Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Come Home Nigel

Would you want NP back as manager?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want NP back as manager?

• Definite Yes
    • Definite No
    • Possibly

With this forums lousy  prediction form, and the many NOs.

welcome home...welcome, come on in....and close the deal..

Unfinished Business, rebuild, another crack at a few Osteriches!!!

And a return bout with that still unknown fan...maybe he did fkoffanddie.

We get an all in Wrestler, who fights wild dogs on his days off.

Hardened flemish credentials...

best wry smile in the business.... Great banter with Dyche back on the cards.

Hes our legend, hes our Nigel....Hes our next manager...like Muhammed Ali, always ripe for a come back...

Hes pretty, floats like butterfly...has a few good stings, takes on all comers,...oh well we could do worse.

I love Nige but if he came back it would be a backwards step. Our owners and us as fans are ambitious and yes we know we won't be winning the title again but we can push towards Europe/be a comfortable mid table team/ have a go at the cup comps if we get the right manager to take us forward. Nige woild steady the ship and sort stuff out in the short term, but i doubt he'd be able to push us on any further. 

Big Pearsonite myself - and i did vote "yes" because his re-appointment would make me happy. It's an appointment from the heart no doubt.

However saying all that and trying to use my head slightly more than my heart even I conceed that i'm not 100% sold on Pearson without Shakey as assistant - and that happening right now at this time would be impossible - firstly (i'm sure) Shakey wouldn't have agreed to dropping back down after he took the step up - and Nigel's not the sort of guy to bundle his way back in at the detriment of his long-time friends career either - and both of those reasons are completly correct and right.

I can dream perhaps of a Pearson/Shakespeare team again someday - but i think now's the time for Allardyce - not his biggest fan personally, but what's best for the club now is a manager who can 1st - keep us up and 2nd - get us back into europe (europa league) - Allardyce for me is the only candidate who (all but) guarantees that for us - anyone else no matter how much weight the name has is going to be a punty move that could end in disaster come May - and lets not mess about - next seasons Championship could see some massive casulties heading down to League 1 as the division will be rammed with quality sides.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I love Nige but if he came back it would be a backwards step. Our owners and us as fans are ambitious and yes we know we won't be winning the title again but we can push towards Europe/be a comfortable mid table team/ have a go at the cup comps if we get the right manager to take us forward. Nige woild steady the ship and sort stuff out in the short term, but i doubt he'd be able to push us on any further. 

Like @Babylon  has often stated, delusions Of Grandeur  !!    

We aint That  top 6 team, some Will have us believe.We aint earnt diddly squat,

To show otherwise , means Reality hasn't Hit home...or people are failing to face upto it.

We havent been wise, Beside the title win itself, the last   success of any recognition, was NPs

Developement of the backroom set up....At present nobody seems to have bettered it.

Dyche might have got near it..

Can see why some people want Nige back but i can also see why others want to be a bit more ambitious. All depends who would want the job . Would take Nige ahead of Coleman, Pardew and Moyes thats for sure. But would take Dyche, Ancelotti or Allardyce over Pearson. I know Ancelotti won't come here but we can only ask the question. 

5 minutes ago, bluefox76 said:

Do miss his big trainer's.

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Like @Babylon  has often stated, delusions Of Grandeur  !!    

We aint That  top 6 team, some Will have us believe.We aint earnt diddly squat,

To show otherwise , means Reality hasn't Hit home...or people are failing to face upto it.

We havent been wise, Beside the title win itself, the last   success of any recognition, was NPs

Developement of the backroom set up....At present nobody seems to have bettered it.

Dyche might have got near it..

i didn't say we were a top 6 team, I said we should be aiming to be a comfortable mid table team and maybe have a go at the cups and try and get in Europe. With the money we have and the players we have that is achievable. Why should we just accept being a relegation threatened team when we can be more than that if we make the right appointment. The outside the top 6 the prem really isn't that strong and i feel we have a squad better than most, we just need a manager who can get the best out of our players and add one or two new faces as well as silva in jan. If we make the right appointment we could finish between 7th and 10th easy. Make the wrong appointment and we will be in a relegation battle. The margins really are that fine! 

The NFP question summarises the debate re the next manager for me. Into the future with a new broom and new ideas? Accept we are going to try and play a brand of football that the others are better at. Many others. Or accept we are a square peg in a round hole and stick to doing it differently. Differently in a way that two years ago nobody could handle. It’s why seeing Ancelotti and Dyche linked doesn’t surprise me. It reflects the dilemma. The next call re manager is a defining one for me, in terms of our whole philosophy. I’m completely torn. 

Archived