Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Who do you want Jan 18

5 hours ago, F1_AN said:

I can’t imagine anyone  would pay any kind of decent money for James given his injury history?

and whilst I think Amartey is ok he hasn’t done anything of note to demand a 5m plus fee from anyone. I’d imagine a loan is the best you’d get for those two 

Musa...well 10p might swing it 

You really think? I suppose when I look at it, we managed 12m+ for Schlupp after add-ons. In these overheated times, a quality back-up like James who can be an effective Prem MF on the pitch if healthy, eh, I'd be stoked if we needed a player like him and we snapped him up for ten, even with injuries. Like say earlier this season when we suddenly had no MFs, a guy who was healthy but carried a big injury risk, eh, if he helps a team get a couple results and they stay up, worth it for sure. As for Amartey, he is a pretty useful piece, a genuine utility player who is young and strong and who has played well against some solid sides if we take away that Man U appearance. He has been inconsistent, but I could see a team convincing themselves that is bc he isn't focused on one position. 

In any event, we'd be daft to trade either. They are cheap and useful. The strikers can go, but James in particular is a high-quality back-up when healthy, and we need Amartey right now as well to stand in for Simpson.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I still am not 100% happy with our recruitment process here so the thought of going out and spending another £50-100 million doesn't particularly excite me, especially if it's on strikers again where we've had a horrific track record with. If we count Okazaki as a support attacker then the last successful striker we signed was Ulloa and he gets dogs abuse now. It is one of the hardest positions to get right and in an era where only 1 seems to play at any one time it's hard for the new strikers to make an impact but we've had our kegs down with Musa, Slimani we've paid way over the odds for and Iheanacho is looking like a horrific purchase right now.

Spot on. It's not only about money available to spend, it's about who we spend it on. Rudkin and his fookin cronies have spent very unwisely for too long at this club. We need someone at the helm who has an eye for a player. We have signed some utter turd over the past year or two.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I am beginning to think we should sign Mawson or someone like him. As brilliant as Huth and Wes have been, we do need younger centre backs. Not convinced about Dragovic yet, he could well be the answer.

Genuinely (cos I don't really know), why are so many people wanting to sign Alfie Mawson? What is so special about him? 

What is it about wanting to sign a centre back who has been pretty much ever present in a side who are going to be relegated this season? Is he just a victim of being in such a bad team, in such a badly run club, or is he not as good as people are making out? I dunno.

I guess the same could have been said about our Harry with Hull though, of course. Decent player in a shocking side and an appallingly run club.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely (cos I don't really know), why are so many people wanting to sign Alfie Mawson? What is so special about him? 

What is it about wanting to sign a centre back who has been pretty much ever present in a side who are going to be relegated this season? Is he just a victim of being in such a bad team, in such a badly run club, or is he not as good as people are making out? I dunno.

I guess the same could have been said about our Harry with Hull though, of course. Decent player in a shocking side and an appallingly run club.

It seems defensive attributes aren't as important as offensive attributes nowadays in centre halves. 

Any centre half who is good with the ball at his feet or scores a few goals is now class even if he is only an average defender.

Just a thought but I wonder if Iborra will find himself playing centre half the older he gets?

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Something something Harry Maguire.

Edit; I should really have carried on reading the entire post rather than just the first sentence :) 

Edited by AKCJ

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Quite like lewis dunk at brighton as an option in defence. Looks solid from what I've seen this season. 

Lewis Dunk is a better option than Mawson for me by some stretch, and I'd love us to get him in – but he's less attainable given Swansea look to be on their way out.

I'd fancy Dunk to get a big move when he eventually leaves Brighton.

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Lewis Dunk is a better option than Mawson for me by some stretch, and I'd love us to get him in – but he's less attainable given Swansea look to be on their way out.

I'd fancy Dunk to get a big move when he eventually leaves Brighton.

Dunk could be an option in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Walcott

Yeah, I think this - I've got a bad feeling about losing Mahrez and watching a 20 million quid steal by Everton for Walcott whilst we are scratching around at the end of the window acknowledging our season now revolves around mediocrity and finishing 14th

58 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, I think this - I've got a bad feeling about losing Mahrez and watching a 20 million quid steal by Everton for Walcott whilst we are scratching around at the end of the window acknowledging our season now revolves around mediocrity and finishing 14th

Walcott strongly linked to Everton this morning 

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think we have missed a trick here. Better than Gray and Iheanacho. Whether he wouldve come I don't know. 

I think Mahrez will stay this window but will certainly be off in the summer. He deserves to be playing in the champions League.

• Like 1

We could do a lot worse than Walcott..

....Couldn’t we??

Surely Everton don’t need any more players. And surely we’re a better prospect for him than Southampton?? 

Worth throwing our our hat in the ring for him, as he’s going cheap...?! 

• Like 1