Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes it’s difficult to argue he’s  not very good at that side of things

I keep saying I'd have him as our DOF over the current incumbent in a heartbeat.   If not, get Shakey out there with him and  we'll soon not have to worry about recruitment as they will provide an excellent feeder club ...

2 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

I firmly believe that we would have still won the prem under NP and would have been in a much better position had he still been with us. We won the prem with the squad he built and the tactics he employed, it would be like starting his work all over again. Shame he was sacked in the first place. Has to be the greatest manager we have had in modern times.

Ranieri won the prem with Ranieri's tactics 

3 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

I firmly believe that we would have still won the prem under NP and would have been in a much better position had he still been with us. We won the prem with the squad he built and the tactics he employed, it would be like starting his work all over again. Shame he was sacked in the first place. Has to be the greatest manager we have had in modern times.

We wouldn't have won a thing in 2016 if Pearson was still manager. Ranieri blatantly took Pearson's tactics and perfected them and then stupidly decided he wanted to try something else the following season. No chance would we have got all of those 1-0's with Pearson. Ranieri definitely put his Italian print on the tactics second half of the season, with Pearson we would have just drifted away to mid table obscurity. 

47 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Ranieri didnt change a thing. Same formation and tactics with the added benefit of Kante, a player that NP wanted and he if my memory serves me well didnt

Um, pretty sure Pearson only kept us up with 352. His 442 was an absolute disaster. 

Ranieri got them organised, unbeatable and made history.

Look, Pearson is in the past just as well as Martin o Neil who I do not want back either.We need to move on with new manager and hopefully new playing style.Who that is with,at the moment ,I don't know.If it was my choice and the owners are serious,I would break the bank for Simeone.

In 2008 we were down and out, relegated to league 1 with the worst squad in our history. In 2015-16 we won the prem. Seven years of development with 85% of it the responsibility of NP. Every player in that title winning side with the exception of Kasper and Kingy were signed by NP. Raneri said himself that on pitch changes were not needed, seven straight wins at the end of the previous season. Anybody who doesnt believe that Nigel Pearson wasnt in a major way behind our title triumph is deluded.

1 hour ago, I am an Ostrich said:

I said before maybe we wouldn't have won the league with Pearson but we wouldn't have won it without him either ?

I think that's fair. Everything came together in perfect harmony. I was never massively fond of NP but neither would I deny he had a hand in our 2016 success.

23 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

In 2008 we were down and out, relegated to league 1 with the worst squad in our history. In 2015-16 we won the prem. Seven years of development with 85% of it the responsibility of NP. Every player in that title winning side with the exception of Kasper and Kingy were signed by NP. Raneri said himself that on pitch changes were not needed, seven straight wins at the end of the previous season. Anybody who doesnt believe that Nigel Pearson wasnt in a major way behind our title triumph is deluded.

The pedant in me forces a post ! 

Not trying to take from Ranieri but its too easily overlooked the major slump in form of the top teams that season.

For the 1st time since the EPL top 4 made the champions league from 2001/02 none of Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd made it. The other teams being a deflated Man City and Arsenal. Only a newish Tottenham put up a fight but they tripped up too often at the final 1/3 of the season.

We'll never know of course what could have happened but I'd beleive Pearson would have been challenging for Europe at the very least all things being equal.

52 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

He didn’t sign Kante, Amartey, Benelouane, Gray, Dyer or Inler did he?!? 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I actually think it worked the other way, as after that season I think every side saw Leicester one the league and thought 'hang on, the titles here for the taking here' so all of them spent big, got in top managers or backed their current ones and the quality of the top 6 improved higher than what we've ever seen in the Premier League before (apart from a few teams like Man U of 1999 or Arsenal's invicibles, but as a whole of the top 6 as quality) whereas the rest of the league is still sort of what it was apart from Leicester from that season obviously 

Yes we embarrassed the establishment but I'm referring to the season we won it not after.

I just find that when people are defending Ranieri to the hilt and having a go at us for his departure are overlooking at the state of the big clubs that year.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well to me it looked exactly the same as the great escape style of play until we found ourselves top of the league in January

We played a different formation under Ranieri compared to the great escape. Some short memories on here. People need to forget about Pearson. He won't be back thankfully. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Some people are just obsessed with NP.

From what I'm reading it would seem that he's a bit of a cult. 

Spell check let you down there buddy...:P

Archived