sign that the club don't have a clue as to what they are doing. 

We need a new manager with a big name that can attract decent players, someone who will change our system to suit the players we have and the players they're thinking of bringing in to better us. The problem is who is there that can fulfill that?

Archived