Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Who do you want Jan 18

I think we need to be bolder in the transfer market. I've been playing Soccer Manager 2018 and by October 2018 I'd sold off most of the current team and used the money wisely on younger players. My team is now pickford, bellarin, theo Hernandez, bailly, stones, bakayoko, ndidi, Mahrez, mbappe, ousmane dembele and Gabriel Jesus. Just shows it could be done if Rudkin stopped fannying about. I organise my own transfers on Soccer Manager so perhaps Puel needs to do the same.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

I think we need to be bolder in the transfer market. I've been playing Soccer Manager 2018 and by October 2018 I'd sold off most of the current team and used the money wisely on younger players. My team is now pickford, bellarin, theo Hernandez, bailly, stones, bakayoko, ndidi, Mahrez, mbappe, ousmane dembele and Gabriel Jesus. Just shows it could be done if Rudkin stopped fannying about. I organise my own transfers on Soccer Manager so perhaps Puel needs to do the same.

One problem with this, how can you see people like Ousmane Dembele or bellerin etc leaving the likes of Barca to play for us?

2 hours ago, Ridout9399 said:

One problem with this, how can you see people like Ousmane Dembele or bellerin etc leaving the likes of Barca to play for us?

Well what I do is find out what they're currently being paid and offer them a bit more. So if Bellarin is getting £54k a week I'll offer him £57k. Money talks.

44 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not for 3k it doesn’t lollollol 

Worked for me. Maybe I should just be given Rudkin's job. Reckon we could easily sell Mahrez for £100m and spend the money on Sane (£35m), Jesus (£25m) and Bailly (£30m). The other £10m can be spent on up and coming players like Alexander-Arnold, mawson, winks, tom davies and Ryan sessegnon. Probably a few more too. My reserve team on Soccer manager is almost as good as some prem teams!

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Worked for me. Maybe I should just be given Rudkin's job. Reckon we could easily sell Mahrez for £100m and spend the money on Sane (£35m), Jesus (£25m) and Bailly (£30m). The other £10m can be spent on up and coming players like Alexander-Arnold, mawson, winks, tom davies and Ryan sessegnon. Probably a few more too. My reserve team on Soccer manager is almost as good as some prem teams!

TBH mate, thats a game, its not real life, and players would rather stay for slightly less money than come to a club that is growing but not gonna compete for a long time. And if Coutinho goes for over £100m, Sane would go for at least £70m as Man City spent £40m on him. I think you are wishful thinking

7 minutes ago, Ridout9399 said:

TBH mate, thats a game, its not real life, and players would rather stay for slightly less money than come to a club that is growing but not gonna compete for a long time. And if Coutinho goes for over £100m, Sane would go for at least £70m as Man City spent £40m on him. I think you are wishful thinking

Tbh I wrote the first post in jest to take the micky out of football manager types. Didn't expect to keep getting serious responses so just kept going....

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Tbh I wrote the first post in jest to take the micky out of football manager types. Didn't expect to keep getting serious responses so just kept going....

I got it, I was waiting for you to spend £15m on a Brazilian teenager who would be one of the best players in the world within a year. 

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I see @Ric Flair has been actively pushing Ryan Sessegnon already. Guy's a tank at left-back and on the wing. Crazy amount of talent, so versatile - and that at age 17!

May I also suggest Forest's Kieran Dowell, in case the Maddison deal doesn't come through?

Sadly he is Everton’s Dowell... amazed they haven’t recalled him, lads amazing! 

He was U23 player of the season last year and scored some absolute wonder goals too

Frenkie De Jong to play next to Maguire, basically leading to Kaspar defending by himself lol all jokes aside, I like this trend we've had with signing silva and iborra, proven quality and most importantly leaders. Not sure who or even if we need another signing, but if certain players leave then i'd like that sort of replacement. 

In fact thinking about it now, our teams probably the 7th best in the league... If we were to dream again i'd want a very good left back, right back, centre back and left winger perhaps would be the only positions where I feel we could go up a level to help push beyond 7th. Admittedly we'd be probably wanting to spend £20m+ on each unless we can find some cheap gems, and champions league experience I feel would be necessary. When I have some time i'll try and look into a few suggestions :)