Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Stoke (A) Match Thread

Dont remember us scoring up the other end in a while. We've looked good in midfield, flashes of brilliance from Gray becoming more imposing, bit weak from Vards, Shinji and Mahrez, they shouldve scored one between them and the defence is getting sliced up quite easily, Maguire charging out of position when we dont even have possession now

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely seeing some cracks appear in Maguires game, what on earth was he doing running out for the Shaqiri goal?

Such talent, Puel will sort him out, he's made a few mistakes recently.

Wantd to cover because Fuchs was wandering god knows where. 

Just now, Ted Maul said:

We look excellent going forward, leaving ourselves exposed at the back though. Fuchs needs to switch on to the runs in behind him- same last week against Lennon.

Seems to be doing it every week, suckered forward to a full back and losing his winger. Far from the Mr consistency he was

With the chances we've had should be a couple of goals to the good. Just a horrendous goal to concede with practically their only decent attack. 

We're playing too slowly though. If we don't get going early in the second half I'd be tempted to go 4-3-3 with King on for okazaki (can hardly believe I'm saying that) and then Gray, vardy and mahrez staying forward on each of their back three.

We're looking more dangerous than I've seen for quite a while.  Every chance of another second half.

Problem is, and I'm sorry to say it, is that the best left back that we've had for the last 30 years has lost form and is now a bit of a liability.  So we could concede another as well.

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely seeing some cracks appear in Maguires game, what on earth was he doing running out for the Shaqiri goal?

Such talent, Puel will sort him out, he's made a few mistakes recently.

They've been there since the start. Said it several times before, but he makes one big mistake every game. He's got so much potential if he cuts out those mistakes he could be a great player, but when you look at the consistency of Morgan alongside him it's clear Maguire isn't that consistently good yet.

2 minutes ago, Benguin said:

No right to comment if your not there. Arguably travelling up to Stoke on a Saturday morning is more support than yelling at the TV all year.

Not everyone can go, most can't get tickets. Simply travelling there and sitting quiet is pointless.

2 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

No Atmosphere coming through my speakers

Where's the noise we're used to ?

As for the game, reminds me a bit of WBA...... We attack they score

There’s hardly a decent atmosphere at any televised early kick off games. Just no time for everyone to get pissed :D

Just now, Crinklyfox said:

We're looking more dangerous than I've seen for quite a while.  Every chance of another second half.

Problem is, and I'm sorry to say it, is that the best left back that we've had for the last 30 years has lost form and is now a bit of a liability.  So we could concede another as well.

You can say that again. :ph34r:

I am impressed. Gray is like the old Mahrez, you get excited every time he has the ball.

Shame we didn't take our chances at 1-0, as we had quite a few good situations then. We got undone too easily on their goal it seemed, but kudos to Stoke for a quality attack and finish. Keep it up guys and we can get something here.

Archived