Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

8 minutes ago, adam said:

We played a different formation under Ranieri compared to the great escape. Some short memories on here. People need to forget about Pearson. He won't be back thankfully. 

I’m not bothered if he came back, but we played with the same intensity in the first half of the title winning season as we did in the great escape, and that was our strength. Formations are nothing to do with it, it was about pressing in numbers and quick passing counter attack. From that January we have steadily gone to a kick and rush club, relying on vardy and mahrez to do something.

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

It wasnt c actually a dig at you...there are the ones who EXPECT, and thats what is  wrong.

This post I couldnt agree more, we need to drive forward our ambition should be set high.

1st priority though is to get some decent performances behind us on a continual Considtent basis, even 

When drpping points.

I agree and Nige would do that. But can he make us a regular mid table team pushing towards Europe? I doubt it. This appointment needs to be right if we are to move forward and not just get someone in for the short term. We need to think long term and need someone who can really push us on. We need a complete overhaul at the club throughout the whole backroom team so we need a fresh face who has had no ties with the club or the people at the club.  Someone who can come in and bring a whole new team with them. We don't want to be that team changing managers every season, we need a fresh new approach and new ideas. Just my opinion though and im sure many others will disagree 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He didn’t sign Kante, Amartey, Benelouane, Gray, Dyer or Inler did he?!? 

we were already in talks for Kantè before Nige left, in fact it’s was Ranieri that didn’t want to sign Kantè.

Yes he didn’t sign the other players you listed, they were Ranieri, but the vast majority of them have flopped.

On 10/19/2017 at 14:00, inckley fox said:

Was it 'just looking backwards' in 2011? I thought we went further forwards thereafter than ever in our history, though lots of people told us that it was a step backwards. It seemed an incredibly basic argument back then to say that a very radical manager with lots of new ideas, who just happened to have been at the club in the past (and done a pretty good job too) represented a step backwards. And it was proven wrong.

The main argument for going for someone other than Pearson is that now isn't the moment to look as radically forwards as Pearson tends to. We need a guy who can get the whole squad on board (Pearson's affiliations with our longer-serving players could be an issue there) and achieve stability, solidity in the short term.

But if you want a revolution, to build a squad from scratch, to forge a new team of young players full of potential, then the guy who did it last time is already employed by our owners, and in the past he's had no trouble with moving on guys who were his own stalwarts in the past (see Gallagher, Oakley, Berner, Weale, Howard etc.). Pearson is the opposite of a move backwards, it just might be that he's too extreme a step forwards right now.

Just because we looked back once doesn't mean we have to repeat the error. Rarely do returning managers reap success, it seems something some have to do as they see as "unfinished" business.

The trio of Pearson, Shakespeare and Stowell worked well as they had, based on their differing backgrounds, different views on certain areas/situations - that was probably combined together and from this ideas and plans were being bounced off well during them being together in League One, the Championship and the Premier League.

There's rumours that Stowell wasn't at the gane on Monday?

16 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

we were already in talks for Kantè before Nige left, in fact it’s was Ranieri that didn’t want to sign Kantè.

Yes he didn’t sign the other players you listed, they were Ranieri, but the vast majority of them have flopped.

I'm sure Nige signed Amartey?

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Cult of Pearson and proud. 

Look at that togetherness!! The passion!! It's videos like this that show what he built here. Something I honestly can't see happening again for a long time. Hungry players that wanted to show they could do it, supported and mentored to being at the very best theu could be, well above their previously forseen ability. His man management is exceptional, having met him and many people who have worked alongside him, he is highly regarded. 

The magic has gone. Even under Ranieri the end of the season seemed flat as we crossed the line for the title. 

2 hours ago, foxhateram said:

Look at that togetherness!! The passion!! It's videos like this that show what he built here. Something I honestly can't see happening again for a long time. Hungry players that wanted to show they could do it, supported and mentored to being at the very best theu could be, well above their previously forseen ability. His man management is exceptional, having met him and many people who have worked alongside him, he is highly regarded. 

The magic has gone. Even under Ranieri the end of the season seemed flat as we crossed the line for the title. 

proud member of cult pearson here, but do not remember end of 2016 as flat - remember seeing my dad on video going mental in a london pub colonised by leicester fan, remember crying out of sheer pride, jubilation and exhaustion, remember birch beaming, dont remember flat 

24 minutes ago, eblair said:

proud member of cult pearson here, but do not remember end of 2016 as flat - remember seeing my dad on video going mental in a london pub colonised by leicester fan, remember crying out of sheer pride, jubilation and exhaustion, remember birch beaming, dont remember flat 

Agree with that. There was nothing flat about the end of our title winning season. Palace away for example didn't seem too flat!!

44 minutes ago, eblair said:

I'm  not talling about the crowds, we had a whale of a time. I'm talking about the performances, lots of 1 - 0s and not exactly flattering ourselves. I thought at the time that they were exhausted, but now looking back, I think there was more to it than that, even when we were at the top. 

Don't get me wrong I partied in the stands and loved every moment of it. But the performances weren't exactly Brazil were they.

Guest FriendlyRam

He deserves another crack imo. Christ almighty if Hodgson can keep finding employment why do blokes like Pearson not get a 2nd chance?

I really wanted him to be given a real go with us :( but our mug for an owner wasnt patient. If memory serves right we actually werent as bas as the results suggested (Derby), we just couldnt score in a brothel, which funnily enough was a problem throughout the past 2 seasons not just those 12 games. 

Deserves another go imo and hope he gets it,, plus he loves your club and its obvious your fans love him, match made in heavon?

9 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

He deserves another crack imo. Christ almighty if Hodgson can keep finding employment why do blokes like Pearson not get a 2nd chance?

I really wanted him to be given a real go with us :( but our mug for an owner wasnt patient. If memory serves right we actually werent as bas as the results suggested (Derby), we just couldnt score in a brothel, which funnily enough was a problem throughout the past 2 seasons not just those 12 games. 

Deserves another go imo and hope he gets it,, plus he loves your club and its obvious your fans love him, match made in heavon?

I would love him to return to Leicester City as Director of Football.

6 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Cant see him coming back for now :pearson:

He's next likely to come back at when he's around 70; retired and got nothing to do on a Saturday, so is invited by the club for a half-time chat with 96-year-old Alan Birchenall who still looks strong.

Archived