Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Stoke (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Wantd to cover because Fuchs was wandering god knows where. 

Stupid decision when shaqiri is on your left. 

The choice was between leaving shaqiri on his own inside the box, or staying firm and hoping Choupa-mouting doesnt hit a 30 yard wonder strike.... Both made a stupid decision.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We were by far the better team in that half. 1-1 is hard to take given we should be home and dry by now. Unusual to see us so wasteful in front of goal, though fair play to Butland, he made a fantastic save. We look open on the break, and it was giving the ball away that cost us, but it was a clinical finish from Shaqiri.

To be honest no matter the result today, I've been impressed. This is what I have personally wanted, playing some actual football and fashioning chances, whilst retaining the ability to counter. Mahrez passes to Vardy and we'd have one on the break too.

So far impressed with what Puel has done in a short space of time.

Agree. I like what we are doing. 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely seeing some cracks appear in Maguires game, what on earth was he doing running out for the Shaqiri goal?

Such talent, Puel will sort him out, he's made a few mistakes recently.

Would help if Fuchs could stay with his man defensively (ever) and Simpson was playing the guy onside 2 yards behind even morgan.

2 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

We're looking more dangerous than I've seen for quite a while.  Every chance of another second half.

Problem is, and I'm sorry to say it, is that the best left back that we've had for the last 30 years has lost form and is now a bit of a liability.  So we could concede another as well.

We're looking more dangerous than I've seen for quite a while.  Every chance of another second half.

Problem is, and I'm sorry to say it, is that the best left back that we've had for the last 30 years has lost form and is now a bit of a liability.  So we could concede another as well.

Mr Whitlow called.

He wants a word.

Just now, trabuch said:

Agree. I like what we are doing. 

Results are always great, but there is something to be said for taking one step back to take two forwards. Gray is in the team now, showing we can play football when in possession and go away and dominate. Once we get better, it will really help us. Iborra and Ndidi now look like a partnership rather than strangers too.

Just now, FIF said:

Would help if Fuchs could stay with his man defensively (ever) and Simpson was playing the guy onside 2 yards behind even morgan.

I agree, but that doesnt make his decision anything other than stupid. He should have held his ground and stayed close to shaqiri. trying to close down a player 35 yards out when shaqiri is next to the box with a mile of space is u12 decision making.

Thoroughly enjoyable match so far. Early Saturday for me to get up to watch, but I vastly prefer watching matches on Saturday mornings as opposed to local night time stuff. I’m of course hoping for us to get the go ahead goal and hold on for an away win...

I'm glad we at least had a few atempts already in the first half and look like scoring. There were quite a lot of games under Shakes and late era Ranners when we had none at this point

Our defence made Shaqiri and Chuppamouthing look better than they are though...

We should step up a gear thats three points up for the taking right there, Zouma is about to shit himself on sight of Gray their CBs  almost want to score an og for us

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Stupid decision when shaqiri is on your left. 

The choice was between leaving shaqiri on his own inside the box, or staying firm and hoping Choupa-mouting doesnt hit a 30 yard wonder strike.... Both made a stupid decision.

Fair point. but it's not like he had much of a choice. Shouls have he stayed on his line it'd have given CM to get some precious yards closer to either shoot or pass. 

Babylon has pointed it before, Our FBs are pushing more ahead which is a double edged sword, so this kind of situation is bound to happen again. Don't forget that the whole team is adaptiong to a new system. It won't be perfect for quite a few games but it's necessary.

Archived